Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yeah would be a smart buy low, but I'd like to see him have a great full season first before jumping the gun.
    The Mets were smart signing Niese when they did.

I think they should attempt the same with Ike Davis after this season. If he gets better with lefties, then we should sign him ASAP. If not, then we'll have to wait and see what options present themselves to us.

If by 2014, or better said, 2015, we can realistically get bats in the OF, then I can live with Ike Davis at first base hitting 30 HRs a year but struggling against lefties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    I think they should attempt the same with Ike Davis after this season. If he gets better with lefties, then we should sign him ASAP. If not, then we'll have to wait and see what options present themselves to us.
    If he gets better with lefties he will probably command a 6 figure contract. I'm talking about the Ike of 2011 who hit lefties pretty well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    If he gets better with lefties he will probably command a 6 figure contract. I'm talking about the Ike of 2011 who hit lefties pretty well.
    Ike of 2011 sucked against lefties. He was only good in 2010, but that was an aberration.

vCash
    He batted .265 with 27 HR, 71 RBI, 20 doubles, and 41 walks from June 9 on last year, while being a plus-defensive player. His WAR was 3.5 as a rookie, 1.4 the next season in only 36 games, and 1.6 last year after having the worst first 2 months a full time starter can have.

I think every Mets fan and front office member would be ecstatic to get Ike for 5 and 35. It’s just unrealistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    He batted .265 with 27 HR, 71 RBI, 20 doubles, and 41 walks from June 9 on last year, while being a plus-defensive player. His WAR was 3.5 as a rookie, 1.4 the next season in only 36 games, and 1.6 last year after having the worst first 2 months a full time starter can have.

I think every Mets fan and front office member would be ecstatic to get Ike for 5 and 35. Itís just unrealistic.
    Ike didn't have a great season, as it was a tale of two halves. Plenty of young players in this day and age get extended for below market value(even franchise guys like Upton, Starlin, and Asdrubal Cabrera to name a few). Ike's agent isn't Boras and he has barely made 2 mil since he's been drafted, he'd take the guaranteed money.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    The Mets won't get anything like the affordable contract Niese got. It will more like the contract that paid $20 million for 2012 season of Lincecum. In this FA market, he would have gotten $15 million/year perhaps more .

It would be interesting to see whether Mets will keep Flores as insurance having topay IKE megabucks. The projection of Flores being 20-25 HCRC hitter wasa made when Flores weighed 175 lbs. He now weighs 195 and still is skinny which means he can useful weight. He;s gained about 10 lbs of muscle in each of the last 3 seasons. He's power projection will increase with weight for some time to come.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12