34. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

25 73.53%
  • Seattle Seahawks

9 26.47%
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STAT1 View Post
    Maiocco Retweeted some interesting Kap and Smith stats. Kap still has better stats and throws the ball deep more but the statistical difference isn't as big as it seems. Not saying to change back or anything like that. Just interesting because it seems Kap is a lot better at deep balls.
    like i've been saying, the kaepernick stats are going to go down as he logs more games. you even said the statistical difference isn't as big as it seems.... that's because kaepennicks stats were a lot higher than smiths a few weeks ago, but with each game he logs, reality sets in more along with more pass attempts, so the stats are going to go down as time goes on. That's why I was saying if Kaepernick has better stats, better completion %, less turnovers, etc than Smith after he plays 22-25 games including a playoff game like Smith did, then we can compare the two. Until then, everything is a small sample size thats more than likely to go down as kaepernick logs more games aka more opportunities to do bad or good
    Last edited by tapajafri; 12-20-2012 at 06:43 PM.

vCash
    Good luck Sunday
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Maiocco Retweeted some interesting Kap and Smith stats. Kap still has better stats and throws the ball deep more but the statistical difference isn't as big as it seems. Not saying to change back or anything like that. Just interesting because it seems Kap is a lot better at deep balls.
    He posted volume stats. Here is his post:

"Passes that are thrown 20+ yards in the air: Alex Smith 9-18, 293 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT. Kaepernick 9-18, 302 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT."

What his post didn't include was how long it took them each to get those numbers.

Then, people called him out on it and he said that "In regard to the deep passing, 11.7% of Kaepernick's throws have gone 20+ yards in the air this season, 8.3% for Alex"

That's more of a difference than his initial post would indicate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    He posted volume stats. Here is his post:

"Passes that are thrown 20+ yards in the air: Alex Smith 9-18, 293 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT. Kaepernick 9-18, 302 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT."

What his post didn't include was how long it took them each to get those numbers.

Then, people called him out on it and he said that "In regard to the deep passing, 11.7% of Kaepernick's throws have gone 20+ yards in the air this season, 8.3% for Alex"

That's more of a difference than his initial post would indicate.
    I still would have guessed the gap was more than 3% but yeah it took Alex 8.5 games to get there and Kap 5.5 games to have the same stats. 3 more games for Kap and it'll look a lot different.

vCash
    looking more and more like Justin is gonna be out, hope it's not long term

vCash
    I still would have guessed the gap was more than 3% but yeah it took Alex 8.5 games to get there and Kap 5.5 games to have the same stats. 3 more games for Kap and it'll look a lot different.
    You're right, it will look a lot different as in, a lower completion % for Kap, while is a result from having more attempts down field

vCash
    Before the Patriots game Kap's 20 plus yard throw percentage was actually lower than Smith's.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 12-20-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Before the Patriots game Kap's 20 plus yard throw percent was actually lower than Smith's.
    I was talking about % of passes that are 20+ yards.

vCash
    I was talking about % of passes that are 20+ yards.
    Which is what I was just talking about. Should have worded it better but I was on my phone. Before the Pats game 7.3% of Kap's passes traveled 20+ yards in the air. Smith's is at 7.8%.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 12-20-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Aaron Rodgers % of passes that travel 20+ yards is 11.0%. Kap throws deeper on a larger percentage than him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Which is what I was just talking about. Should have worded it better but I was on my phone. Before the Pats game 7.3% of Kap's passes traveled 20+ yards in the air. Smith's is at 7.8%.
    Oh haha. I thought Alex was at 8.3?

vCash
    As a Packer fan I obviously have to pull for the Seahawks in this one... If I was a niner fan i would hate the thought of losing this game based on how arrogant the Seahawks fans seem to be this week.. From what I read in that forum you guys mine as well not tune in on Sunday night, games over already!

Cant wait for Sunday night!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duddy415 View Post
    As a Packer fan I obviously have to pull for the Seahawks in this one... If I was a niner fan i would hate the thought of losing this game based on how arrogant the Seahawks fans seem to be this week.. From what I read in that forum you guys mine as well not tune in on Sunday night, games over already!

Cant wait for Sunday night!!
    Cheers.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    anyone else see the comment VD made about not being on the same page or whatever with CK? I saw it on the espn ticker last night or the night before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    One of them took it to a whole new level saying their offense is top 5.
    They have every reason to be confident. They've just scored 50+ pts in two straight games and their D is second only to SF by a single point. Granted those games were vs lousy teams, but still. They're playing great right now.

I'm not saying they're going to win...but Seattle is a better team than they were when they played SF last and they're a completely different team at home.

Good thing is, I think the Niners are better than they were at that point also. I really hope Manningham can play.
    confidence is fine, but it's the delusional were a top 5 offense yet we beat them in every category and we aren't a top 5 offense. They are definitely better than they were las time for sure, but fortunately we are too should be a great game and agreed o manningham.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast