Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    IMO Sierra = Jacque Jones

vCash
    I still think AA gave up too much to get Dickey but it just shows how well he did in building the farm that he gives up a tonne of prospects this offseason and the farm isn't completely decimated.

To give up that many highly ranked prospects and still have a farm system in the 15-20 range is superb work in the preceeding few years, work that didn't get much support as people were *****ing about the mb team not being good enough. AA had his plan and stuck with it, ignoring the complainers in the media.
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDD View Post
    I still think AA gave up too much to get Dickey but it just shows how well he did in building the farm that he gives up a tonne of prospects this offseason and the farm isn't completely decimated.

To give up that many highly ranked prospects and still have a farm system in the 15-20 range is superb work in the preceeding few years, work that didn't get much support as people were *****ing about the mb team not being good enough. AA had his plan and stuck with it, ignoring the complainers in the media.
    Great post.

I too think that AA gave too much up to get Dickey, but I do understand why he made that trade. People are always referring about those who didn't love the Dickey trade as complainers/******** and whatnot, but they were the ones complaining when AA was building up the farm system so he could make a trade like this.
    Last edited by 13Lawrie13; 12-22-2012 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    IMO Sierra = Jacque Jones
    What exactly do you mean by this...I think we can only hope that Sierra turns into the hitter that Jones was in his prime. When JJ was 27, he hit .300/.341/.511 with 27 HR's and 37 doubles in 577 AB's.

Sierra has power, but he hasn't shown the ability to hit for an OPS over .800. He has missed a lot of time, so he may still develop as a hitter, but I don't think we can count on him turning into Jacque Jones...

vCash
    I think Jacque Jones is a good comp too actually. But perhaps on the lower end. Jones had a great year as a 27 year old, but I'm not sure Sierra is as strong with the bat. He could make a decent starting RF on a second rate ballclub, or a better than average extra OF with some pop from the right side.

He's got some work to do defensively with his reads (and needs to wear some damn sunglasses when the dome is open!) but could still be a useful piece in 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    I for one, was initially upset with the quality of prospects required to land Dickey. No doubt this was a huge cost to the Jays farm system, however, we're all in now.. so the time was right.

Go Jays Go
    I have seen a number of people say WE ARE ALL IN...What does this mean exactly??
    No more chips to play? Last hand??
    Well we have as referenced Gose, Sanchez that could be the centre piece to a huge trade.
    The team has mostly controllable assets at the major league level which would indicate the team will not be one and done.
    I am sure there will some more minor tinkering, and if the team is in contention approaching the trade deadline they can acquire more assets.
    If they are out of it they can sell Josh Johnston, Darren Oliver if he is around and others at the trade deadline to strengthen for the future.
    Great line-up, but all-in???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123