Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mets & Jays Deal Done (Dickey Signs for 2yrs/25 Million)

vCash
    I dont think at this point you can judge the trade as a win/loss for the Jays. If the jays make/go far/win, the playoffs the next few years its most likely a win. But if they dont (and winning the offseason means ****, just ask LAA/MIA last year) and BOS 2 years ago. then the trade is a loss for TOR....

vCash
    To the Jays fans who aren't happy about this deal:

This is what we all wanted. An ownership that is willing to spend on a winning product. Right? AA/Beeston have already gone deep with the Marlins trade, so might as well go all in with acquiring Dickey who will undoubtedly help us win NOW!
    Now if only AA can find a way to dump the flaming turd that is Adam Lind. 1B remains our last position in need of an upgrade.
    Last edited by Jays Claw; 12-17-2012 at 04:11 PM.

#WeTheNorth - RAPTORS' 2014 PLAYOFFS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    To the Jays fans who aren't happy about this deal:

This is what we all wanted. An ownership that is willing to spend on a winning product. Right? AA/Beeston have already gone deep with the Marlins trade, so might as well go all in with acquiring Dickey who will undoubtedly help us win NOW!
    Yeah, that part is great. As someone you're addressing (a Jays fan not happy about this deal) the reason I'm not happy about it isn't because of what the Jays are getting, it's about the price they're paying to get it.

vCash
    Yeah i mean that division will take a step back next year.

The Yankees are not nearly as good on paper, with their issues at certain positions, and their age.

The Red Sox still have holes even with all those FA signings this offseason (but a very good farm system could help them turn it around in 2014 and so on)

The Rays took a step back losing Upton and Shields to build more for the future and the Orioles played unbelievably well in close games.

The latter which is very difficult to replicate.

That division is wide open for a much improved Jays team.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-17-2012 at 04:17 PM.

vCash
    curious, I guess I don't know this. why does 1 thread have to be closed when it gets close to 1000 replies?

I would like to see the Jays still making moves. 1B could use an upgrade.
    any chance/what are the chances the Jays can go out and give 3 years to Adam LaRoche?

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    curious, I guess I don't know this. why does 1 thread have to be closed when it gets close to 1000 replies?

I would like to see the Jays still making moves. 1B could use an upgrade.
    any chance/what are the chances the Jays can go out and give 3 years to Adam LaRoche?
    If they pick up Laroche you could just hand them the WS. That would be a great pickup.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    Bogs down the servers.

I don't know that it's as much of an issue as it used to be. But they still ask that we always close threads as they approach 1000 posts.

I know it's a pain on the app. But I would think computers could handle it still, and that the servers could as well. But it's what we are told to do, so until further notice. They will continue to be closed.

Good deal for both teams here btw.

vCash
    I like to look at razzball.com to see what he has to say on deals.
    razzball is also for fantasy, so take what he says based on that.

this is what he had to say on Dickey.
    The Jays started this trading season with a bang by sucking the soul from the Marlins, leaving them soul-less. Now they’re finishing up the winter trading season by reaching into the Mets’ chest and ripping out their heart like Mola Ram. The Mets trading Cy Young winner, R.A. Dickey is the smartest thing I’ve seen the Mets do since they clearly labeled the foul lines during their 1986 championship. There’s no reason people need to be sniffing powdered limestone. “Hey, Mex, wanna go to Tijuana to get some Devil’s Dandruff?” “Doc, we got a World Series game today.” *blank stare from Gooden* “So?” I don’t think Dickey is a one-hit wonder (pun noted); he was solid enough since 2010. His last three seasons ERAs are 2.84, 3.28, 2.73. Sure, there’s some xFIP issues in those years and his K-rates in 2010 and 2011 were 5.37 and 5.78. This was not an ace. Last year, he was. He matched his insane 1st half (2.40 ERA, 123 Ks in 120 IP) with a great 2nd half (3.09 ERA, 107 Ks in 113 2/3 IP). He’s 38 years old, but knuckleballers age at wildly different rates than most pitchers. Phil Niekro didn’t really peak until he was a doppelganger for Phil Donahue. I mean, when your fastest pitch couldn’t win a SpongeBob at a local carnival it’s not unreasonable to think Dickey can still have success. Still, Dickey has nowhere to go but down. This is a classic sell high trade, so I say good for the Mets. Dickey is a tough pitcher to predict. It’s not surprising that he had a great year last year vs. the AL. He had a great year vs. everyone. In 24 IP, he had a 1.88 ERA and a 0.50 WHIP with 28 Ks vs. the AL. In 26 IP in 2011, his ERA was 2.08 with a 1.08 WHIP and 24 Ks vs. the AL. I think his Ks are going to fall a bit closer to his career average. Give him say a 7+ K-rate instead of a 8+ K-rate, and, due to Metco suppressing homers a tad more than Rogers, I’m going to bump up his ERA a bit. For 2013, I’ll give him the line of 16-8/3.38/1.17/182. There is admittedly a larger margin of error in this line than I’ve given other pitchers.
    pretty good prediction. I would go higher on the ERA myself.

here is what he said on D’Arnaud
    Traded to the Mets. He’s the best catching prospect in baseball. hitting-wise, and he’s not too shabby with the glove. On one hand, he’s being slightly boosted by the friendly PCL with his 2012 numbers at 45/16/52/.333/1. On the other hand, those stats were only in 67 games because he tore his PCL. PCL giveth, PCL taketh away. On a third hand, there’s no third hand — freak! He was on pace for 30+ homers when he was shut down at the June with the injury, an injury that needed two months to recover. I should just say, do you want 2013′s Wilin Rosario? That’s what we’re looking at here. Last year, the fifteenth best catcher was Jesus Montero with a line of 46/15/62/.260. If d’Arnaud hits less than 15 homers in a full season of ABs, I’d be shocked. 15 homers isn’t terrific, I know. That’s the base. There’s a ton of upside from that. He usually chips in a few steals, having one year in the minors when he stole 8 bags. He always hits for power and average. It wasn’t a complete accident I brought out Montero’s stat line. d’Arnaud looks a lot like him. What’s French for Jesus? Jerry Lewis. Hey, lady! d’Arnaud’s mixed league ready right now. The Mets could find that he needs a couple of weeks in the minors in April just to make sure his PCL is healed, but I highly doubt him not being up by May 1st. I’m gonna give him a line of 40/16/56/.283/3 in 375 ABs.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Replacing Lind would really cap off a great offseason for the Jays.

vCash
    You really need to stop hating on Lind... He would be the Mets best outfielder lol

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    In 1992 the Jays picked up David Cone from the Mets and his Toronto fans were called "Coneheads". In 2012 we pick up Dickey from the Mets. What are we going to call his fans?
    Heard something like this on the radio an hour or so ago and it made me smile. Just thought I'd share.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Yeah, that part is great. As someone you're addressing (a Jays fan not happy about this deal) the reason I'm not happy about it isn't because of what the Jays are getting, it's about the price they're paying to get it.
    What do you expect to give up for a Cy Young winner?

vCash
    Andy Martino ‏@MartinoNYDN
    Source: Dickey has passed his physical. So there you go. The CY Young winner has been traded to Toronto. It's done.

vCash
    Neat

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast