Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

David Lee Named Western Conference Player of the Week

Warriors forward David Lee has been named the NBA Western Conference Player of the Week for games played Monday, December 10, through Sunday, December 16, the NBA announced today.

In four games last week, Lee averaged 22.8 points, 12.5 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.00 steal, while shooting 60.6% (40-66 FG) from the field, leading the Warriors to a 3-1 record to help complete a season-long, seven-game road trip with a franchise record 6-1 mark.

The 6-9 forward registered at least 20 points and 10 rebounds in all four games, as he did in all seven games of the road trip.

Lee is the first NBA player to post such numbers since 1972 when Kareem Abdul-Jabbar did so in each of a nine-game road trip.

The award is the second such honor in Lee’s career, previously earning the Eastern Conference accolade on February 1, 2009, as a member of the New York Knicks. It is the 29th time a Warriors player has been named Player of the Week since the NBA began giving out the award in 1979 and the first since Monta Ellis on March 12, 2012.

In 24 games this season, the seven-year veteran is averaging 19.2 points (13th in NBA), 11.5 rebounds (5th), 3.4 assists and 1.00 steal, while shooting 52.3% from the field (19th). He also ranks second in the league in double-doubles (16) and has posted ten 20-point/10-rebound games, matching LeBron James for most in the NBA this season.

Lee is currently the only player in the NBA averaging at least 19 points, 11 rebounds and three assists, something only Wilt Chamberlain, Nate Thurmond, Neil Johnston and Jerry Lucas have done in franchise history.

Indiana’s Paul George earned Player of the Week honors in the Eastern Conference.
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/basketball...ek-leads-honor
    Last edited by Monta is beast; 12-17-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    It sucks he still won't be in the All-Star game :[

vCash

David Lee Named Western Conference Player of the Week

vCash
    Maybe it will help him get love come vote time

vCash
    See? Best player on this team.

vCash
    Lee has been huge for us and for once is starting to live up the his contract. Glad he's coming into his own and were winning

THE REAL FRANCHISE WARRIORS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    See? Best player on this team.
    Didn't you say
    Bogut
    lee
    curry

she says go for the championship

vCash
    David Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayareaboy View Post
    Lee has been huge for us and for once is starting to live up the his contract. Glad he's coming into his own and were winning
    For once? Starting?

Lee lived up to his contract from the moment he's gotten here

he's been nothing but a huge plus for the young guys, a consistent offensive threat, and an all around good guy

He's the kind of guy franchsises should build around. High character guy,

with immense talent. Imo there are far worse contracts out there, david lees been good every year, despite our roster deficiencies
    Last edited by COOLbeans; 12-17-2012 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    Curry's the best player on the team right now. And when healthy Bogut is second, do the math.

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Maybe it will help him get love come vote time
    votes only really determine the starters, the reserves are all picked by coaches.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Good for him... well deserved.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    finally some recognition for the stat padder

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Well deserved props for my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    For once? Starting?

Lee lived up to his contract from the moment he's gotten here

he's been nothing but a huge plus for the young guys, a consistent offensive threat, and an all around good guy

He's the kind of guy franchsises should build around. High character guy,

with immense talent. Imo there are far worse contracts out there, david lees been good every year, despite our roster deficiencies
    Whoa buddy ur taking that the wrong way. I'm a huge lee fan when he hit free agency he was the main guy I wanted the warriors to sign I was juiced when they did. But I never liked his contract yes there's way worse but he's contract was so big for the team that was already n some big contracts and those other contracts hurt.

Besides Ellis, lee was my favorite player I felt he was really under rated and under appreciated. Now the team is winning and he's getting notices I love it. But u can't deny that even though his stats are similar to previous season that he's not playing on another level right now. He's more consistent he's playing smarter when he fouls he fouls harder. I love the way he's playing

THE REAL FRANCHISE WARRIORS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast