Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Think we just chalk up last night to a terrible game in just about every aspect and move on. There are always going to be teams we don't match up well against..and Houston just happens to be 1 of them.

.....not to mention...playing without Melo,Sheed,Camby, Amare and shump

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    also you guys didn't make your 3 balls at the clip you were used to seeing.
    Let's repeat this again:

No melo, sheed, Amare, Camby, Iman and we are talking about at what clip?

The reason we shoot at the clip we do is because of all the attention Melo gets, the ball then moves and the shots are all in the flow of the offense.

If you watched last night, nothing was flowing, and Kidd took shots he never would take this year, guys were in his face, thats not his game.

Felton and Prigs were taking top of the key shots without even one pass, thats not in the flow of anything.

Why can't fans simply say okay Knicks played bad but damn 5 guys who have started for them were out, and their very best player who is in MVP talks didn't play and our back up big who solidifies the defense didn't play?

OK move onto the next game and lets get healthy.........boom thats it in a nutshell.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    I would say our D needs some work!!!!:cry:

Jared Zwerling @JaredZwerling 58 minutes ago
    Not making this up: From Nov. 2 to 20 #Knicks D was at 88.9 PPG (best in NBA). But from Nov. 21 to Dec. 18, NY is at 101.3 PPG (24th-worst).

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/new...#ixzz2FRihH4Et

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YashBoone View Post
    There is no reason to tell me how you feel....

Tell someone who gives a ****.
    u mad bro?
    No..........just being a smart ***.

vCash
    NYK all day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    I would say our D needs some work!!!!:cry:

Jared Zwerling @JaredZwerling 58 minutes ago
    Not making this up: From Nov. 2 to 20 #Knicks D was at 88.9 PPG (best in NBA). But from Nov. 21 to Dec. 18, NY is at 101.3 PPG (24th-worst).

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/new...#ixzz2FRihH4Et
    That's a big concern. I also saw this as well.....

Jared Zwerling@JaredZwerlingabout

Knicks are 3-6 when they turn the ball over 12 or more times this season compared to 15-0 when they turn the ball over fewer than 12 times.

vCash
    Their transition d is non existent ^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    also you guys didn't make your 3 balls at the clip you were used to seeing.
    This is true and it led to many long rebounds and fast breaks. We can't miss that many shots against a team with that kind of speed, especially when were turning it over more than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    That's a big concern. I also saw this as well.....

Jared Zwerling@JaredZwerlingabout

Knicks are 3-6 when they turn the ball over 12 or more times this season compared to 15-0 when they turn the ball over fewer than 12 times.
    I have said many a times that our bread and butter is going to be not turning it over. People don't understand just how HUGE that is for our team. Its not just the fact that its a turnover and the other team gets a possession, its the fact that............

Quote Originally Posted by YashBoone View Post
    Their transition d is non existent ^
    And every turnover turns into a layup. Were not quick enough to get back against speedsters like Lin/Harden/Parsons. We need to take care of the ball, get quality possessions that finish in buckets so we can get back and force them to play half court.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    first off D- Leeth a bit of advice your getting worked up over a couple heavy duty Lin fans, and to be happy that Lin won from what I'm reading and play well, that by my definition is not a loyal fan.

I'm not saying anything about liking or being a fan of a player, but to be happy he did well against your team ( so to speak) well just not logical.

By the way you went back and forth with one poster of eff? show me where exactly Lin is more EFf? Check out each players PER? Lin for the season is not more eff offensively than Felton.

Why am I upset? Heart!!!!! It was not a special game by Lin to be honest a good PG like a Parker or Rondo would have scored 50 and I'm being polite.

It was a layup line and free open shots. Lin missed layups, forced issues and missed wide open looks on a few occasssions.

That layup line by Lin and Harden was so sad to me and upsetting. I wanted to seriously get on the court just for a couple minutes and show the Knicks a no layups allowed. I may be older but I still defend and move really well. Even if I fouled he would not have had a walk in the park.

I'm discusted by it and played the game back real quick and it was even worse the second time around.

Its also obvious to me Jason is struggling without Melo and sheed. He at this point in his career cannot carry a team, but he can point the team and be the teacher. He with Melo and Sheed out was doing what he normally never does, and it showed.

Everyone on Rays case is a joke when Kidd played miserably, but it happens and he's been a God this year.

My next point after reading this stuff to be polite, if Ray was trying to prove something to Lin, is it safe to say Lin was trying to prove something to the Knicks? His team just had success, thats why no blame.

Lin has been God awful this year and he said so, so this game scoring 22 and 8 assists now makes him the real deal?

I've seen this year nobody's go off for 30+ are they the real deal?

I said time will tell and having what 3 or 4 good games and Lin is all forgiven for his terrible games.

If Ray played the way Lin has this season you same fans would be on him even worse, and if you can't admit that check your fanhood at the forum door.

One is playing for the season better than the other, one has a better per, and one players team is 18-6 and the pg from around the league is getting much credit.

Its sad but its a few guys, and I was very pleased with the Garden faithful and I'm very pleased with my sports conversations in the real world.
    Its too funny how you go out your way to discredit anything that kid does. Hes not an all star and he's actually having a sub par season but has shown flashes more than just 2 games. Your agenda is pretty see thru. With or without Melo if you say you are happy with Feltons play as of late you are being biased straight up. And as I said before. I may be a Lin fan due to his brief knick stint. But Ive always been a Felton critic. The guy still has not figured out how to be a pg 9 years in. He started off amazing and falls right back into bad habits. I just hope he gets it by the playoffs.

Sorry if Im not sold 150% on Felton. When we have our complete team back and his usage in minimized he will be tolerable back to even good for stretches. But Ive never seen a guy who's been touted as a natural pg be so far from one. The guy has tunnel vision too many times in my opinion.

Standing on Sacred Ground

When the season starts and the blatant homerism subsides, people will realize the 2 biggest flaws on our team. MAYBE??

vCash
    I'm tired of hearing this Knicks dont block shots nonsense.. where do the Knicks stand when it comes to points given up in the paint?... I tried looking for this stat & couldnt find it. if someone knows please post it.

Just a hunch : Dwade & LB block plenty of shots but their interior D CAN NOT be better than the Knicks!
    The Future is Now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by micks4real View Post
    I'm tired of hearing this Knicks dont block shots nonsense.. where do the Knicks stand when it comes to points given up in the paint?... I tried looking for this stat & couldnt find it. if someone knows please post it.

Just a hunch : Dwade & LB block plenty of shots but their interior D CAN NOT be better than the Knicks!
    ok.. if you go back and read the post of mine in the Amare thread ..that you quoted and responded too... i posted how bad we are in opp points in the paint..we are ranked 19th at 41.8 per game as opposed to 38.6 last year.. thats why people are complaining that we have no shot blockers... its like a free track to the basket right now!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Why did you quote that post for this? I think the superstar numbers Lin put up were a fluke, I have maintained since day 1 I think hes a good PG with a bright future, I thought this off season he going to be way better than he has been, and my long term projections have gone from future all star to pretty much future solid PG.

I don't think I ever once said Felton is anything above solid. Not sure I really overrate him or I just feel the need to stick up for him after a bad performance when the Lin posse jumps all over him and doesn't mention one other dude who completely flopped (like our whole team - multiple times).

I did say Felton would eat him up though, and that obviously didn't happen, but I still maintain Felton is having a better season. Lin has been every bit as erratic as Ray has this season.

I am going to put more stock in what Felton does for our team and what Lin does for his team as a whole this season than what each guy does for 2 games head to head out of 82.

Clyde said this during the game. He said this isn't a game Woody needs to lash out on his team. These types of games happen over an 82 game season. Its impossible to avoid multiple bad losses when you play 82 games.
    Fair enough I also admitted Lin hasn't played the way I expected him to play but from the posts before I got the impression that you were pretty much calling him a fluke or scrub, guess I misunderstood or you weren't clear enough. I've always thought in a good team Lin is somewhere between Linsanity and how he's currently been playing. My bad I didn't wanna look for the post that's why I quoted this. Anyway' I've already said Felton is good enough for us to go all the way as long as Melo and Amare show up. I don't think I need to say anymore.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 12-18-2012 at 07:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    ok.. if you go back and read the post of mine in the Amare thread ..that you quoted and responded too... i posted how bad we are in opp points in the paint..we are ranked 19th at 41.8 per game as opposed to 38.6 last year.. thats why people are complaining that we have no shot blockers... its like a free track to the basket right now!!!!!
    ok thnks, I just saw it...
    last night I saw Woodson yelling at JR for catching a cheap foul off Harden in the 1st half that sat him down... I really think its premeditated due to the missing bodies & foul trouble. All in all the rotations look good & will look better when everyones back & also once we sick Shump on the opposing teams best guard, instead of Jkid or JR
    The Future is Now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    Fair enough I also admitted Lin hasn't been what I expected but from the posts before I got the impression that you were pretty much calling him a fluke or scrub, guess I misunderstood or you weren't clear enough. I've always thought in a good team Lin is somewhere between Linsanity and how he's currently been playing. My bad I didn't wanna look for the post that's why I quoted this. Anyway I've already said Felton is good enough for us to go all the way as long as Melo and Amare show up. I don't think I need to say anymore.
    No worries dude, I ain't mad atcha at all. I can have this convo without freaking out, I don't dislike Lin but at times feel the need to get the back of my PG. Lin and the Rockets schooled us. I can openly admit that. It is what it is, I'm just glad we get a marquee game like the Nets to wash down the bad taste the HOU lost left in this forums mouth.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by micks4real View Post

From Hoopsdata... http://hoopdata.com/oteamshotlocs.aspx

Opposition FG% at the Rim - 67.7% (3rd highest in the NBA)
    Opposition Shots made at the rim - 17.2 (3rd most in the NBA)
    Opposition Shots attempted at the rim - 25.4 (16th highest in the NBA)

Opposition TS% - 54.8 (4th worst in the NBA)

NYK Block Rate (Blocks per 100 opponent possessions) - 4.0 (3rd worst in the NBA)

Miami OppFG% - 64.2% (13th best)
    Miami OppFGM - 15.9 (9th best)
    Miami OppFGA - 24.7 (8th best)

Miami OppTS% - 53.5% (10th worst)

Miami OppBLKR - 4.6 (6th worst)

Since you asked...

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast