Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,123
    vCash
    1500

    Strasburg-most overrated pitcher in baseball

    Can we please stop the love fest with Strasburg-he has close to 50 career starts and NEVER recorded an out in the 8th inning EVER

    his talent is undeniable but you cant be a top of the league starter going 5-6 innings

    and dont blame it on the organizational philosophy ive seen plenty of pitchers argue emphatically to stay in games you never see that with him

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,161
    vCash
    1500
    He's not an economical pitcher, but that doesn't take away from his natural talent. He's one of the most dominant pitchers in recent memory. He is a TOP 5 pitcher talent IMO.
    Aight, lemme end this with a KO right now:

    Ryne Sandberg: 9282 PA | 4.05 fWAR/600 | 4.2 rWAR/600 PA
    Chase Utley: 5128 PA | 6.32 fWAR/600 PA | 6.26 rWAR/600 PA

    Utley has 1/2 as many PAs right now...thats definitely whats hurting his HOF hopes, but he has been clearly more valuable than Sandberg in his career. If he can get another 2000 PA (3 full seasons) of 4.5+ WAR rate, then he >>> Sandbage

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,123
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
    He's not an economical pitcher, but that doesn't take away from his natural talent. He's one of the most dominant pitchers in recent memory. He is a TOP 5 pitcher talent IMO.
    thats my point though-people on PSD, espn, mlb network everybody does nothing but hype this kid up, and when hes on the mound hes done a very good job, but 50 starts and 0 outs recorded in the 8th inning or beyond?

    thats not an ace thats not a top pitcher right there

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    21,561
    vCash
    2500
    Matt Harvey is a HOF, but Strasburg is overrated

    Shailene Woodley

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35,784
    vCash
    1000
    BECAUSE NOBODY LETS HIM PITCH THAT DEEP!

    Seriously


    He is over rated because he hasn't pitched in the 8th inning?


    You want to tell me he couldn't have pitched the 8th inning of this game?
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...01206020.shtml

    ?

    What about this one?

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...01204050.shtml


    What about this one where he dominated your Mets?
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...01207250.shtml


    They are keeping him on a short leash not because they have to, but because they think that is what is best for him. Not that it is. But it's what they think.


    It's kind of funny to hear a Mets fan call a guy over-rated that has gone
    3-0, 1.50 ERA, 18 innings in three starts against the Mets with 25 K, 6 BB, 10 base hits allowed.

    Over-rated, but has completely dominated your team.

    Yup, Starsburg is over-rated, and Harvey is well on his way to the hall of fame.

    Right?

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...att-Harvey-HOF

    You are giving Mets fans a bad name
    Adam Wainwright
    Cards Sig Game

    4-1 (5 starts), 37.0 IP, 8.51 K/9, 2.19 BB/9, 1.46 ERA, 2.22 FIP, 42 -ERA, 61 -FIP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,123
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    BECAUSE NOBODY LETS HIM PITCH THAT DEEP!

    Seriously


    He is over rated because he hasn't pitched in the 8th inning?


    You want to tell me he couldn't have pitched the 8th inning of this game?
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...01206020.shtml

    ?

    What about this one?

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...01204050.shtml


    What about this one where he dominated your Mets?
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...01207250.shtml


    They are keeping him on a short leash not because they have to, but because they think that is what is best for him. Not that it is. But it's what they think.


    It's kind of funny to hear a Mets fan call a guy over-rated that has gone
    3-0, 1.50 ERA, 18 innings in three starts against the Mets with 25 K, 6 BB, 10 base hits allowed.

    Over-rated, but has completely dominated your team.

    Yup, Starsburg is over-rated, and Harvey is well on his way to the hall of fame.

    Right?

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...att-Harvey-HOF

    You are giving Mets fans a bad name
    first of all i was making a joke with that thread-check the tags "Troll" is included

    second of all lets not pretend the mets have been a power line up since strasburg has been in the league most pitchers look good against them

    and im sorry because my team is medicore i cant call a guy overrated?

    your damn right he is-like i said dont give me org philosophy-he never has blown up to make his cast to stay in (if he did we wouldve heard about it for a month on espn as they all s'ed his d over his competitive fire)-besides they let gio go 8/9 a few times last year

    there is no way you can put him with guys like verlander/kershaw/felix who all go the distance when they need to its an absolute joke and insult to those guys to include strasburg with them
    Last edited by NYMETS2889; 04-16-2013 at 04:50 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    21,561
    vCash
    2500
    So you're admitting to trolling? You do know that's against the rules...

    Shailene Woodley

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35,784
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMETS2889 View Post
    first of all i was making a joke with that thread-check the tags "Troll" is included
    Then you should get an infraction or even possibly banned for such a thing.


    second of all lets not pretend the mets have been a power line up since strasburg has been in the league most pitchers look good against them
    Okay, want to pick another lineup?

    Strasburg has pretty much dominated everybody he has faced.

    Teams over .500
    9-5, 2.98 ERA

    Teams under .500
    13-7, 2.90 ERA
    your damn right he is-like i said dont give me org philosophy-he never has blown up to make his cast to stay in (if he did we wouldve heard about it for a month on espn as they all s'ed his d over his competitive fire)-besides they let gio go 8/9 a few times last year
    Gio is a veteran that their GM didn't impose some arbitrary and ******** pitch count upon.

    Strasburg is being handled like a faberge egg because the Nationals want him to last forever and think limiting him today will pay off in the future. It's not Strasburgs fault he is being managed this way, in fact he is vocally against it.


    there is no way you can put him with guys like verlander/kershaw/felix who all go the distance when they need to its an absolute joke and insult to those guys to include strasburg with them
    So he hasn't done it as long as Verlander, Kershaw, and Felix.

    But name 5 other pitchers in baseball that are better than him.

    since he joined the major leagues in 2010

    He has the best FIP (2.52) Cliff Lee is second at 2.75
    The best xFIP (2.64) Cliff Lee is second at 2.94
    He has the 7th best ERA (2.94) just behind Felix Herandez at 2.92
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 04-16-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    Adam Wainwright
    Cards Sig Game

    4-1 (5 starts), 37.0 IP, 8.51 K/9, 2.19 BB/9, 1.46 ERA, 2.22 FIP, 42 -ERA, 61 -FIP

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,123
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    So you're admitting to trolling? You do know that's against the rules...
    to a degree sure (just to be clear it was from another thread not this one)-the tag shows i was joking, but not in the direct sense of the word-and if i get "suspended" or banned" it happens i dont see my life being impacted in any major way

    and just one more point on jeffy25 talking about strasburgs dominance against my team-3 starts 18 innings-6 inning pitcher-overrated, guys get crushed for not going deep into games but people over look that with him and i dont understand how

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,219
    vCash
    1500
    Not overrated. Just needs to avoid the Braves.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,123
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Then you should get an infraction or even possibly banned for such a thing.




    Okay, want to pick another lineup?

    Strasburg has pretty much dominated everybody he has faced.

    Teams over .500
    9-5, 2.98 ERA

    Teams under .500
    13-7, 2.90 ERA

    Gio is a veteran that their GM didn't impose some arbitrary and ******** pitch count upon.

    Strasburg is being handled like a faberge egg because the Nationals want him to last forever and think limiting him today will pay off in the future. It's not Strasburgs fault he is being managed this way, in fact he is vocally against it.




    So he hasn't done it as long as Verlander, Kershaw, and Felix.

    But name 5 other pitchers in baseball that are better than him.
    verlander/kershaw/felix/price/cain/cliff lee/CC/grienke

    thats 8 right there

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,510
    vCash
    1500
    I'd say he is little over rated but he is still a top 10 pitcher at worst.

    Probably has the best stuff in the game.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    21,561
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMETS2889 View Post
    verlander/kershaw/felix/price/cain/cliff lee/CC/grienke

    thats 8 right there
    Based on what though? What's your evidence to support your claim? Jeffy's brought his.

    Shailene Woodley

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    805
    vCash
    1500
    Hardly. Hed be the number one ace on about 25 teams.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,146
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMETS2889 View Post
    verlander/kershaw/felix/price/cain/cliff lee/CC/grienke

    thats 8 right there
    no way i take them over strasburg


    "I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •