I wouldn't say I have zero interest in Bourjos, but I do have serious doubts about him and Anthony Gose, both of whom were mentioned prominently in the Dickey discussions. If we are looking to trade for an outfielder, here is my preference list.
Originally Posted by Sick Of It All
1. Leonys Martin - Is there any way the Rangers would consider an offer for Martin alone?
2. Emilio Bonifacio - Can play CF well, good speed, could lead off, and the Jays have been talking to Atlanta about him.
3. Alejandro De Aza - Would the White Sox part with this young, still developing CF?
4. Coco Crisp - Older and more expensive, maybe a 1 year rental, but plays good CF, switch hitter, leads off and steals bases.
5. Kole Calhoun or Jarrod Dyson - Could have been part of a Dickey deal with LAA or KCR. If MLB ready could be a fit.
6. Alex Gordon - May also cost too much in prospects, and may not even be available, but . . .
7. Jason Kubel - Has some pop, not much glove, may be too costly in both prospects and salary.
A Mets blogger suggested that the Angels were looking to get rid of Vernon Wells and might pay $38 million of the $42 million he is owed for '13 & '14. Anyone game for that.
In free agency, Cody Ross, Scott Hairston and Nyjer Morgan are viable possibilities.
Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.