Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lin's stats when he's not playing with Harden

playing next Harden, on a per-36-minute basis, Lin has averaged 10.7 points, 6.5 assists and 4.3 rebounds with a ghastly 46.5 true shooting percentage (TS%) to go along with a 12.1 player efficiency rating...according to the NBA.com's StatsCube tool.

But in 106 minutes Lin played when Harden hits the bench: 19.7 points, 7.5 assists, 5.1 rebounds with an above-average 55.4 TS% and a 17.7 PER.

With that in mind...Lin's per-36 minute stat line in New York last season was 19.6 points, 8.3 assists, 4.1 rebounds, 55.2 TS%, and a 19.9 PER.

so Lin's stats without Harden this year is identical to Lin's stats in NYC last year. what do yall think about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    You'd think his numbers outside of scoring would go up with Harden on the court. Like he'd get more assists and have better looks? Curious. I guess it's time to trade Harden then. ;-)
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    playing next Harden, on a per-36-minute basis, Lin has averaged 10.7 points, 6.5 assists and 4.3 rebounds with a ghastly 46.5 true shooting percentage (TS%) to go along with a 12.1 player efficiency rating...according to the NBA.com's StatsCube tool.

But in 106 minutes Lin played when Harden hits the bench: 19.7 points, 7.5 assists, 5.1 rebounds with an above-average 55.4 TS% and a 17.7 PER.

With that in mind...Lin's per-36 minute stat line in New York last season was 19.6 points, 8.3 assists, 4.1 rebounds, 55.2 TS%, and a 19.9 PER.

so Lin's stats without Harden this year is identical to Lin's stats in NYC last year. what do yall think about this?

106 minutes is not even in the stratosphere of a sample size large enough to be able to cite as proof of anything.

I do agree though that he looks better without Harden. There was that 38 point game he had without Harden this season.

Jeremy is best when he's the one primarily handling the ball.

vCash
    It makes sense it was a major concern when they united. They're both ball dominant guards. Maybe move Lin to the bench have him be a 6th man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    106 minutes is not even in the stratosphere of a sample size large enough to be able to cite as proof of anything.

I do agree though that he looks better without Harden. There was that 38 point game he had without Harden this season.

Jeremy is best when he's the one primarily handling the ball.
    This, I think he would have been more effective in NY then he is in Houston because he would be the primary handler/playmaker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    It makes sense it was a major concern when they united. They're both ball dominant guards. Maybe move Lin to the bench have him be a 6th man.
    This is what I was thinking have him play the Harden role like in OKC

vCash
    i would rather see them work things out by playing together. we got a nice preview how good they can be playing together and having turns in running the team's offense.

they'll develop that chemistry in time.
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash
    Jeremy Lin sucks. He's racist.

vCash
    Too much of that time was from one great game.

vCash
    I wonder if the same can be said for every second option in the league?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    Jeremy Lin sucks. He's racist.
    Indeed.

vCash
    Yea its been mentioned before, I think Houston is desperately trying to get their chemistry on track because we both know that Morey knows of these numbers. Willing to sacrifice wins in hope that their backcourt of the future learns to play together, similar thing going on in GS with Curry and Klay.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Well, they had balanced scoring against the Knicks. Lin had 22 and 8 and Harden 28.

vCash
    #Linsanity #FeartheBeard

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Lin needs to further develop as a PG first, then he and Harden can really start to thrive together. A big problem Lin has offensively is his game is completely reliant on driving and attacking the rim. The rest of his game, the passing, the shooting, all plays off of that and how the defense plays him after he gashes them a few times.

This is much like Harden, only Harden is way better at it. What we have is a similar situation to what happens in Miami with LeBron and Wade, only with players on a much smaller scale. The 6th Man idea is an interesting solution, but then how do you justify that? How do you justify benching Lin, who was signed as their marquee free agent and as their PG of the future, for Toney Douglas?

If Lin and Harden can't figure out how to make each other as effective as they can while on the court together then it's never going to work there. Might as well let them learn on the job. It's an extremely young team, and they're not exactly playing for a title this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast