Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Will Start For Opening Day?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • R.A. Dickey

69 75.82%
  • Brandon Morrow

16 17.58%
  • Josh Johnson

5 5.49%
  • Rickey Romero

1 1.10%
  • Mark Beuhrle

0 0%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    I want to see Dickey. With all the attention this move got, it would be fun to watch his 1st game and a lot of fans will like to see what the Knuckleball really does. They are going to go R,L,R,L,R anyways. After the 1st go around the rotation it won't matter who started and who didn't.

Regardless what order you go, someone may get thier nose out of joint, but suck it up. We need all 5 to produce regardless what # you are?

So... Dickey, Morrow/Johnson, Romero, Johnson/Morrow, Buehrle . Then I guess you could switch Romero with Buehrle. Its tough. Best to leave it up to the manager.
    I don't see anybody but the reigning NL CY winner as the opening day starter. Morrow or Johnson next, but I think Johnson, if the Jays see him as their future 2 with an extension, then Buerhle, Morrow, and Romero I think they'll keep Ricky in the 5 hole, less pressure, better odds of success facing other teams number 5's to start the season, and rebuild his confidence.

vCash
    man its hard to say whos going to start....4 pitchers who have been all-stars...it'll be interesting...i called it....morrow will be a cy young candidate this season
    Last edited by rockbottom2010; 12-20-2012 at 09:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    man its hard to say whos going to start....4 pitchers who have been all-stars...it'll be interesting...i called it....morrow will be a cy young candidate this season
    Considering that AA commented that Dickey was their number one and slotted every one else down a spot, I'd say the smart money is on him.

Hope you're right about Morrow....he certainly has the ability to be up there if he can string it all together.

vCash
    I like Dickey as the opening day starter. I heard on the Fan that pitchers who follow knuckle ballers in their rotation have a great deal of success statistically. I haven't seen any evidence of it, nor any proof to the contrary, but maybe AA would put Johnson in the 2 slot as a gesture to try to get an extension done.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678