Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Angry Jennings might leave for a larger market

While Jennings did not address specific issues about the Bucks' team and organization, sources close to the situation said he is frustrated with the direction of the franchise. Bogut, the Bucks' second-best player, has been injury prone, missing 30 games in Jennings' first two seasons. The center has played only 12 games this season and is currently sidelined by an ankle injury that could cost him the rest of the season.

Stephen Jackson, another one of the Bucks' top players, wants out of Milwaukee unless the club gives him a contract extension, according to sources, and the rest of the Bucks' roster is made up of journeymen.

Despite leading Milwaukee to victories over Miami (twice) and the Los Angeles Lakers, Jennings did not make the Eastern Conference All-Star team. Despite his reservations about staying in Milwaukee for the long haul, Jennings insisted that his play and effort will not be adversely affected.

"I'm going to keep playing hard every night for the Bucks as long as I'm there,'' Jennings said. "I'm not promising that's where my future will be. I will make sure me and (agent Bill Duffy) look at all the best options.''
    Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard
    Brandon Jennings told me today he'll strongly consider leaving Bucks for big market team -
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/75...g-market-teams

I alway thought players cant get away from bird rights after rookies deals? I guess if he takes that last season as QO then I suppose thats the only way out. But though we can still match all offers? Well if his heart isnt here we could easily trade him on draft night for a pick. Or package him with Jackson now for something. Heck if Lakers are willing to deal Gasol. Why not Jennings,Jackson,Gooden for Gasol? I could even see a package of Jennings and Jackson and Bogut for a Rondo,Allen and Stiemsma type deal. The Celtic deal has little more value. Ya figure Ray Allen was a mistake to be traded in the past. Fan favorite. Also young center Stiemsma was a Wisconsin Badger like Leuer. Rondo is a all star pg that plays great D but doesn't shoot well. But still trade isn't the worst.

vCash
    He should be traded. I always thought in the back of my mind he would leave for a big market as soon as he gets a chance, this just confirms it. Love watching him play though.
    Quote Originally Posted by percyhoward View Post
    I must have misunderstood the smily. I thought I was offering him an orange.

vCash
    I would see if the Jazz bite on this one. Jennings,Jackson,Brockman for Al Jefferson. We get our 20/10 big man. He can play pf and center. Him and Gooden can chuck til their hearts are content here. Then we would have Bogut back next year or maybe end of this season.

vCash
    Can't blame Jennings. This team stinks and will never go anywhere with our ownership and front office. The only way to improve the team is through the draft and the Bucks handle that business like ****.
    [CENTER[IMG]http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/scanners/moonrise-kingdom-wes-andersons-miniatures/mkwhatbird-thumb-510x275-49306.jpg[/CENTER]

vCash
    Being a fan of this team is so depressing sometimes

vCash
    I was just starting to feel good about the team too
    Quote Originally Posted by percyhoward View Post
    I must have misunderstood the smily. I thought I was offering him an orange.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyBear View Post
    Being a fan of this team is so depressing sometimes
    Truer words have never been spoken

vCash
    That's exactly what the NBA is now a days. They might as well just turn teams like Milwaukee, New Orleans, Sacramento and others into essentially Triple A teams that develop young players for the good teams. That's pretty much what it seems like is happening. You draft a young player, suffer through the learning years, then once he gets good, you lose him to a "big" market team.

I don't blame Brandon, but I also think its somewhat foolish. Let's say he goes to a place like New York, with Carmelo and Amare. He is at best the number three option. He's essentially Chris Bosh, but guys don't see that. If he stays in Milwaukee, he'll be option 1 or 2. He'll be able to shine quite a bit more than he would in a big market in my opinion. He won't be as ridiculed for every dumb shot he takes (admit it Bucks fans, we love him but he does take some dumb shots some times). He won't be under the microscope that the Heat are.

vCash
    They may have to consider players more like Landry, Pryz who actually want to be in Milwaukee.

BJ could actually change his mind with a better roster, you never know.

vCash
    this honestly doesn't suprise me at all. On draft day, I knew he would be a downgraded Allen Iverson, which includes the ego. I knew once he had a good enough season (a.k.a not shooting under 40% from the field), he would want to leave and get paid. So you might as well trade him, along with Jackson,(another "great" aquisition that panned out), and others for a guy like Gasol, Al Jefferson or something.

vCash
    Get over it there is no way Rondo will be in Milwaukee, not going to happen. I've never been completely on the Jennings bandwagon, this almost pushes me off. I knew he never really cared about the city, just another me player like 95% of the league. Good riddance....eventually.

vCash
    Everyone who leaves small markets is a loser....they can't do it alone so they hafta make packs of threes....super lame

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I would see if the Jazz bite on this one. Jennings,Jackson,Brockman for Al Jefferson. We get our 20/10 big man. He can play pf and center. Him and Gooden can chuck til their hearts are content here. Then we would have Bogut back next year or maybe end of this season.
    Wouldn't that defeat the purpose since Utah is essetially a small market too.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    This really shouldn't be surprising. The kid loves the spotlight. He's not going to get that in Milwaukee. He'd play hard every night if he played in New York.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    Wouldn't that defeat the purpose since Utah is essetially a small market too.
    Doesn't matter long as we deal him before he decides anyway. I suggested Jennings,Jackson,Gooden for Lakers Gasol. But that really guts out our team. But Gooden is a bad contract. Jackson isn't a guy ya want around our young guys. Jennings see's bad example of other guys leaving teams like Paul,LeBron,Melo and possibly Howard.

Then I mentioned injured Bogut,Jennings,Jackson for Rondo,Ray Allen,Stiemsma. Seems kinda weak. But Bogut trade value will continue dipping if he's injured every season. Jackson has no value now. Jennings is on rookie contract. If we got Ray back he probably still be best player on our team. Rondo is a nice defending pg locked into a 4 year deal but not a good shooter. Stiemsma is a center and a local guy Wisconsin Badger. Him and Leuer probably best buds.
    *=injured

Beno,Livingston,Delfino,Jefferson,Gooden/Bogut*

or

Beno,Livingston,Delfino,Moute,Gasol/Bogut*

or

Rondo,Allen,Delfino,Moute,Gooden

The first two line up could be changed around where Beno is on the bench and Livingston is the pg. Then Delfino at sg. Then try some Moute at sf even though he's better fit at pf. Or could start Harris. But with a combo of Jefferson and Gooden out there your gonna want some more D. So Moute might have to start at sf. Then if Bogut is back and were playoff bound at end off season then we can rock with twin towers of Jefferson/Bogut or Gasol/Bogut.

Bad thing about the Celtic trade is we lose both cornerstones of the franchise in Bogut and Jennings. On paper the starting line up is so so. If Rondo cant make any shots then there's tons of pressure for Ray and Gooden and Delfino to have 20 point games a night or lose. There's time I rather just get Leuer and Harris starting out there and trade most of the rest away. Then there's times I just wanna add a 20/10 pf and keep everyone. But that will be hard to do. Jennings or Bogut has to be dealt to acquire that feat.

Still have a feeling once Jackson is dealt Jennings wont be the same player. Since him and Jackson both were from Oak Hill. Seem like best buds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast