Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 70
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,640
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I just noticed your sig says "Zen Master"

    That can easily translate to Z Master. Coincidence? I think not.
    If your posts are any indication, you rarely do.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    12,711
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    If your posts are any indication, you rarely do.


    Damn pops. Cut me some slack.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    3,963
    vCash
    1500
    Santana threw a no-hitter!!! He'll be our no. 1 starter. But next year we will have to look for another lefty to replace Santana when he walks.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    160
    vCash
    1500
    Santana is the ace and best pitcher...I expect him to repeat the first half of last year in 2013. Santana pitched very very well in the 1st half...I would think they would trade him at mid season for a missing 2014 piece.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,640
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post


    Damn pops. Cut me some slack.
    Sorry son. Couldn't resist.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,845
    vCash
    1500
    Santana needs to get the most starts possible to increase his trade value. If he has a miraculous CY young first half then maybe we can get a prospect back from a contending team. Highly unlikely though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Santana needs to get the most starts possible to increase his trade value. If he has a miraculous CY young first half then maybe we can get a prospect back from a contending team. Highly unlikely though.
    If he has a miraculous first half, I'd prefer it if the Mets were somehow pushing for a WC spot. That's what was happening this year, and certainly wouldn't be out of the question this year considering we had a CY pitcher at the helm every 5th day.

    I think it's reasonable to expect 20-24 starts with a 3.5-4.1 ERA from Santana this year and anything else is gravy. He'll be the opening day starter for name value alone, though.

    So, FOC, with the Church of Dickey no more...are we going to get the "Cult of Cowgill" started this year? Maybe the "Bang for your Buck Brothel"? How about the "Mejia World Peace Treaties", or the "Disciples of d'Arnaud"?

    www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,157
    vCash
    1500

    Are you ok?

    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    FoC abstains.

    Courteously.
    I realize its been a terrible week for ya with the trading of our savior. But I would like to say Merry Christmas or what you celebrate for leading the congregation thru the mine field of a typical Mets season.

    Remember the good that was had this year; Santana's no-hitter, RA's 20 wins, and what ever light that can be shed upon this 2012 season and beyond. If that don't work, pour yourself a drink and say cheers, because you are not alone.

    Happy Holidays FoC!
    " You seek Yoda!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,489
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Johan, Harvey, Niese, Gee, Mejia

    Breaks up the lefties if that matters.
    I think that rotation is spot on.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,845
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post
    If he has a miraculous first half, I'd prefer it if the Mets were somehow pushing for a WC spot. That's what was happening this year, and certainly wouldn't be out of the question this year considering we had a CY pitcher at the helm every 5th day.

    I think it's reasonable to expect 20-24 starts with a 3.5-4.1 ERA from Santana this year and anything else is gravy. He'll be the opening day starter for name value alone, though.

    So, FOC, with the Church of Dickey no more...are we going to get the "Cult of Cowgill" started this year? Maybe the "Bang for your Buck Brothel"? How about the "Mejia World Peace Treaties", or the "Disciples of d'Arnaud"?
    I think that unless several guys on the Mets (Ike, Tejada, Harvey, Niese, Murphy) are having career years by the trade deadline, I would deal Santana even if the Mets were making a playoff push.

    A lot can happen from mid July to the end of September and I'd rather play things safe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,640
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    I realize its been a terrible week for ya with the trading of our savior. But I would like to say Merry Christmas or what you celebrate for leading the congregation thru the mine field of a typical Mets season.

    Remember the good that was had this year; Santana's no-hitter, RA's 20 wins, and what ever light that can be shed upon this 2012 season and beyond. If that don't work, pour yourself a drink and say cheers, because you are not alone.

    Happy Holidays FoC!
    Thank you TRC. Merry Christmas always works even though my family celebrates Hanukkah and I don't buy into any of the events that allegedly formed either holiday.

    And if you wanna say "Happy Holidays," that works too.

    Tough times indeed. At this point, i just want to sit back and watch rather than try to anticipate which players we'll be picking up or even anticipate who will do what.

    Until I see what these guys look like, I'm not so quick to buy into the idea that 2 or 3 years down the line we'll be any better than we are today.

    The only thing we know for sure is we lost our best pitcher from 2012 just like we lost our best hitter from 2011. If this is a turn in the right direction, it sure is a funny way to go about it.

    But as the Zen Master says....
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,390
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Thank you TRC. Merry Christmas always works even though my family celebrates Hanukkah and I don't buy into any of the events that allegedly formed either holiday.

    And if you wanna say "Happy Holidays," that works too.

    Tough times indeed. At this point, i just want to sit back and watch rather than try to anticipate which players we'll be picking up or even anticipate who will do what.

    Until I see what these guys look like, I'm not so quick to buy into the idea that 2 or 3 years down the line we'll be any better than we are today.

    The only thing we know for sure is we lost our best pitcher from 2012 just like we lost our best hitter from 2011. If this is a turn in the right direction, it sure is a funny way to go about it.

    But as the Zen Master says....
    So, are you happy with the deal or not?

    I will miss Dickey as well, and I will even follow him next year as a Blue Jay (I usually don't do that for non-Mets, but Dickey is just so fascinating). I will continue to be a Dickey fan...independent from being a Mets fan. I have become that much a fan of his and would be happy to see him win a World Series if the Mets don't. Dickey is awesome, and I still love him.

    However, we had to make this trade...whether it works out for us or not. We had to do it, and we got great value for him in return. Prospects are just prospects...there is no guarantee.

    Having said that, the prospects we got are pretty damn good. It is pretty likely that Wheeler and d'Arnaud will be legit, just as Harvey will probably be legit. Just how good they will be is up for interpretation, but these are not simply "high upside" prospects. These are guys who have dominated almost every level of the minor leagues and are undoubtedly ready to make an impact. Even though prospects are never a sure thing, these guys are as sure handed as prospects can get (not named Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Mike Stanton, etc.).

    As for Syndergaard...he is far away. I won't count my chickens before they hatch with him, but as a 2nd asset in the Dickey trade, we got a high upside young pitcher whose minor league domination is quite impressive so far. It will be fun to follow him and see if he can follow the path of Harvey and Wheeler...and continue to move up the top 100 prospects list.

    This may be an unnecessarily long post (maybe too long, but I have to get this off my chest...this isn't directed to just you but others in this forum).

    I am happy with the direction of this team. I believe in what Sandy Alderson is building. I will say that I hope that the Mets eventually use Free Agency as a way of helping to build this team into a winner and I am mixed on my faith of this team spending the necessary money, but I believe in the approach that has taken place so far.

    I have strong positive feelings for this team when I think about the following names: David Wright, Ike Davis, Ruben Tejada, Jon Niese, Matt Harvey, Zach Wheeler, Travis d'Arnaud, Noah Syndergaard, and hell even Bobby Parnell and yes, Daniel Murphy too (I'm a Murphy fan and believer, what can I say...sorry Youngstuna).

    I love the potential of this talented and promising young core of players, and I don't think I'm just sipping on the Koolaid. I think something very real is brewing, and I like the approach.

    Do I know what the future holds? Hells no.

    Is there more work to do? Of course.

    But, the question is...do I like the direction we are finally moving in? Yes.

    Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays altogether.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,640
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    So, are you happy with the deal or not?

    I will miss Dickey as well, and I will even follow him next year as a Blue Jay (I usually don't do that for non-Mets, but Dickey is just so fascinating). I will continue to be a Dickey fan...independent from being a Mets fan. I have become that much a fan of his and would be happy to see him win a World Series if the Mets don't. Dickey is awesome, and I still love him.

    However, we had to make this trade...whether it works out for us or not. We had to do it, and we got great value for him in return. Prospects are just prospects...there is no guarantee.

    Having said that, the prospects we got are pretty damn good. It is pretty likely that Wheeler and d'Arnaud will be legit, just as Harvey will probably be legit. Just how good they will be is up for interpretation, but these are not simply "high upside" prospects. These are guys who have dominated almost every level of the minor leagues and are undoubtedly ready to make an impact. Even though prospects are never a sure thing, these guys are as sure handed as prospects can get (not named Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Mike Stanton, etc.).

    As for Syndergaard...he is far away. I won't count my chickens before they hatch with him, but as a 2nd asset in the Dickey trade, we got a high upside young pitcher whose minor league domination is quite impressive so far. It will be fun to follow him and see if he can follow the path of Harvey and Wheeler...and continue to move up the top 100 prospects list.

    This may be an unnecessarily long post (maybe too long, but I have to get this off my chest...this isn't directed to just you but others in this forum).

    I am happy with the direction of this team. I believe in what Sandy Alderson is building. I will say that I hope that the Mets eventually use Free Agency as a way of helping to build this team into a winner and I am mixed on my faith of this team spending the necessary money, but I believe in the approach that has taken place so far.

    I have strong positive feelings for this team when I think about the following names: David Wright, Ike Davis, Ruben Tejada, Jon Niese, Matt Harvey, Zach Wheeler, Travis d'Arnaud, Noah Syndergaard, and hell even Bobby Parnell and yes, Daniel Murphy too (I'm a Murphy fan and believer, what can I say...sorry Youngstuna).

    I love the potential of this talented and promising young core of players, and I don't think I'm just sipping on the Koolaid. I think something very real is brewing, and I like the approach.

    Do I know what the future holds? Hells no.

    Is there more work to do? Of course.

    But, the question is...do I like the direction we are finally moving in? Yes.

    Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays altogether.
    I agree with much of what you said. The trade went a long way to fill a gaping hole. Catchers are generally tough to come by, let alone someone with d'Arnaud's reputation. Within a year, we could have turned a gaping hole into a strength. Those are the kinds of moves that turn teams around.

    That said, I'm still not sold on the direction this team is going. Ok, so they swapped RA Dickey for the future. Not a bad thing, considering we weren't going to do much in '13 and probably '14 either.

    But where was the sense of letting someone like Scott Hairston go? Shouldn't the idea be to build on your strengths, not replace them. And let's take another step back:

    Imagine if Jose Reyes who signed for a very reasonable $108 million were still a Met?

    See, what is happening here isn't so much building a foundation for a perennial winner in the near future. What's happening is they're putting together a team on the cheap, with the obvious exception of David Wright.

    If Ike Davis turns out to be the real deal and gets to the point in a few years where he will command a big salary, do we trade him off too?

    Are we going to be a small market team with a revolving door or are we going to hold on to our stars even after they can command free agent money?

    Bringing in guys like d'Arnaud is the first part of the equation. I agree with you , it was a nice pickup. But will they do what it takes to add on and eventually put the team over the top?

    Or will they tease us with nice prospects as the established, productive veterans parade out the door?

    That's my concern. In a vacuum, sure, the Dickey for d'Arnaud trade was a good one and it made a lot of sense. But I remain skeptical about what will happen next.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,219
    vCash
    1500
    If TDA becomes an above average catcher and Syndergaard becomes a pen arm, I'll still be happy.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,845
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    If TDA becomes an above average catcher and Syndergaard becomes a pen arm, I'll still be happy.
    Syndergaard's floor is probably something like Bobby Parnell, barring injuries of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •