Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusWears24 View Post
    Best trade ever...
    Beltran for Zach Wheeler. Go Mets haha
    Can't say that since Wheeler hasn't pitched a game in the majors yet. But it will pain me to see him do that.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Can't say that since Wheeler hasn't pitched a game in the majors yet. But it will pain me to see him do that.
    Yeah i guess. But unloading Beltrans contract for a great prospect is pretty good then.

vCash
    the volquez for hamilton you can say best for both but mostly best for the rangers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusWears24 View Post
    Yeah i guess. But unloading Beltrans contract for a great prospect is pretty good then.
    It was great for you guys.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the brave eagle View Post
    the volquez for hamilton you can say best for both but mostly best for the rangers
    The Reds only did get one good year out of four while Volquez was there.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    That last trade wasn't a robbery. It worked out rather well for everybody.
    That's exaclty what I said...

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Also there 3 team trade between ARI NY AND DET was nice for each team.

Det got, Austin Jackson, Scherzer, Coke.

NY got Granderson

ARI got Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy

vCash
    That was never actually made at that.

It was said it was financed to pay for No No Nanette, but it wasn't. It was money to pay for My Lady Friends, which was never actually made.
    you scare me with your vast knowledge of Baseball sometimes :-/

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn
    Sack Total: 18 Forced Fumbles: 7 Touchdowns: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    How about Hamilton being a rule 5 pick traded to the Reds for cash
    Yeah..............I believe it was pre-orchestrated though. As in, the Cubs never actually wanted him. They were not going to draft anyone that year, but the Reds wanted him, so they told the Cubs they would give them cash if they took him with that selection (if I recall correctly).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    Worst Trade : On August 12, 1987, the Atlanta Braves dealt pitcher Doyle Alexander to the Detroit Tigers for minor league pitcher John Smoltz.

Best Trade : On December 5, 1990, Alomar and Joe Carter were traded to the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for Fred McGriff and Tony Fernández.
    Actually, the Alexander trade is considered to be a push as both sides got exactly what they wanted/needed at the time.

Detroit got someone to help with the stretch drive and Alexander performed as good as anyone could have dreamed.

Atlanta got a young player with upside... who just happened to have an awesome career.

This may not look totally balanced on the scales of history, but Detroit needed mr. Right now and got him.. Atlanta had nothing going right now so you take on a prospect and roll the dice.. in this case, the dice came up a winner... Win-Win... never can be rated a bad trade...

Now, there have been a ton of trades over the years, but what people say is bad is really lopsided in one teams favor (so bad just depends upon which team you root for since the other side may consider that trade a great one.)

The Red Sox selling Babe Ruth to NY for just slightly over $200,000, is pretty lopsided... he was the best pitcher at the time, and also the best hitter.... pretty lopsided.

Now don't cry for the sox, as the Varitek & Lowe for Holcomb trade with Seattle was pretty lopsided and helped propel them to the WS victory in '04

There have been many over the years.

vCash
    Yeah..............I believe it was pre-orchestrated though. As in, the Cubs never actually wanted him. They were not going to draft anyone that year, but the Reds wanted him, so they told the Cubs they would give them cash if they took him with that selection (if I recall correctly).
    Yeah he was never technically drafted by the cubs. The cubs took him to immediately trade to Cincy for 100k

vCash
    December 10, 1971 NY Mets trade Nolan Ryan and 3 others to the Angels for Jim Forgoesi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthangelkai View Post
    December 10, 1971 NY Mets trade Nolan Ryan and 3 others to the Angels for Jim Forgoesi
    How about Tom Seaver for Pat Zachry, Steve Henderson, Doug Flynn, and Dan Norman?

Reds scored big time.

vCash
    The Vernon Wells trade had to be one of the worst trades ever arranged by a GM though. I mean seriously, who would actually take on that sort of contract voluntarily? And give up assets in the process?

vCash
    The Vernon Wells trade had to be one of the worst trades ever arranged by a GM though. I mean seriously, who would actually take on that sort of contract voluntarily? And give up assets in the process?
    While I agree completely, Vernon Wells was coming off a pretty good season in 2010. It certainly wasn't good enough to justify the money though, obviously.

vCash
    Worst: Adrian Gonzalez, Chris Young and Termel Sledge FOR Adam Eaton and Akinori Otsuka.

Great work Jon Daniels!

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast