Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Now Is The Time To Extend Ike

Forgot the lefty splits, look at the fact that over the last 3 years, he has shown to have a consistent walk rate while showing consistent power. His BABIP was low this year due to Valley Fever and he still posted great numbers the last 2-3 months of the season, and had very good HR and SLG numbers. According to Fangraphs, he's poised to post .354 OBP/30 HR's/.500 SLG in 2013. We can easily extend him for 5 yrs/30 mil(3 mil in 2013; 4 mil in 2014, 5 mil in 2015, 8 mil in 2016, 10 mil in 2017), given that's he only made 2-3 mil in his pro career. Sure Ike is 3 years away from FA, but he'll likely make 6+ mil in arbitration for 2014 and 2015, and it'd be wise to lock up players for below market value given this team's finances.

I'd throw in extending Tejada too, given how much short-stops get paid, maybe Murphy too.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    I agree, especially since he's coming off a technical poor year, but obviously finished strong and has veyr high potential. His only real problem is lefties. Right now, he just can not hit them. If he can improve in that area, he can be great.

Tejada on the other hand still has some time left.

You don't sign ALL of your young guys, since there's still a chance they don't pan out. Then instead of paying them 500K a year, it's 6 million a year.

vCash
    Yeah would be a smart buy low, but I'd like to see him have a great full season first before jumping the gun.

vCash
    5 years, 60 mil for Ike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    I agree also. Shockingly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    5 years, 60 mil for Ike.
    No way too much. 5/35-45MM is more reasonable

vCash
    even though it is tough to lose a fan favorite like Dickey, the value you guys got was incredible. Congratulations

Also, the Mets should absolutely extend Ike id say 5/40
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Lets wait until we're deep into the season and see what we got first. Ike made me uncomfortable last year. Quite possibly there was some truth in his not working hard enough. Night life and lack of committment sank more then a few ball players. Lets give him to August to see who we have before we call him Albert Pujols II.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Agree. And I think sandy will do it, hell wait till the season starts and if we plays even decently I think it will happen.

Did the same thing with niese and it was the perfect decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    5 years, 60 mil for Ike.
    Let's just step back a bit and think that offer through a little more.

vCash
    If he asked for a 5/30 right now I would agree we should sign him. It locks him up right away and if he does not pan out, the contract isn't so big that we can't trade him. But on the other hand, if he's a complete bust from here on out, we just blew 30 million

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Lets wait until we're deep into the season and see what we got first. Ike made me uncomfortable last year. Quite possibly there was some truth in his not working hard enough. Night life and lack of committment sank more then a few ball players. Lets give him to August to see who we have before we call him Albert Pujols II.
    Myself and others don't expect Ike to be Pujols(or even prime Tex or Prince), however it's very reasonable for Ike to be a perennial .330 OBP/25 HR/.470 SLG player w/ solid fielding. Last year, he was coming off an injury and Valley Fever. The first couple of months in 2012, he was constantly blinking at the plate and looked lost. Despite that, he still drew walks and showcased his power. While the night life story was the Wilpons' way of shaming him(see Wright a few weeks ago; Dickey, and Reyes in '11) and possibly trading him to the Red Sox, Ike is straight.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    extending him now makes all the sense in the world. valley fever took out his first half and yet he still finished with 32 hrs, thats crazy. 5yrs 30 to 35 mill. if he wants 6 yrs good.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    I hope Ike pans out. I'm a huge fan of his, but the point being he must show us consistency first. So far we haven't seen that. Wait til August and then break out the discussion on a contract. What happens if he starts exactly like last year?

Ike claims he is in the best shape of his life, let the major league season be his proving ground. I think we're a little ahead of the results.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    I hope Ike pans out. I'm a huge fan of his, but the point being he must show us consistency first. So far we haven't seen that. Wait til August and then break out the discussion on a contract. What happens if he starts exactly like last year?

Ike claims he is in the best shape of his life, let the major league season be his proving ground. I think we're a little ahead of the results.

he started last yr bad cuz he was suffering from valley fever. but i do get ur point.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast