Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    But right now we have 4 starters and a hole. If you bring in someone as a stop gap until the break, bring up Harvey, and then move that guy to the pen.

We won't be getting a super star pitcher this year. Regardless of the money situation there just wasn't anyone available after Greinke.

As long as Niese, Gee, and Harvey keep getting better we will be fine.
    I don't want a superstar, I don't even want an above average pitcher. I just want someone who we know can do the job. Our staff is very young after Santana. And there is no garuntee that Harvey will be as good this season as he was last season. I want us to take that into consideration as well.

vCash
    I don't understand why we're not giving Mejia or Familia a shot to win the 5th starter job, we're going to suck this year, so let's give one of those guys and see what they can do.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    We don't want to stink in 2013....sign Liriano or Sheets or re-sign Young and we can contend. Look at my post about the fillins after Gee and Santana went down....a combined 5-15 6.35 era and a dismal second half....one decent innings eater can prevent that and reduce pressure on the kids.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    I don't understand why we're not giving Mejia or Familia a shot to win the 5th starter job, we're going to suck this year, so let's give one of those guys and see what they can do.
    Because neither of them has shown that they deserve to be starting instead of in the bullpen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    Because neither of them has shown that they deserve to be starting instead of in the bullpen
    Mejia has started 10 or less games in the majors, while Familia has only pitched 1-3 starts. At one point, Gee was just seen as a reliever, but someone got injured and Gee pitch well when given the opportunity. No saw that coming, so that's why you have to give a chance for Familia and Mejia to battle it out in Spring Training for the 5th slot. Sure neither of those guys will become aces, but one of those guys may become a decent pitcher like a Dillon Gee. Not too mention 2013(possibly 2014 as well) is a lost year, so give these kids a shot to earn their keep.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Gee wasn't seen as a reliever.

vCash

Adam Rubin: Tweets from Sandy's Conference Call

Rich Harden? Mark Prior?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12