vCash
    Looks like the deal with be $4M+/year.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    stupid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Lol at everyone *****ing about this.
    My gripe is that the Giants are willing to pay a reliever fair market price, but won't pay for Swisher. Can't speak for everyone else, but I'm sure others share the same sentiments. I really like Casilla and apparently so do the Giants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    How dare this team pay market value for a RP! While the individual signing isn't bad, I don't like how everyone in the BP will be making 5 mil. But, I don't see the problem with this particular signing.
    You don't see the problem with giving a 33 year old reliever, who has lost 3 MPH off his fastball since 2010, and is at best the 3rd or 4th best pitcher in our pen a 3 year contract? One who is also coming off his worst year as a Giant?

Especially when nothing is being done to upgrade left field because we are supposedly at our "payroll limit?" Yet they somehow managed to make room for Casilla.

vCash
    Except the fact that they didn't just sign him he was already under contact for 1.75 I believe so he gets 2.25 extra

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersrock99 View Post
    Except the fact that they didn't just sign him he was already under contact for 1.75 I believe so he gets 2.25 extra
    He was arbitration eligible this season and was projected to make about $5M.

vCash
    I have no problem with keeping this bullpen together. It's only a specialty for Bochy in the postseason.

vCash
    I hate that we're locking ourselves into several long-term deals with relivers. Very few can be relied upon to stay consistent year to year.

On the flip side, it's hard to complain about a pen consisting of Kontos, Lopez, Affy, Romo, Casila and possibly Wilson if he comes back on the cheap. An Expensive pen no doubt, but should be a very effective one
    Last edited by The_Jamal; 12-18-2012 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    If they sold you with adultery between Delonte and Mrs. James, then here:

Kenyon #Gangstarep Martin reppin that kiss on his neck. He almost ate Mark Cuban. #Steamysteams blockin those shots, your balls are in a no fly zone. Michael Redd my knees are back! Jannero...Jesus I can't do this.

The PSD NBA Redraft GOAT speaking the truth

vCash
    Sabean saw that BA/OBP and thought it was the logical thing to do.

I consider a 3 year deal with a reliever long-term, Casilla isn't the type of reliever you do that with.

vCash
    Lets hope that he pitches well enough to warrant there money in 2014 and 2015. With 2 World Series titles in the past 3 year I can't understand why anyone would worry about the teams spending. Not only should you trust that they know what they are doing, you should be satisfied with the past 3 years period. You never know, he could have a great year and could be scheduled to make 7 mil the year after. It's market value and he has helped in both 2010 and 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 707GiAnTsFaN View Post
    Lets hope that he pitches well enough to warrant there money in 2014 and 2015. With 2 World Series titles in the past 3 year I can't understand why anyone would worry about the teams spending. Not only should you trust that they know what they are doing, you should be satisfied with the past 3 years period. You never know, he could have a great year and could be scheduled to make 7 mil the year after. It's market value and he has helped in both 2010 and 2012.
    I always thought that Casilla would make a good trade chip in the right deal. Now under contract 3 years for a decent price, he would be even more attractive to a team looking for quality relief help. More so if he has a decent year like you say.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

vCash
    Im not sure why people think that the Giants offering market value for Casilia has anything to do with Nick Swisher. First off, Swisher appears to be ready to make upwards of 12 million, not sure how Casilia at 4+ and Torres at 2 would make a Swisher deal plausible. I wanted Swisher on this team, but at the expense of Hunter Pence's raise.

I'm not on either side of the Casilia deal. When i first saw it, i thought it was a bit high, but it's the market value. He was pretty good last year, with the exception of when he starting gagging up the closer job.

This tells me Wilson is definitely gone, unless he is willing to take an incentive filled deal. Casilia gives the Giants versatility if Romo has any struggles next season. It lets Bochy do what he does best. It keeps that clubhouse in tact.

Not the worst of deals and not the best of deals. The reality is who would they have replaced him with? It's already been said that relievers are too inconsistent on a year to year basis, so why not sign a proven commodity? I just have a slight hesitation on the years.
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..donít know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.Ē

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 707GiAnTsFaN View Post
    No one said they're unsatisfied. That being said we shouldn't just be satisfied. We shouldn't be content. We should want more, to win every year and by not getting better this offseason that's where some of us have a problem.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 12-18-2012 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    He was projected to make this much in arbitration anyways, calm down everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgersuck View Post
    He was projected to make this much in arbitration anyways, calm down everyone.
    I think it's the years that people don't like.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast