Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    Where did you hear Cook could be back. Cuz that would be HUGE.
    The Vikings pass defense fell to 22nd in the league after giving up 345 net passing yards to Sam Bradford and the Rams, but there could be a well-time infusion into the secondary for Minnesota. Plus, injury updates and other notes.

Vikings CB Chris Cook is eligible to return to the lineup Sunday against the Houston Texans after spending the last six weeks on injured reserve/designated to return when he suffered a broken arm on Oct. 25.

“We’ll continue to practice him much like we have the last couple of weeks, with the mindset that we’re getting him ready to play because he’s eligible,” Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said. “We’ll have to see how he does as the week goes on, but our goal is to try to get him up if he shows that he’s ready. We’ll make that determination later in the week.”

Frazier said the Vikings wouldn’t decide until later this week whether Cook will start, some of that decision being based on his conditioning.

The timing couldn’t be better. Cook, at 6-foot-2, is the Vikings’ biggest cornerback, and Minnesota travels to Houston, where it will play the sixth-ranked offense and the 11th-ranked passing offense.

Of course, that offense features Andre Johnson, who has single-game records this year in the NFL with 14 catches for 273 yards on Nov. 18 against the Jacksonville Jaguars, and who has 93 catches for 1,360 yards this season. He is also 6-foot-3, 230 pounds – just the type of matchup Cook has been anticipating.

“Really, when I saw the schedule come out and I saw Houston on there, that was one of my target games anyway. Andre Johnson, as a corner you have to look forward to playing Andre Johnson. He’s one of the best receivers in the league,” Cook said in November as he anticipated his return this week. “If you can have a great game against him, then you can have a great game against anybody. That was my whole mindset when I saw Houston – that was the first person I thought about.”

LINK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Well I really hope Cook proves himself and plays well against Andre Johnson because not only do we need to contain him in order to win, I am also playing against him in my fantasy championship game lol

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I can't wait to see what our defense can look like with all 4 CB's healthy....i'm feelin a switch to safety this offseason for one of them

vCash

Week 16: Minnesota Vikings (8-6) vs Houston Texans (12-2) Dec 23 1:00 PM ET

I don't think we will be able to stop Andre and Arian both. Hopefully I'm wrong!

vCash
    We should be able to move the ball, Texans defense is overrated. Look at what the jags did to them, think it could be high scoring.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings
    Dec 20 - 2:49 PM

Adrian Peterson (abdomen) missed practice again on Thursday.

Peterson downplayed the injury as "(n)ormal wear and tear I've been dealing with the past couple weeks. So, I'm just doing the necessary things I need to do as far as resting." Peterson's 1,313 yards are the most in NFL history over an eight-game stretch.

Source: Judd Zulgad on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ayer-news?rw=1

vCash
    This is going to be a difficult game to win and Houston may show us why we don't actually belong in the playoffs this year. But in honor of Adrian Peterson, our new offensive line, and outstanding defensive play, I am hoping we can pull off a upset this Sunday.

vCash
    Eddie Pleasant - DB - Texans
    Texans signed S Eddie Pleasant off the team's practice squad.
    Pleasant is a rookie undrafted free agent out of Oregon who has been on the practice squad all season. Houston has three defensive backs on the Week 16 injury report.
    rotoworld

It would be nice if we were in a situation to exploit this but we're not.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Chris Cook - DB - Vikings
    Dec 21 - 2:11 PM

Vikings CB Chris Cook is expected to return from his broken arm in Week 16 against the Texans.

Minnesota beat writers are unsure how much playing time Cook will be available for, but he is expected to be active. Cook was the Vikings' top outside corner early in the year, grading out positively in Pro Football Focus' coverage ratings.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Chris Cook - DB - Vikings
    Dec 21 - 2:11 PM

That's awesome. This was just confirmed by Frazier, says @StribDW

vCash
    chris cook is baccckkkk!! huge boost for the defense.

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    I hope Adrian Peterson breaks his own single game record for yards and also gets like 6 touchdowns.

titties

vCash
    Chris Cook being back is HUGE for us. I haven't really liked Jefferson honestly.

vCash
    I hope AP gets 200 yards and then breaks the record at home in front of me at the Dome against our No 1 Rivals the Pack. I was there for his 296 against the Chargers and I will be sitting in the same area so Hopefully luck comes back around.

vCash
    Brian Robison - DL - Vikings
    Dec 22 - 11:35 AM

Vikings DE Brian Robison (shoulder) returned to practice Friday and is listed as questionable for Week 16.

"We'll talk a little bit more about how we want to proceed with him. But he did enough in practice (Friday) to create some encouragement amongst our staff and his teammates as well," said coach Leslie Frazier. Robison suffered a Grade 3 sprain of his right shoulder in last weekend's win at St. Louis. He left the locker room in a sling and didn't practice on Wednesday or Thursday. If Robison sits, Everson Griffin will start at left end.

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast