Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who has the better game in the battle of the former Rockets?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scola...........................(j/k) Dragic

3 100.00%
  • Brooks

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Game 25: Sacramento Kings @ Phoenix Suns, Monday, 12/17/2012 7:00 PM MST / 9 EST

.. @

(7-16)_______@_______(9-15)

Time:7:00 PM MST / 9:00 PM ET
    [B]Channel:Check Local Listings

Projected Starting Lineups

Aaron Brooks - Tyreke Evans - John Salmons - Jason Thompson - DeMarcus Cousins

Goran Dragic - Shannon Brown - Jared Dudley - Luis Scola - Marcin Gortat

Preview:

The Phoenix Suns won all three meetings versus the Sacramento Kings last season despite being unable to contain DeMarcus Cousins.

Cousins has excelled against the Suns throughout his career, something he'll hope to continue as the visiting Kings try to end a four-game slide Monday night.

This is the first meeting in 2012-13 between the worst teams in the Pacific Division, with Phoenix (9-15) taking all three from Sacramento (7-16) last season. The Suns, of course, had Steve Nash for those contests.

Cousins, meanwhile, averaged 27.7 points and 11.7 boards in those defeats. His scoring average of 22.8 points against the Suns is his best against any opponent, and he's shooting 51.0 percent versus Phoenix -- one of three teams he has made at least half his shots against.

Suns center Marcin Gortat will likely be tasked with trying to slow down Cousins. Gortat averaged 16.3 points on 64.5 percent shooting last season against Sacramento.

Teammate Jared Dudley also averaged 16.3 points in those contests, shooting 59.4 percent.

Dudley is averaging 15.0 points since rejoining the starting lineup Dec. 8 against the Clippers. He scored a season-high 22 in Friday's 99-84 home victory over Utah.

"I'm a glue guy where I gotta fit in with guys, where guys are unselfish, playing the game, we're moving the ball," Dudley said. "That's happening now, we're in a good rhythm."

Goran Dragic scored 17 and Gortat added 12 and 14 rebounds for Phoenix, which has posted consecutive wins since a season-high seven-game slide.

"We play well against good teams and we demonstrated this in the last two games," Dragic said. "If we can defend well and rebound then we can run."

Sacramento has lost every game during its skid by double digits, falling by an average of 17.7 points. The Kings fell behind by 14 points inside 10 minutes and trailed by as many as 34 in Sunday's 122-97 home defeat to Denver.

"The game was decided very early in this basketball game," coach Keith Smart said.

Starting guard Tyreke Evans played the first 10 minutes, then left for good with a sore left knee. He missed five of the previous eight games because of his injured knee.

"You want to have all your pieces you practice with. We know Tyreke is going through some issues with his knees and we hope to get him back," guard Aaron Brooks said. "But we have to play a little harder. Right now I think we are slow on everything."

Isaiah Thomas led the Kings with 20 points and Cousins added 19 and 11 boards. Sacramento played its third straight game without Marcus Thornton, who left the team to be with his sick mother in Louisiana.

Brooks will return to Phoenix for the first time since he played 25 games for the Suns last season after coming over in the trade that sent Dragic to Houston. Dragic signed with the Suns as a free agent before this season.

Sacramento is 1-9 on the road, and has lost 11 of its last 12 trips to Phoenix.

Source: ESPN

vCash
    We have a real shot to win 4 straight with the Kings and Charlotte coming in. Getting a lil ancy. I want to win but I don't want to flounder to a late lotto pick again.
    I believe we're around the 8th pick currently.

vCash
    for some reason (Cousins perhaps?) the Suns have always had trouble with my hometown Kings, PHX lost the last two times i watched them live, maybe i'm jinxed lol, so I'm 50-50 on this one.

vCash
    Terrible shooting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    We have a real shot to win 4 straight with the Kings and Charlotte coming in. Getting a lil ancy. I want to win but I don't want to flounder to a late lotto pick again.
    I believe we're around the 8th pick currently.
    Both "must lose" games

vCash
    We shoukd trade for Evans and Jimmer .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    We shoukd trade for Evans and Jimmer .
    Evans is a team cancer. Extremely talented, but he'll never be a winner in the NBA.

vCash
    Great, we're winning...

vCash
    Half of me is upset we came back. I want this team to make up its mind.

vCash
    close game

vCash
    good win, and aside from that, Dudley and Gortat both have increased their trade value. 8-)

vCash
    It's the Suns. Even without Nash we're still too good to suck. So frustrating.

vCash
    i really like Scola's game, not athletic, probably jumps about 3 inches of the ground, but very crafty inside. i can't remember any player in recent history that has the same moves inside as Scola

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    It's the Suns. Even without Nash we're still too good to suck. So frustrating.
    we suck at sucking!

vCash
    juat look at it this way -- we have been given the gift of 'Zero Heartache', if we win -- "Great! a win!" and if we lose -- "yay! one more step towards a good pick!". best of both worlds brah!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast