Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who Will Start For Opening Day?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • R.A. Dickey

    69 75.82%
  • Brandon Morrow

    16 17.58%
  • Josh Johnson

    5 5.49%
  • Rickey Romero

    1 1.10%
  • Mark Beuhrle

    0 0%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 109
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    2,996
    vCash
    1500
    If you want true balance from handedness and perhaps quality it could maybe go:

    RH Dickey
    LH Romero
    RH Johnson
    LH Buehrle
    RH Morrow

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    868
    vCash
    1500
    Dickey won the cy young, has been better than any Jays pitcher the last 3 years, he gets opening day.

    Start Josh Thole, sit JPA's *** on the bench!

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    2,996
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think that Thole is always going to be catching when Dickey is pitching. By that time, Arencibia will have him and his knuckleball figured out, I hope. JPA is still the #1 catcher, as he should be.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,891
    vCash
    1500
    JP should just focus on the other 4 pitchers and not Dickey. Let thole catch for him and teach that other dude how to catch Dickey if thole goes down.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St Catharines
    Posts
    3,594
    vCash
    1500
    Dickey
    Romero
    Johnson
    Beuhrle
    Morrow

    would be my line up

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    13,272
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    JP should just focus on the other 4 pitchers and not Dickey. Let thole catch for him and teach that other dude how to catch Dickey if thole goes down.
    Dickey is here for 3 years, and now that TDA is gone JPA might be here longterm. I think the first thing Gibby will want is for Thole and Dickey to work with JP so that he can at least get a feel for the pitch.


    "Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,718
    vCash
    1500
    If you want to fack with other teams

    Dickey
    Jj
    Mb
    Morrow
    Rr

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,314
    vCash
    1500
    i dont give a fack about the pitcher we aquired compared to morrow.....im beyond pumped to see what this guy is gonna do this year.....wont be surprised at all if he puts up the best numbers of the bunch and is in the cy young candidate mix, his **** is just nasty and im thinkin hes gonna break out


    "I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    1500
    If Morrow were ever to stay healthy for a full season, he could be a Cy Young contender. Let's see if he can handle 200 innings just ONCE before we label him our ace.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    vCash
    1500
    1 good year and Morrow is considered our ace and put above guys like Buerhle and Johnson smh and 1 bad year Romero is now our 5th starter ... C'mon guys

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,401
    vCash
    1500
    could go anyway. i dont give a ****. happy anyway they go!!!

  12. #57
    Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,295
    vCash
    1500
    Josh Johnson
    R.A Dickey
    Brandon Morrow
    Mark Burle
    Rickey Romero

    Heat, knuckle baller and heat...talking about messing hitters up...then lefty, lefty, heat...won't always work that way every series, but why not start off that way

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysnraptors44 View Post
    1 good year and Morrow is considered our ace and put above guys like Buerhle and Johnson smh and 1 bad year Romero is now our 5th starter ... C'mon guys
    Morrows peripheral numbers have been better than Romero's for awhile, even when Romero was dominating. I would have to look up the numbers for Johnson but with Morrows improved walk rate I wouldn't be surprised if Morrow blows him away as well.

    Maybe you could interchange Buerhle with Romero in the rotation and that would be fine but Romero throws a bit harder than Buerhle so most people feel Buerhle would be better suited pitching between our two power pitchers.

    You must not know much about Johnson but he was considered one of the best pitchers in the game before his tj surgery. He also got better as the year went on (makes sense that he would be rusty after all that time off) and despite a pretty bad first two months he ended up with very respectable numbers.
    Last edited by the_jon; 12-18-2012 at 12:27 AM.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Morrows peripheral numbers have been better than Romero's for awhile, even when Romero was dominating. I would have to look up the numbers for Johnson but with Morrows improved walk rate I wouldn't be surprised if Morrow blows him away as well.

    Maybe you could interchange Buerhle with Romero in the rotation and that would be fine but Romero throws a bit harder than Buerhle so most people feel Buerhle would be better suited pitching between our two power pitchers.

    You must not know much about Johnson but he was considered one of the best pitchers in the game before his tj surgery. He also got better as the year went on (makes sense that he would be rusty after all that time off) and despite a pretty bad first two months he ended up with very respectable numbers.
    No it hasn't

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,401
    vCash
    1500
    maybe try

    Johnson
    Buehrle
    Morrow
    Romero
    Dickey

    Cy Young at #5 hahaha ... would still have a hard thrower behind Dickey. Splits up Leftys

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •