Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

$70 Million Payroll...What's Next?

Santana makes $24m...Wright gets $8m in 2013...Bay maybe $9m...Francisco $6.5m...Buck $6m if no cash in the deal...Niese $5m...that's $58.5m. No other player earns more than about $750k (Davis, Tejada, Murphy, Gee, Parnell?)...we're up to $62m. The other 15 players earn close to the $480k minimum so budget another $8m takes us to $70m. If the stated goal is no higher than last year's $93m that means SA has $23m to invest. Okay guys and gals...how would you spend $23m on FAs to fill two OF spots, one decent veteran SP and bullpen depth. Hairston or Ross ($6/8m for two years), Liriano ($4m), Bourn ($10/16/16/15/15/3 buyout?) and $3m for a pair of LOOGYs sounds good to me. Opinions??? Trade some kids for an outfielder like Coco Crisp?

Bourne-Tejada-Wright-Davis-Hairston- Duda -Buck/TDA and Murphy and Kirk -Valdespin- Turner and Hicks....Santana-Harvey-Niese -Gee -Liriano and Mejia for depth then Francisco -Parnell -Edgin -Carson -Byrdak -Familia and two LOOGYs sounds like an interesting team. Bourn Buck TDA Hairston and Liriano replacing Torres Bay Thole Nickeas and Dickey....hmmmm....
    Last edited by rdg515; 12-17-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    We'll have what? 40 million coming off the books next year?

That money will be used towards extensions and arbitration. We'll have maybe 20M to play with which will go towards bench players, maybe a starter or two, bullpen, and outfielder. (Assuming we don't take care of that this year)

vCash
    I think we have a really good shot at a guy like Cody Ross for 2 years and maybe a 3rd year option. It depends though because while we were working the Dickey trade a few teams have already been in play for Ross.

Bourne is someone I would take, but I don't want him if he is still wanting ridiculous money and years.

It is not because of me not wanting to spend it is because I don't think Bourne is worth those money and years.
    Last edited by metsbulls1025; 12-17-2012 at 10:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I think we have a really good shot at a guy like Cody Ross for 2 years and maybe a 3rd year option. It depends though because while we were working the Dickey trade a few teams have already been in play for Ross.

Bourne is someone I would take, but I don't want him if he is still wanting ridiculous money and years.

It is not because of me not wanting to spend it is because I don't think Bourne is worth those money and years.
    I have two words for you in regards to Bourn ever becoming a Met......SCOTT BORAS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    I have two words for you in regards to Bourn ever becoming a Met......SCOTT BORAS
    Well yeah that is why I said if he was still wanting that money and years I didn't want him.

Cody Ross wasn't linked to the Mets at all. Other than that it will have to be through a trade.

Edit: Seems like they were linked to Ross at one point. So never mind.
    Last edited by metsbulls1025; 12-18-2012 at 01:25 AM.

vCash

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Wasn't beltran a boras client? You can deal with him if u can wait him out until his prices ho down to a realistic level and you are not desperate.
    .he smells desperation
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Seems like we have the new thread made every day...

vCash
    If you can get a guy like Ross for 2 years, scoop him up. Also look into a young CF like Bourjous.

But really make some small moves with high upside potential this year , and save the money for next year's FA crop because there are some quality OF bats in that class. If you wan't a big fish, save the dough for Cano. That's a guy that can really turn things around in Queens quickly. There's about a 5% chance of him leaving the Yankees for us, but if we have a core in place, considering the Yankees will be old, we might have a wild shot.

vCash
    Mike Puma @NYPost_Mets
    Also, it sounds as if the Mets may have a new OF addition in the next few days. Front office has been working on something.
    6m
    Beat Writer / Columnist
    Mike Puma @NYPost_Mets
    Was only told it's a name that hasn't been linked to the Mets.
    3m
    Beat Writer / Columnist
    who's an OF available that has not been linked to us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mano86 View Post
    who's an OF available that has not been linked to us
    Stanton

vCash
    The 2013 season is going to make the 2012 season look like one for the ages. Don't expect them to sign any guys like Swisher, Ross, Bourn etc. If they won 74 games or more then Collins should win manager of the year.

vCash
    Here is a list I can find of who is available. It is from ESPN and I don't think they updated recently.
    Bobby Abreu
    Jeff Baker
    Michael Bourn
    Endy Chavez
    Mark DeRosa
    Matt Diaz
    Scott Hairston
    Bill Hall
    Raul Ibanez

Austin Kearns
    Xavier Nady
    Scott Podsednik
    Cody Ross
    Grady Sizemore
    Nick Swisher
    Again I don't know if any of these names have signed because Ichiro and Andruw Jones were on the list of unsigned and I took them off.

vCash
    The Angels will eat the remainder of Vernon Wells contract in order to trade him and the Mets get an outfielder who is past his prime courtesy of Artie. The Mets just have to part with a scrub.

vCash
    Wells and Soiriano both fit the salary dump category...Sizemore was a star awhile back...whats his story?
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast