Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    They were tanking last year and curry got hurt pretty early in 2012. It was down hill from there.

Even Phil Jackson couldn't make winners out of smush Parker, Samaki walker and kwame brown

she says go for the championship

vCash
    i think when you dont have talent- thats when you get to take a good look at coaching. those no name players on the warriors were somehow playing well enough to stay in a lot of games though. They just werent winning down the stretch. when a team is repeatedly being outplayed in the last 2 or 3 minutes of close games- that kind of falls on the coaching staff doesnt it? The players were good enough to stay in the game up until then..... they had the talent to win a few of those games.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    but again- they were tanking... so I dunno if mark jackson just didnt try to win the close ones or he didnt have the talent to win the close ones. I think it would be kind of mean to the players who worked so hard to stay in the game up until late in the 4th..... but who knows

vCash
    bottom line- if your gonna promise the playoffs... you gotta deliver or you are opening yourself up for some people to question you.

If you dont think the front office can put together the talent required and you yourself have never coached a game in your life to even know how things will play out- You dont promise the playoffs to begin with.

I wanted one of the beat writers to ask him in late march if he was still promising the playoffs.... but nobody had the balls to put him on the spot.

vCash
    And if klay thompson was a year older so Jackson and everybody would know what he could do in September.

And if Monta Ellis, David Lee and Steph Curry played up to their potentials last season,

Then I can't see a reason why they wouldnt have contended for the 8th seed last year over Utah.

Mark Jackson probably thought they would be better. Many of us did.

But that's no excuse for a guarantee before seeing your team. I don't think he'll do that again for a while.

vCash
    Not sold on Jackson SMH!!!

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I think he's for real. I don't think he's all talk. He's a NY legend and a future HOF.

You can't be all talk with those credentials.

And I listened to mark Jackson a lot when he was a broadcaster, and though he sometimes talks in soliloquys.

And is very expressive and entertaining during broadcasts along with van Gundy, I always noted the fact that "this guy would be a great coach",

And I was enamored when I read that Lacob thought the exact same thing....
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.SmackYoMama View Post

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.SmackYoMama View Post
    ok

vCash
    Kent Basedmore deserves the most credit for the turnaround

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iFYouSeekAmy View Post
    ok
    He's being sarcastic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    And if klay thompson was a year older so Jackson and everybody would know what he could do in September.

And if Monta Ellis, David Lee and Steph Curry played up to their potentials last season,

Then I can't see a reason why they wouldnt have contended for the 8th seed last year over Utah.

Mark Jackson probably thought they would be better. Many of us did.

But that's no excuse for a guarantee before seeing your team. I don't think he'll do that again for a while.

Curry played well in the games he did play in. Lee was just as consistent last year, and Ellis was going to be bad, only a blind monk couldn't see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Curry played well in the games he did play in. Lee was just as consistent last year, and Ellis was going to be bad, only a blind monk couldn't see that.
    Lee has always been a consistent player.... hes a threat for a double double almost every night he is out there.... the last 3 or 4 weeks he has stepped it up another notch though. hes been more efficient. His fg% over the last 3 weeks is ridiculous considering how much of the offense is going through him. when his shot is as consistent as its been lately- hes pretty close to being unguardable by most 4s in the league.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iFYouSeekAmy View Post
    Kent Basedmore deserves the most credit for the turnaround

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    well, looks like the warriors are going to lose a back to back this time around and then go on a 10 game losing splitz. They could be 22 and 17 pretty soon with their tough schedule ahead, and then lose a bunch more from there and be out of serious playoff contention. This will prove them to be a 'flash in the pan' and they might flash in the pan for a bit but it looks like the Warriors will end up ultimately having a losing season for the most part.

vCash
    smh

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast