Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Mets & Jays Deal Done (Dickey Signs for 2yrs/25 Million)

vCash
    I dont think at this point you can judge the trade as a win/loss for the Jays. If the jays make/go far/win, the playoffs the next few years its most likely a win. But if they dont (and winning the offseason means ****, just ask LAA/MIA last year) and BOS 2 years ago. then the trade is a loss for TOR....

vCash
    To the Jays fans who aren't happy about this deal:

This is what we all wanted. An ownership that is willing to spend on a winning product. Right? AA/Beeston have already gone deep with the Marlins trade, so might as well go all in with acquiring Dickey who will undoubtedly help us win NOW!
    Now if only AA can find a way to dump the flaming turd that is Adam Lind. 1B remains our last position in need of an upgrade.
    Last edited by Jays Claw; 12-17-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    I AM YOUR KING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    To the Jays fans who aren't happy about this deal:

This is what we all wanted. An ownership that is willing to spend on a winning product. Right? AA/Beeston have already gone deep with the Marlins trade, so might as well go all in with acquiring Dickey who will undoubtedly help us win NOW!
    Yeah, that part is great. As someone you're addressing (a Jays fan not happy about this deal) the reason I'm not happy about it isn't because of what the Jays are getting, it's about the price they're paying to get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Yeah, that part is great. As someone you're addressing (a Jays fan not happy about this deal) the reason I'm not happy about it isn't because of what the Jays are getting, it's about the price they're paying to get it.
    What do you expect to give up for a Cy Young winner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carruthers32 View Post
    I don't think his value is just that.
    even with the extension, he is still 38. might not be too old for a knuckler, but 38 is still 38. now maybe that's not a big deal, or any deal at all. maybe Dickey with his knuckler can still be very effective for multiple more seasons.
    that plus the situation.
    Dickey would not sign an extension with the Mets because they wouldn't meet what he was asking.
    the Jays were the only team left bidding, every other team had backed out.
    to me it would seem like the Mets were backed into a corner, and in that situation a team usually has to settle for the best they can get.
    the value the Jays are giving up IMO is more than what the situation was.
    that's just how I feel.
    but I'm not hating on the deal. the Jays are getting something really good, so it's not terrible that good value is going away to get that good value coming in.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Depends on the Cy Young winner. If we're talking about Felix Hernandez or Clayton Kershaw, this package falls far short. For R.A. Dickey, this is an overpay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Depends on the Cy Young winner. If we're talking about Felix Hernandez or Clayton Kershaw, this package falls far short. For R.A. Dickey, this is an overpay.
    It depends on Dickeys performance. If we see 3 years of what he did last year, a long with some playoff runs and a championship, I'd have a hard time complaining. Guys like Felix and Kershaw will simply be unavailable for another decade. We have our Felix/Kershaw in Brandon Morrow. Young,signed and IMO, he breaks out as a legit ace next season. He'll get some Cy Young votes, not that Morrow is relevant to what you're saying.

vCash
    Dude is 38, and has had one amazing season in his career, and honestly wasn't even as good as Kershaw or Giozalez.

Jays paid a steep price, but they will be a title contender this season, which in itself is pretty cool. Jays fans deserve a contender after dealing with the team they have for the past so many seasons.

#BostonStrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Dude is 38, and has had one amazing season in his career, and honestly wasn't even as good as Kershaw or Giozalez.

Jays paid a steep price, but they will be a title contender this season, which in itself is pretty cool. Jays fans deserve a contender after dealing with the team they have for the past so many seasons.
    Depends what metrics your using... I can argue he was easily better than both these guys last season (and having the Cy Young award has nothing to do with it).

No doubt Jays paid a steep price though. Absolutely agree with that.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash

again.. why does this matter in anyways.. Those guys were never available to make this a legit point. And even if they were, it would have cost much more to get them prospect and money wise then it cost the Jays to get Dickey

I don't know about people But I'd rather have Dickey at 3/30 while losing D'Arnaud/Syndergaard than having David Price at 8/200 plus losing 2 or more top prospects on top of D'Arnaud and Syndergaard

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash

one amazing season, but not a one season wonder. can't just write off what he did in 2011 and 2010.
    2011- 3.28/1.23
    2010- 2.84/1.19

I also don't think something like the contract of Reyes is really a big difference. the Jays aren't really handcuffed by a certain payroll level.

vCash
    Yeah i mean that division will take a step back next year.

The Yankees are not nearly as good on paper, with their issues at certain positions, and their age.

The Red Sox still have holes even with all those FA signings this offseason (but a very good farm system could help them turn it around in 2014 and so on)

The Rays took a step back losing Upton and Shields to build more for the future and the Orioles played unbelievably well in close games.

The latter which is very difficult to replicate.

That division is wide open for a much improved Jays team.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-17-2012 at 04:17 PM.

vCash
    curious, I guess I don't know this. why does 1 thread have to be closed when it gets close to 1000 replies?

I would like to see the Jays still making moves. 1B could use an upgrade.
    any chance/what are the chances the Jays can go out and give 3 years to Adam LaRoche?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    curious, I guess I don't know this. why does 1 thread have to be closed when it gets close to 1000 replies?

I would like to see the Jays still making moves. 1B could use an upgrade.
    any chance/what are the chances the Jays can go out and give 3 years to Adam LaRoche?
    If they pick up Laroche you could just hand them the WS. That would be a great pickup.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast