Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Will Start For Opening Day?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • R.A. Dickey

69 75.82%
  • Brandon Morrow

16 17.58%
  • Josh Johnson

5 5.49%
  • Rickey Romero

1 1.10%
  • Mark Beuhrle

0 0%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    I guarantee you that at this time next season, that question will be the furthest of all thoughts from your collective minds.

But i get that none of you have had the opportunity yet to experience the light that is Robert Allen.

May the power of Dickey compel you

May the power of Dickey compel you....
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    i like dickey at the 2 or 3.....eventually it has to happen....esp. when the jays have to face AL teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    this is burnett

Burnett throws four pitches. His main pitches are a four-seam fastball and sinker at 9194 mph, as well as a knuckle curveball[29] at 8083. Less frequently, he also throws a changeup to left-handed hitters at 8789 mph. The curve is especially good for swinging strikes with its 44% whiff rate for Burnett's career. The changeup has also been good for getting groundouts it has a ground ball/fly ball ratio of better than 5:1.

burnett's was a powerful pitcher...however his control was bad

this is halladay

Halladay's disctinctiveness is characterized by his ability to throw a hard two-seam sinking fastball ranging in the low 90s with pinpoint control. In addition, he throws a 4-seam fastball in the low 90s (which is rarely seen), a curveball in the high 70s, and cut fastball from 9092 mph which he had modified the grip for in 2007 at the suggestion of former catcher Sal Fasano.[57] Halladay threw the hardest cutter among MLB starters in the 2011 season, at an average of 91.4 mph

this is the reason why hallady is more successful than burnett
    wilner said that morrow's stuff is more similar to halladays......morrow would have easily been an all-star if it weren't for his injury
    Yes we understand Halladay is the better pitcher by a long shot of the two. The argument wasn't that however. The post was better stuff, and there is an argument to be made that AJ had a better arsenal than Doc when he was on. Not consistently but if AJ was on he was unhittable as in Ks. Doc is a contact pitcher. I'm not agreeing completely either but as stated before there is an argument to be made for who has better "stuff"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Faabs89 View Post
    Yes we understand Halladay is the better pitcher by a long shot of the two. The argument wasn't that however. The post was better stuff, and there is an argument to be made that AJ had a better arsenal than Doc when he was on. Not consistently but if AJ was on he was unhittable as in Ks. Doc is a contact pitcher. I'm not agreeing completely either but as stated before there is an argument to be made for who has better "stuff"
    it can go either way, however, in my opinion, doc halladay has better stuff than burnett

vCash
    im saying morrow, not because hes the best but becaus he earned it last year, also you dont want to just throw the new guys out there, let them get accustomed to the team for a few games
    Blue Jays 2013 world champs, just watch

vCash
    You can also go:

Johnson
    Dickey
    Romero
    Morrow
    Buehrle.

vCash
    remember....santana was opening day starter for the mets and look how it turned out.....dickey became NL Cy Young winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramantula View Post
    im saying morrow, not because hes the best but becaus he earned it last year, also you dont want to just throw the new guys out there, let them get accustomed to the team for a few games
    Morrow didn't earn anything yet. He pitched half a season. I could understand if he pitched the whole year and was a part of the cy young talk, but he wasn't. Id rather have dickey or JJ as the ace than Morrow right now. Morrow is good but really hasn't had a full season of good baseball yet

vCash
    Quit it guys! i can't keep this full blown erection until the beginning of April.

vCash
    Got to be Dickey, then you want to go R-L-R-L

I guess

Dickey
    Morrow
    Buerhle
    Johnson
    Romero

Still can't quite believe tht is the rotation
    2012-2013 Offseason Shopping List

1. Starting Pitcher - Josh Johnson
    2. Second Baseman - Maicer Izturis
    3. Left Fielder - Melky Cabrera
    4. Starting Pitcher - Mark Buehrle
    5. Designated Hitter
    6. Backup Infielder - Emilio Bonifacio
    7. Replace Alvarez - R.A. Dickey (!)

vCash
    Idk anything bout the blue jays coach or bullpen, but I would go
    Johnson
    Buerhle
    Dickey
    Romero
    Morrow

I think going Righty, lefty works well. Either way, it's a good problem to have. And if anyone says dickey is too good to be a number one, please look at the Giants rotation. Cain is no less than a 2 and has been the 3 for the last like 4 years haha

vCash
    I would like to see Morrow start. Not that I think he is better than the other starters, could be but.....it just seems right imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    Idk anything bout the blue jays coach or bullpen, but I would go
    Johnson
    Buerhle
    Dickey
    Romero
    Morrow

I think going Righty, lefty works well. Either way, it's a good problem to have. And if anyone says dickey is too good to be a number one, please look at the Giants rotation. Cain is no less than a 2 and has been the 3 for the last like 4 years haha
    Romero is 5 no matter what lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLS80 View Post
    Romero is 5 no matter what lol
    romero could be at the 3 and beuhrle at the 5......we will see

vCash
    I want to see Dickey. With all the attention this move got, it would be fun to watch his 1st game and a lot of fans will like to see what the Knuckleball really does. They are going to go R,L,R,L,R anyways. After the 1st go around the rotation it won't matter who started and who didn't.

Regardless what order you go, someone may get thier nose out of joint, but suck it up. We need all 5 to produce regardless what # you are?

So... Dickey, Morrow/Johnson, Romero, Johnson/Morrow, Buehrle . Then I guess you could switch Romero with Buehrle. Its tough. Best to leave it up to the manager.
    Last edited by wagnall; 12-19-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast