Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    In theory we could. Everything rarely goes right though. There are always unexpected setbacks and progression. We could also finish the year with a guy like Romero in the AAA rotation as well. I expect him to bounce back, but it is just an example of what "could" happen.

I would say AA and AAA still look quite thin, but there is reason to believe that will change in a year or 2.
    AAA is thin right now without Hutch,Drabek and Nolin, but they should be pretty deep by the end of the season. Their hitting will stink, but their pitching should look pretty good again in 12 months..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    AAA is thin right now without Hutch,Drabek and Nolin, but they should be pretty deep by the end of the season. Their hitting will stink, but their pitching should look pretty good again in 12 months..
    I hope so. Although I hope even more that we won't need the AAA team to be super great for the next year or two because our pitchers stay healthy and pitch effectively.

It will be very interesting to see how Drabek and Hutch come back from surgery. Also, how Nolin follows up his excellent season last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    AA is looking like a genius, and backing up everything he said he would do. He stockpiled prospects, and then used them to build a roster that should be able to contend for an extended period of time.

We now have several players under contract at far less then market value, and have built a contending team without paying anyone 20+M/yr..(at least for another couple seasons assuming we hang onto Reyes for more then 2 years and don't flip him before his contract peaks).

People need to realize that a great farm system isn't needed nearly as much when the big league team is willing to spend like the Jays are now. The long term goal wasn't to have the #1 farm system, the long term goal was to win another world series. All we need to do is keep drafting well, and we will be fine over the long term. We still have plenty of good young prospects to groom over the next few years while we have this juggernaut of a roster locked up.

What about next off season? We could finish the year with a AAA rotation of:

Hutchison
    Drabek
    Nolin
    Jenkins
    McGuire

with guys like Stroman, Stilson, Dyson, Crawford, Cecil, Carreno and Magnuson in the bullpen. We should still be primed to make another upgrade or two to the big league roster.
    Stroman is gonna start this year and his stuff is prolly better than those 5. I feel stroman is gonna be a very good starter. He would have gone top 5 in the draft had he been 3 inches taller.

vCash
    They added minor league depth today. Nice to see.

vCash
    Sanchez, Osuna, Smoral and Norris are still around. That's four out of the top six young arms still in the system.

Also, with a high pick in this years draft I'm sure AA will be able to restock the prospect shelf to a respectable level.

I bet he grabs a college bat that's close to being ML ready with the top pick, then continues nabbing more high upside high school players as the draft progresses.

He got most of these prospects over a span of like two years, Syndegaard, Norris, Sanchez ect, there's no saying he can't do it again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Unreal....

AA has been at the helm for 3 years now, he's works hard and now he's put a championship calibre team but people are still *****ing!

This team for the most part i think will be intact for some more years to come and the farm will also continue to develop.

Like i said before ... If all this brings home a championship then that's all that matters.
    3 years starting with spare parts and now 1/8 shot at the WS

AA

can't see how this guy is not exec of the year
    Last edited by ah nuts; 12-19-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
    Sanchez, Osuna, Smoral and Norris are still around. That's four out of the top six young arms still in the system.

Also, with a high pick in this years draft I'm sure AA will be able to restock the prospect shelf to a respectable level.

I bet he grabs a college bat that's close to being ML ready with the top pick, then continues nabbing more high upside high school players as the draft progresses.

He got most of these prospects over a span of like two years, Syndegaard, Norris, Sanchez ect, there's no saying he can't do it again.
    I really hope he does too but, it's harder to get sandwich picks now. Everyone's basicly going to go once every 30.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    I really hope he does too but, it's harder to get sandwich picks now. Everyone's basicly going to go once every 30.
    Which is exactly why we may not see guys like Swisher and Laroche sign until the last minute.

vCash
    I wonder if Moises Sierra will continue on his development path this year, of if he is what he is right now. He has always shown good power potential but only really started tapping into it this season.

If given a full year at AAA I bet this kid would hit 25-30 HRs next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    I wonder if Moises Sierra will continue on his development path this year, of if he is what he is right now. He has always shown good power potential but only really started tapping into it this season.

If given a full year at AAA I bet this kid would hit 25-30 HRs next season.
    He's a decent prospect but as of right now, I think he's more suited in a platoon role. He needs to show he can hit RHP. Definitely needs another year in the minors. His upside is a slight above-average corner outfielder IMO. No rush though, the Jays are pretty set in the outfield for a while and he's gotta leapfrog Gose.

vCash
    I wish we had more big potential bats. Even with our great farm we were stocked with big arms. Im jumping on the Kris Bryant bandwagon now too

vCash
    edit: read a post wrong please delete
    Last edited by heusy_79; 12-20-2012 at 10:30 PM.

vCash
    If any of the Nelson Cruz comparisons to Sierra start to take shape, I'd be pretty happy! Hopefully he has a big year in AAA and we can either deal him next offseason, or give him a shot at DHing vs. LHPs.

vCash
    Sierra needs another year. He has some power but another year in Buffalo will help see what he has. I like the guy but I think we are okay for the next couple years anyways in the OF.
    Last edited by wagnall; 12-21-2012 at 07:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombtista View Post
    I wish we had more big potential bats. Even with our great farm we were stocked with big arms. Im jumping on the Kris Bryant bandwagon now too
    It's too bad on Bryant. I think he wanted $1.5mm from the jays and they decided to go the direction of Dickie Joe Thon and gave him the $1.5mm. That used up their budget.

You have to figure their kicking themselves for paying the wrong guy, but who could have known about Thon's blood disorder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast