Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    15,106
    vCash
    1500

    David Lee Named Western Conference Player of the Week

    Warriors forward David Lee has been named the NBA Western Conference Player of the Week for games played Monday, December 10, through Sunday, December 16, the NBA announced today.

    In four games last week, Lee averaged 22.8 points, 12.5 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.00 steal, while shooting 60.6% (40-66 FG) from the field, leading the Warriors to a 3-1 record to help complete a season-long, seven-game road trip with a franchise record 6-1 mark.

    The 6-9 forward registered at least 20 points and 10 rebounds in all four games, as he did in all seven games of the road trip.

    Lee is the first NBA player to post such numbers since 1972 when Kareem Abdul-Jabbar did so in each of a nine-game road trip.

    The award is the second such honor in Lee’s career, previously earning the Eastern Conference accolade on February 1, 2009, as a member of the New York Knicks. It is the 29th time a Warriors player has been named Player of the Week since the NBA began giving out the award in 1979 and the first since Monta Ellis on March 12, 2012.

    In 24 games this season, the seven-year veteran is averaging 19.2 points (13th in NBA), 11.5 rebounds (5th), 3.4 assists and 1.00 steal, while shooting 52.3% from the field (19th). He also ranks second in the league in double-doubles (16) and has posted ten 20-point/10-rebound games, matching LeBron James for most in the NBA this season.

    Lee is currently the only player in the NBA averaging at least 19 points, 11 rebounds and three assists, something only Wilt Chamberlain, Nate Thurmond, Neil Johnston and Jerry Lucas have done in franchise history.

    Indiana’s Paul George earned Player of the Week honors in the Eastern Conference.
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/basketball...ek-leads-honor
    Last edited by Monta is beast; 12-17-2012 at 04:10 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Redway (HC)
    Posts
    1,452
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    It sucks he still won't be in the All-Star game :[

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    5,404
    vCash
    1500

    David Lee Named Western Conference Player of the Week


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    8,864
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe it will help him get love come vote time

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Maybe it will help him get love come vote time
    votes only really determine the starters, the reserves are all picked by coaches.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,429
    vCash
    500
    See? Best player on this team.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    8,918
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    See? Best player on this team.
    Didn't you say
    Bogut
    lee
    curry



    she says go for the championship

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,429
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Didn't you say
    Bogut
    lee
    curry
    No. I said Lee, Bogut, Curry.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vallejo
    Posts
    2,192
    vCash
    1500
    Lee has been huge for us and for once is starting to live up the his contract. Glad he's coming into his own and were winning


    THE REAL FRANCHISE WARRIORS!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    8,918
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayareaboy View Post
    Lee has been huge for us and for once is starting to live up the his contract. Glad he's coming into his own and were winning
    For once? Starting?

    Lee lived up to his contract from the moment he's gotten here

    he's been nothing but a huge plus for the young guys, a consistent offensive threat, and an all around good guy

    He's the kind of guy franchsises should build around. High character guy,

    with immense talent. Imo there are far worse contracts out there, david lees been good every year, despite our roster deficiencies
    Last edited by COOLbeans; 12-17-2012 at 06:29 PM.



    she says go for the championship

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vallejo
    Posts
    2,192
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    For once? Starting?

    Lee lived up to his contract from the moment he's gotten here

    he's been nothing but a huge plus for the young guys, a consistent offensive threat, and an all around good guy

    He's the kind of guy franchsises should build around. High character guy,

    with immense talent. Imo there are far worse contracts out there, david lees been good every year, despite our roster deficiencies
    Whoa buddy ur taking that the wrong way. I'm a huge lee fan when he hit free agency he was the main guy I wanted the warriors to sign I was juiced when they did. But I never liked his contract yes there's way worse but he's contract was so big for the team that was already n some big contracts and those other contracts hurt.

    Besides Ellis, lee was my favorite player I felt he was really under rated and under appreciated. Now the team is winning and he's getting notices I love it. But u can't deny that even though his stats are similar to previous season that he's not playing on another level right now. He's more consistent he's playing smarter when he fouls he fouls harder. I love the way he's playing


    THE REAL FRANCHISE WARRIORS!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    8,918
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayareaboy View Post
    Whoa buddy ur taking that the wrong way. I'm a huge lee fan when he hit free agency he was the main guy I wanted the warriors to sign I was juiced when they did. But I never liked his contract yes there's way worse but he's contract was so big for the team that was already n some big contracts and those other contracts hurt.

    Besides Ellis, lee was my favorite player I felt he was really under rated and under appreciated. Now the team is winning and he's getting notices I love it. But u can't deny that even though his stats are similar to previous season that he's not playing on another level right now. He's more consistent he's playing smarter when he fouls he fouls harder. I love the way he's playing
    He's playing on another level no doubt. And I wish Lacob and Guber were paying him less.

    But for reasons I don't know. Its not my money. And Lacob agreed to the deal. Its working out, like most of us thought,

    2 or 3 years, new coach, new curry ankles, new roster.

    Lees the cherry on top and he's worth 13-15 million considering he's a top PF in the league.

    I can't think of anyone we could've gotten or anyone we could've paid,

    if we had just paid David Lee a couple million dollars less per year?



    she says go for the championship

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vallejo
    Posts
    2,192
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    He's playing on another level no doubt. And I wish Lacob and Guber were paying him less.

    But for reasons I don't know. Its not my money. And Lacob agreed to the deal. Its working out, like most of us thought,

    2 or 3 years, new coach, new curry ankles, new roster.

    Lees the cherry on top and he's worth 13-15 million considering he's a top PF in the league.

    I can't think of anyone we could've gotten or anyone we could've paid,

    if we had just paid David Lee a couple million dollars less per year?
    I agree when we signed him I was hoping for something like 9-10 mil a year max 11 but the way he's playing I don't mind anymore.


    THE REAL FRANCHISE WARRIORS!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    8,918
    vCash
    1500
    David Lee



    she says go for the championship

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    15,106
    vCash
    1500
    Curry's the best player on the team right now. And when healthy Bogut is second, do the math.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •