Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Stupid like a fox

vCash
    Worry about your own team and GM handing out 25 million dollar contracts to a platoon player and trading for Michael Young.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    ..I found this interesting.

Blue Jays GM Alex Anthpoulos said he expects Josh Thole to begin the 2013 season at Triple-A Buffalo.
    The Jays signed Henry Blanco to a one-year deal last week, and Anthpoulos confirmed that the backup job will be his to lose going into spring training. Thole batted just .234/.294/.290 with one home run and 21 RBI in 104 games with the Mets this past season. He can continue to be ignored outside of deeper AL-only leagues.
    why does Anthpoulos expect Thole to begin the season in the minors?
    wasn't the point of acquiring Thole in the Dickey trade, so that Thole could be Dickey's personal catcher for the knuckle ball?

why would Anthpoulos expect newly signed Henry Blanco to beat out Thole anyway.
    Blue Jays signed C Henry Blanco to a one-year, $750,000 contract.
    It's a non-guaranteed deal, but he'll get a 40-man roster spot for now. The Jays already have J.P Arencibia, Josh Thole and Mike Nickeas in-house, so Blanco will merely function as insurance. The 41-year-old backstop batted .188 (12-for-64) with one home run in 21 games with the Diamondbacks last season.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    As a Jays' fan, that's barely interesting to me. Horrible bump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    ..I found this interesting.

why does Anthpoulos expect Thole to begin the season in the minors?
    wasn't the point of acquiring Thole in the Dickey trade, so that Thole could be Dickey's personal catcher for the knuckle ball?

why would Anthpoulos expect newly signed Henry Blanco to beat out Thole anyway.
    Blanco has caught Dickey before. Dickey even said himself that Blanco has been the best at catching him.

AA also said Thole has been an everyday catcher, and wants to keep him an everyday catcher just incase JP gets injured.

Just a depth move, nothing more, nothing less.

vCash
    Yup, Blanco was on the Mets 2 years ago with Dickey and Henry is a phenomenal defensive catcher unlike Thole.
    Given the fact that they have such a bad defensive catcher in Arencibia, singing Blanco makes a lot of sense.

...but Blanco is old and going forward they will still need somebody else to catch Dickey and that will be Thole who they just signed for 2 years to avoid arbitration. If one of those 2 guys goes down, Thole will be called up.

vCash
    Thole belongs in AAA anyway. Man oh man was he terrible.

vCash
    Mets still raped

I know I know...WAH Wah what a terrible thing to say. Every time I see this I feel like throwing up...1 because of who the Mets got and 2 because of how much they got.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Mets still raped

I know I know...WAH Wah what a terrible thing to say. Every time I see this I feel like throwing up...1 because of who the Mets got and 2 because of how much they got.
    WAY too early to say anyone won this trade.

It was a good trade for both teams right now. Jays are trying to contend, Dickey helps them do that. Mets are rebuilding, this helps them do that. Fair trade for both teams as it stands now. The future will tell who "won" the trade.

vCash
    I swear I still look at this and feel bad...The Jays are stupid.
    Yeah... how dare they go out and try to win after 20 years of being in the basement.

Awful

Mets still raped

Ohhhh.... you're a Phillies fan. Now it makes more sense why you're so butthurt....

You should worry about your own team and awful moves your GM makes, rather than worry about what the Jays do.
    Last edited by StayOnBoard; 01-21-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Mets still raped

Maybe you're looking at it wrong. You realize trading prospects is always a huge gamble, since they can be a bust?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeperMessiah View Post
    Maybe you're looking at it wrong. You realize trading prospects is always a huge gamble, since they can be a bust?
    Yes but you have to evaluate trades when they happen too.

The Blue Jays got the reigning Cy Young winner but the Mets got two highly touted prospects, (two top 100 specs) one who can possibly be a perennial all star catcher and a guy who could possible be a top of the rotation type pitcher.

Not to mention Buscerra who is a wildcard in all of this and also has upside.

The Mets got great value out of a 38 year old SP who really didn't start pitching well until 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yes but you have to evaluate trades when they happen too.

The Blue Jays got the reigning Cy Young winner but the Mets got two highly touted prospects, (two top 100 specs) one who can possibly be a perennial all star catcher and a guy who could possible be a top of the rotation type pitcher.

Not to mention Buscerra who is a wildcard in all of this and also has upside.

The Mets got great value out of a 38 year old SP who really didn't start pitching well until 2010.
    Assuming the prospects might eventually work out. Something like counting chickens before they hatch.

vCash
    Maybe you're looking at it wrong. By simply dismissing all value in a prospect by saying they're a huge gamble, then you're essentially saying a team could give up any number of prospects since all of them have no value. That's obviously a ridiculous statement to make, so then you have to acknowledge the market value of prospects and you can then move on to evaluating the trade from both sides, rather than one. The Mets got way more value in this trade than the Blue Jays, at the time of the deal. I think all unbiased observers would agree with that. The discussion then becomes; was it worth it for the Blue Jays to overpay in this scenario. As a Blue Jays fan, I strongly disagreed with this trade but I certainly understand why others think it was fine.

vCash
    Assuming the prospects might eventually work out. Something like counting chickens before they hatch.
    To understand the baseball trade market, you're going to have to acknowledge that prospects have value as potential future contributors.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast