Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cleaves was very good in college no doubt.

But I was comparing the two becausee cleaves was the ultimate team guy and cheerleader during that amazing Sacramento run

she says go for the championship

vCash
    so thats draymond?

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    The depth of the team is the reason they're 17-8. While Jackson and the players deserve credit for getting it done, I'm giving the nod to Bob Myers for getting this group together.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    so thats draymond?
    No bazemore. Remember cleaves never got in but he was a vital member of that team

vCash
    Who do I think is responsible for this incredible start of the season?

1) Bob Myers. He clearly had a plan and a big picture. He knew certain things wouldn't work (like the Curry/Ellis backcourt) and he found a way to fix it by drafting Klay Thompson and trading Ellis. He also drafted 3 very nice players in Barnes, Ezeli and Green. And the signing of Jack and Landry can't be overlooked either. The only thing he's done wrong is the handling of Bogut's injury, but thats more PR related than it is basketball.

2) Monta Ellis or lack of

They've added 3 rookies into the mix while not having the guy they traded Ellis for (Bogut) playing. No one would of thunk they'd be 17-9 after 26 games. The biggest thing I've noticed is that this has become a team. That ball zips around from player to player making defenses run around. Its no longer 4 players on the court watching 1 player dribble the ball for 15 seconds just to shoot the ball. It becomes a structured inside/outside offense. The defense also becomes much better without Ellis. They no longer gamble for steals and they play straight up tough D. They're 25th in the league in steals at this point. I visited the Bucks forum just to see what they thought of Ellis and plenty of Bucks' fans want to trade him out of Milwaukee already.

3) Landry and Jack also provides a huge boosts for the bench. Able to be starters on plenty of teams, they chose to come here knowing they'd be a 6th and 7th man. They've accepted their roles and this team is better because of it.

4) Everything above makes Jackson a better coach. He doesn't feel the need to cater to one player, but to a team. I'm still not sold on him as an NBA head coach just yet, but this is a turn into a direction where he can make me a believer.

vCash
    How are you not sold yet that he's at worst just an NBA coach?

He clearly knows what he's doing considering he's only coached for two years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    How are you not sold yet that he's at worst just an NBA coach?

He clearly knows what he's doing considering he's only coached for two years
    Every coach has good and bad moments. Eric Musselman had some great moments, but he wasn't an NBA head coach. Where is he now? An assitant at Arizona State. I'm just saying its still too early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Every coach has good and bad moments. Eric Musselman had some great moments, but he wasn't an NBA head coach. Where is he now? An assitant at Arizona State. I'm just saying its still too early.
    I see.

But this is exactly my point about Jackson. People were complaining about Jackson having no coaching experience, and wanting Malone to fill in..

Now we're off to the hottest start in a very very long time

Musselman, carlesimo, Michael curry, etc. etc. there are a lot of former assistants ie musselman who have tried and failed.

Quite frankly assistants fail all the time.

Having coaching experience is not always the indicator of whether a guy is a head coach or not.

Jackson has been taught the game of basketball by some of the greatest ever, and he himself is a genius at the sport.

Bird
    Riley
    Van Gundy
    Pitino

And so on...

sometimes people are born to do one thing or another despite having experience when they first try. Imo This is one of those cases.

vCash
    so when mark jackson isnt winning a lot of games its because he doesnt have the right talent to win games. when mark jackson is winning a lot of games after the front office loads the team with depth and steph curry comes back healthy- its because mark jackson is a genious. I think ive figured it out.... when he loses....lets come up with an excuse, if he wins- hes the man!!.... Ya gotta love that accountability
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    He's a genius because he's 3rd leading assist man in NBA history.

Has been a nationally televised broadcaster and is loved by millions

Has been a mentor for MANY NBA players

Was unbelievably smart in every aspect of the game

Everybody in the NBA sphere respects him

Look what he's done in his 2nd year as a head coach

vCash
    He's a genius because he's 3rd leading assist man in NBA history.

Has been a nationally televised broadcaster and is loved by millions

Has been a mentor for MANY NBA players

Was unbelievably smart in every aspect of the game

Everybody in the NBA sphere respects him

Look what he's done in his 2nd year as a head coach

I thought he was kind of annoying as a broadcaster. I stopped respecting him when he was trying to convince people that derek fisher is a "very good defensive player" I think his NY background has a lot of the national media giving him props.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I thought he was kind of annoying as a broadcaster. I stopped respecting him when he was trying to convince people that derek fisher is a "very good defensive player" I think his NY background has a lot of the national media giving him props.
    Well I have league pass so I hear a lot of other local broadcasters and each and every one of them love mark jackson and give him props.

Why? Because he's doing something most people can only dream about and most of them probably have.

And they also know him as a player, and everybody that's worked with this guy says that his personality exudes head coach. And always has...

I loved him as a broadcaster, which is one of the reasons why I loved that he was coming to the warriors.

A lot of people like him as a broadcaster and some don't. I've definitiely noticed that

vCash
    Well I have league pass so I hear a lot of other local broadcasters and each and every one of them love mark jackson and give him props.

Why? Because he's doing something most people can only dream about and most of them probably have.

And they also know him as a player, and everybody that's worked with this guy says that his personality exudes head coach. And always has...

I loved him as a broadcaster, which is one of the reasons why I loved that he was coming to the warriors.
    A lot of people like him as a broadcaster and some don't. I've definitiely noticed that
    ahh see right there the bolded- I dont exactly think that way. Even if I did love him as a broadcaster (which I didnt).... I wouldnt make the connection between that and him being able to get wins for my team. I was however hoping that his reputation would get the warriors some more calls from the officiating, and would get the team some more exposure on the national level.

I do think he has a strong personality.... but hes one of those guys that promises the world but when it gets down to it... hes all talk. That still has value when you are selling yourself though. He is probably a really good interview...... Im just a tuffer sell than you I suppose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    ahh see right there the bolded- I dont exactly think that way. Even if I did love him as a broadcaster (which I didnt).... I wouldnt make the connection between that and him being able to get wins for my team. I was however hoping that his reputation would get the warriors some more calls from the officiating, and would get the team some more exposure on the national level.

I do think he has a strong personality.... but hes one of those guys that promises the world but when it gets down to it... hes all talk. That still has value when you are selling yourself though. He is probably a really good interview...... Im just a tuffer sell than you I suppose.
    I think he's for real. I don't think he's all talk. He's a NY legend and a future HOF.

You can't be all talk with those credentials.

And I listened to mark Jackson a lot when he was a broadcaster, and though he sometimes talks in soliloquys.

And is very expressive and entertaining during broadcasts along with van Gundy, I always noted the fact that "this guy would be a great coach",

And I was enamored when I read that Lacob thought the exact same thing....

vCash
    I just dont know what the difference in the record would have been if they had the same roster last yr and keith smart coached the team instead of jackson. I think the record would have been similer. I cant really think of any win last yr that I would credit to coach jackson. Infact- they seemed to lose a ton of close games... which IMO meant they had the talent to stay in the games, but didnt have the coaching to figure out how to win int he last 2 or 3 minutes.

THis year- they seem to be winning more of the close games though. I dont know if mark jackson has improved at his late game X's and O's or if carl landry, jarrett jack and steph curry are better at executing than jenkins, mcguire and chris wright. id have to say that since mark jackson is a constant- he has little if anything to do with the difference this year.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast