Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
    vCash
    Christian Ponder - QB - Vikings
    Dec 23 - 4:21 PM

Christian Ponder completed 16-of-30 passes for 174 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions in the Vikings' Week 16 win at Houston.

The Texans dared Ponder to beat them with an assortment of eight-man boxes and run blitzes. Shockingly, he was up to the task. Ponder was a big part of the Vikings converting 8-of-17 third downs and also scrambled seven times for 48 yards. It's an inspiring win that keeps the Vikings' playoff hopes very alive heading into Week 17 against the Packers. They've now won three straight even though Ponder is averaging 132.0 passing yards per game during that span.

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings
    Dec 23 - 4:01 PM

Adrian Peterson rushed 25 times for 86 yards with no touchdowns in the Vikings' 23-6 Week 16 upset in Houston.

Peterson's first carry of the game went for 20 yards, but the Texans' defense was up to the task after that. Using eight-man fronts and heavy run blitzes on virtually every play, they dared Christian Ponder to beat them -- which he shockingly did. Peterson didn't even get a chance to salvage his fantasy day as Toby Gerhart oddly got the call on a goal-line call with the Vikings up 16-6 deep the fourth quarter. Peterson is now up to 1,898 rushing yards with only a home game against the rival Packers on the schedule. He'll need 208 yards to break Eric Dickerson's record.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

vCash
    we did it boys, my happiness is uncontrollable <3

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    Winners!

vCash
    For as long as I have been a fan I don't think I've ever seen a better all around "team" victory. Pretty every aspect of the game we played well. Only knock on today was we were struggled on 3rd downs but we did enough to win.

Defense completely dominated in all aspects of the game. We really needed the front 7 to play great and they dominated all game long. Other than Andre Johnson, who outside of some early catches didn't do much the rest of the game, our secondary shut down their wide receivers and tight ends.

Ponder was really sharp and played what I feel was his best game of the season. Other than his stupid decision to try and throw the ball away when he was in the grasp of JJ Watt and almost got picked, he didn't make any bad choices. He missed a few throws but hey it's gonna happen. I was thrilled to see us finally use Jarius Wright in a similar role to Percy. The "hidden" shallow cross route and the play action bubble screen worked today a few times, except for when he got blasted lol I thought for the most part the offensive line played really good against a dominant front 7. The running lanes weren't really there but that was mostly because they constantly loaded the box, not really a reflection on the play off the offensive line. I am curious as to why Gerhart was in the game when we were trying to put the game away but hey the team aspect is always more important than individual goals so I can't really blame the coaches for taking him out when the game was pretty much over.

As for our special teams, all I have to say is I love you Blair Walsh!

Great team win today! If we can play like this on the road against a team a lot of people consider the best in the NFL then I think we can hang with anybody. Just gotta keep getting better each week and clinch a playoff berth next week at home! Skol!

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Well here is the answer to all of the questions as to why Gerhart was in:

@TomPelissero: Adrian Peterson was having abdominal soreness. Contributed to decision to sit him on final series. #Vikings

So AP agreed to not go back in.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Haha annoying? You want annoying go back and read all of your posts about Ponder for the last three months.
    What I said about Ponder was true, you just make stuff up. I give Ponder credit when it's due. I thought he played a good game today, and I said it. You, on the other hand, can't admit when Musgrave calls a good game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    What I said about Ponder was true, you just make stuff up. I give Ponder credit when it's due. I thought he played a good game today, and I said it. You, on the other hand, can't admit when Musgrave calls a good game.
    settle down boys, we won thats all that matters

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    Wasting valuable energy that could be used in cheering on the Ravens.

Remember, a Ravens win means we control our own destiny next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Surlyc View Post
    Wasting valuable energy that could be used in cheering on the Ravens.

Remember, a Ravens win means we control our own destiny next week.
    I ain't mad. Let's go Ravens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Don't confuse opinion with the truth. I have given Musgrave credit when it is do. I praised him after the 49ers game and thought he did well in the first half of this game.

vCash
    If Baltimore can keep it up, next weeks game is going to be very exciting. Win and we're in... when was the last time we could say that about the Vikings? SKOL!!!

vCash
    When we played the Cardinals and lost on a force out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    If Baltimore can keep it up, next weeks game is going to be very exciting. Win and we're in... when was the last time we could say that about the Vikings? SKOL!!!
    And at home... Against the Packers... Get stupid drunk Viking fans. Liquor not beer

vCash
    Thank you Ravens

vCash
    what a great day, ravens are beating the giants, vikings winning and now control their own destiny next week, i am off to win my first fantasy championship in a while and off to the championship game in another league next week. fantastic and a merry christmas!!

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast