Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Why do you people have Michael Fulmer so high.

vCash
    Because he was only 19 years old, throws his fastball in the mid 90s, has a plus curveball, and has improved his change.

vCash
    He was the 3rd youngest pitcher in that league and finished 7th in ERA (of 94 pitchers with over 70 IP).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    He was the 3rd youngest pitcher in that league and finished 7th in ERA (of 94 pitchers with over 70 IP).
    Wow....did not know that at all. Sounds promising.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    The only red flag is the amount of flyballs he gets, and obviously pitching in Grayson Stadium will not burn him.

vCash

Mets Top 20 Prospects List

The two concerns with him are his cross body delivery which has close to max effort and the fact that he has almost no project ability left in him.

vCash

Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    Good comparison for both players. I hope Cecchini suceeds but I really wanted Addison Russell or Courtney Hawkins in the draft.
    Did not understand the Cecchini pick at all and it was a position that we had a a few young SS already at. Where as a power hitting outfielder like Hawkin is needed within the orgnaization. Hawkins has already been promoted twice and is on the fast track to the bigs. Cecchni needs to fix his swing its one of the worst ones I've seen. Light hitting SS are a dime a dozen.

vCash

Hit Tool

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Vaughn just misses. He is going to be 24 next season and hasn't even proved himself at AA. His hit tool is a huge question mark.
    I've never heard that terminology and curious what it means. Can you explain what it means?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    I've never heard that terminology and curious what it means. Can you explain what it means?
    Hit tool is how how you can hit for average. Vaughn's lack of hit tool might mean he will never hit enough to be a regular since he's a corner OF. If he was 21 with the numbers he put up last year, I'd say he's a very good prospect, but he's getting older and he's still isn't in AA.

vCash
    Did not understand the Cecchini pick at all and it was a position that we had a a few young SS already at. Where as a power hitting outfielder like Hawkin is needed within the orgnaization. Hawkins has already been promoted twice and is on the fast track to the bigs. Cecchni needs to fix his swing its one of the worst ones I've seen. Light hitting SS are a dime a dozen.
    We only have Tejada and maybe Phil Evans. Tovar is a great fielding SS, but he won't hit enough to be a regular. Adding Cecchini and Ahmed Rosario to the system helps out our SS depth tremendously.

For OF we have Vincente Lupo, Wuilmer Becarra, Brandon Nimmo, Cesar Puello, Cory Vaughn, Gilbert Gomez, and others. Developing corner OF is not a huge priority, as they are available through the FA market every year.

SS are very hard to find if you don't develop them.

vCash

Thanks

Hit tool is how how you can hit for average. Vaughn's lack of hit tool might mean he will never hit enough to be a regular since he's a corner OF. If he was 21 with the numbers he put up last year, I'd say he's a very good prospect, but he's getting older and he's still isn't in AA.
    That makes sense. I will follow his progress this year and see if he can make a jump.

vCash
    That makes sense. I will follow his progress this year and see if he can make a jump.
    I like him, always have. He does a lot of things well(power, some speed, arm, patience) his secondary skills are very strong. He just needs to hit more.

If he can hit .260 in the big leagues, he can be a valuable player with the other things he brings to the table.

vCash

Lupo?

We only have Tejada and maybe Phil Evans. Tovar is a great fielding SS, but he won't hit enough to be a regular. Adding Cecchini and Ahmed Rosario to the system helps out our SS depth tremendously.

For OF we have Vincente Lupo, Wuilmer Becarra, Brandon Nimmo, Cesar Puello, Cory Vaughn, Gilbert Gomez, and others. Developing corner OF is not a huge priority, as they are available through the FA market every year.

SS are very hard to find if you don't develop them.
    Considered a power hitter? I would include Travis Taijeron in there somewhere. He had a combine 19 homeruns last year. Becarra we will have to see because he got hit in the face. Sometimes those guys don't come back mentally. Tony Conigliaro and Ellis Valentine never came back from getting hit in the face.

vCash
    Considered a power hitter? I would include Travis Taijeron in there somewhere. He had a combine 19 homeruns last year. Becarra we will have to see because he got hit in the face. Sometimes those guys don't come back mentally. Tony Conigliaro and Ellis Valentine never came back from getting hit in the face.
    He struggled really badly in St. Lucie. He's slightly older than Vaughn too so I don't know what to make of him. He was tearing the cover off the ball in Savannah because of younger inferior competition.

Becerra got hit in the jaw so I think he will be fine.

vCash
    Just curious about everyone's opinions of Juan Lagares. According to MLB.com he's ranked #13 on our list, yet most of your lists that i've seen don't include him. Has he dropped that far in everyone's eyes?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast