Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

25 73.53%
  • Seattle Seahawks

9 26.47%
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
    vCash
    No question that Harbaugh is an Xs and Os coach that knows the game well. Whoever doesn't think so may have to rethink their knowledge of the game. I just don't like how he handled the Alex Smith situation among other things. The whole "going with the hot-hand" was an insult to everyone who watched Niners' games. Smith was clearly the hot hand before he got hurt. I would of much rather have him come out and just say that Kap is his guy and its time for a new QB.

vCash
    I like Harbaugh's personality and press conferences, he has great character and most leaders do. I see in him a leader and a winner, as well as a competitor. I can see why many people think he is an *******, but most people with competitive nature can be perceived as one, people with A-type personalities. Nothing wrong with that in my book, he is a funny guy and one that is absolutely driven by success and a never ending quest for perfection. I can relate to people like him and that attitude so obviously that plays apart in why I like him but the results speak for themselves. It would all be foolish banter if he didn't have the results to back it up. I like his style of leadership though.

I know we have had this 2 then 1 consistency this season but I think it's just a coincidence and I believe the whole team will be focused in the playoffs. If we lose I think it will be due to getting out played, maybe the other team will want it more, or maybe it will just not be our time. But I fully believe for every playoff game the team will show up fired up and focused, and the coaching will be flawless.

It's the second time around and the goal has been crystal clear from the beginning.

Maybe this domination by the Seahawks will be a huge factor if we win the SB. I think of this game as potentially being the game that the 49ers needed, that major wake up call.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I like Harbaugh's personality and press conferences, he has great character and most leaders do. I see in him a leader and a winner, as well as a competitor. I can see why many people think he is an *******, but most people with competitive nature can be perceived as one, people with A-type personalities. Nothing wrong with that in my book, he is a funny guy and one that is absolutely driven by success and a never ending quest for perfection. I can relate to people like him and that attitude so obviously that plays apart in why I like him but the results speak for themselves. It would all be foolish banter if he didn't have the results to back it up. I like his style of leadership though.

I know we have had this 2 then 1 consistency this season but I think it's just a coincidence and I believe the whole team will be focused in the playoffs. If we lose I think it will be due to getting out played, maybe the other team will want it more, or maybe it will just not be our time. But I fully believe for every playoff game the team will show up fired up and focused, and the coaching will be flawless.

It's the second time around and the goal has been crystal clear from the beginning.

Maybe this domination by the Seahawks will be a huge factor if we win the SB. I think of this game as potentially being the game that the 49ers needed, that major wake up call.
    Usually I dig the attitude he has and definitely love his competitive edge, but just using the same line to talk about what we will do this week for the upcoming game is so annoying, how about just saying I ****ed up and had the team unprepared for the Seattle game. I'm the reason we got humbled and I was outcoached by a 60 year old lesbian grandma in every phase of the game.

I hope you're right, can't think of a better coaching staff as as whole heading into the playoffs even though I do my fair share of *****ing

If that *** whoopin doesn't play a huge factor and isn't a wake up call going forward as a team we have a serious issue in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    You're kidding.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    But the problem was that we saw THOSE mistakes from Kap tonight. He was clearly overwhelmed by the environment up in Seattle (which is totally natural with him being basically a rookie) but I mean that's what many fans have been saying.....it's all about THIS year... and Smith has been there and done that. He wouldn't get overwhelmed and look like a deer in the headlights as bad as Kap did tonight. And Smith certainly wouldn't throw into triple coverage, throw those passes across the middle going the other direction, or try to escape a sack when an untouched rusher is blitzing only to lose 8 more yards. I'm not getting on Kaepernick or anything, I defend him because these are natural young mistakes that every QB makes. It's a learning experience and he will definitely get better from this game. But back to many fans' point...it's all about THIS year. Kaepernick on the road in the playoffs in GB? ATL? Maybe even a Super Bowl? Can he handle all of that pressure in his young career? Seattle was the toughest test he faced so far, and he didn't pass it. Forget how poorly the defense played (they certainly didn't help) but forget the defense for a minute because I'm pretty sure the Smith haters never talked about how bad the defense was and blamed Smith for all those years....but that's another story. Forget the defense for a minute. Kaepernick looked like a deer in the headlights from the very first drive. And I defended Kaepernick all games when he got worse and my buddies were criticizing him, but again, it's all about this year. Who is the safer QB that we could win the super bowl THIS year? Most likely Smith. The Seattle environment was a rough one tonight for Kaepernick, and it's only going to be tougher in the playoffs on the road in GB, and potentially in ATL for a trip to the super bowl.
    Giants game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    Lmao at thinking Alex would've prevented this loss.
    Agreed.

vCash
    What do people expect from Harbaugh? Do they want him to tell the media everything he is going to do? I think its great that he holds his cards close to his chest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Don't like him as in don't think he's a good coach?
    I think he's a good coach, at times he looks like a great coach, and then there are times where he looks like an idiot. The game against the Vikings and Seahawks...he looked like an idiot. He out coaches himself by trying to make this team what we aren't at times. We CAN be a good passing team at times, but not if we force it. We are a good passing team WHEN we use the run. We can't just come out throwing every damn play and never running. I mean the game planning for the Seahawks game was straight up ********.

Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post

The bold...I hate when people say that. It's the playoffs and these are NFL players, everyone wants it. It's not a matter of how much they want it, it's a matter of executing (players) game planning (coaches) and keeping your adrenaline in check so you don't play wild (players, coaches)...Harbuagh just needs to quit trying to do too much.

Quote Originally Posted by jbeezy View Post
    What do people expect from Harbaugh? Do they want him to tell the media everything he is going to do? I think its great that he holds his cards close to his chest.
    I couldn't care less what Harbaugh tells the media. He just needs to game plan a lot better
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I couldn't care less what Harbaugh tells the media. He just needs to game plan a lot better
    This

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Yes

Giants game.

Agreed.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I think he's a good coach, at times he looks like a great coach, and then there are times where he looks like an idiot. The game against the Vikings and Seahawks...he looked like an idiot. He out coaches himself by trying to make this team what we aren't at times. We CAN be a good passing team at times, but not if we force it. We are a good passing team WHEN we use the run. We can't just come out throwing every damn play and never running. I mean the game planning for the Seahawks game was straight up ********.

The bold...I hate when people say that. It's the playoffs and these are NFL players, everyone wants it. It's not a matter of how much they want it, it's a matter of executing (players) game planning (coaches) and keeping your adrenaline in check so you don't play wild (players, coaches)...Harbuagh just needs to quit trying to do too much.

Definitely that, just sits up there like no big deal we got throttled. Wanna see him own up to having a ****** gameplan and not use the same generic response to questions that has nothing to do with what is being asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Yes

Giants game.

Agreed.
    oh sorry, i guess throwing into triple coverage one time in the las 20+ games when down by 20+ means you do that often, even though we've seen Kaepernick do it a few times already in only about 6 games. Not to mention, on that Smith throw, he made a bad read and it ended up being triple coverage when he didn't see the safety whereas Kaepernick sees all three defenders and then still throws it. Yeah, i'll stand by what I said about Smith not throwing into triple coverage like Kaepernick has in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    If youre blaming Kaep for the loss, .....

he didnt' give up 42 points!
    Where in my post do I blame the loss on Kaep? I put blame on the coaching staff. There was a time when this offense got compliments for all the different running formations we executed, now we see the Pistol in almost 50 percent of the formations.

Outside of 1 50 yard run from Kaep, have you seen any positive results from the Pistol?

We need to go back to the smash mouth football regardless of who starts at QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    oh sorry, i guess throwing into triple coverage one time in the las 20+ games when down by 20+ means you do that often, even though we've seen Kaepernick do it a few times already in only about 6 games. Not to mention, on that Smith throw, he made a bad read and it ended up being triple coverage when he didn't see the safety whereas Kaepernick sees all three defenders and then still throws it. Yeah, i'll stand by what I said about Smith not throwing into triple coverage like Kaepernick has in the past.
    The "moxie" to throw into triple coverage is the reason that Kaep appears to be the starting QB. Alex generally doesn't throw into even good single coverage, except when it's Vernon and was beginning to do so to Crabs more.

When you have the nuts to throw into coverage, you better be right, your receiver better make a play on the ball, and if it's an int - you better be putting up the TD's to make up for them. I believe that is what Harbs thinks will happen with Kaep.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    If youre blaming Kaep for the loss, .....

he didnt' give up 42 points!
    This is a funny post coming from you, because all you did for years was blame Alex Smith for losing when his defense, coaching, and o-line were terrible for years. If you think Kaepernick had it bad with just a bad a defense for ONE game, think about how bad Smith had it for years with a bad defense, bad coaching, and bad blocking for multiple years.... and it's not just you, it's all the smith haters out there. So it's funny that you come quick to defend Kaepernick with the poor defense, but always blamed Smith for the SF losing seasons.

Haha. Logic contradiction.

But anyways, no doubt that Kaepernick was set up to lose this game. He got absolutely no help from his defense. That defensive performance was absolutely pathetic. The way they kept giving up 1st downs on 3rd down, the way they let Wilson roll out and make plays, the way they let Seattle dictate the tempo and pace of the game, it was all pretty bad. There's no way Kaepernick (or Smith) can win a game like that when your defense plays that bad. Hell, most QB's wouldn't win that game. Hard to win when your defense gives up 40+ points. And also, Kaepernick can't be blamed when his coaching staff got out-coached and out-gameplanned by the other teams coaching staff. This is the second time Harbaugh and his staff were out-strategized. The first one was against the NYG this year. No question that by SF being out-coached along with the defense playing so poorly, Kaepernick was set up to lose that game. It wasn't his fault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    The "moxie" to throw into triple coverage is the reason that Kaep appears to be the starting QB. Alex generally doesn't throw into even good single coverage, except when it's Vernon and was beginning to do so to Crabs more.

When you have the nuts to throw into coverage, you better be right, your receiver better make a play on the ball, and if it's an int - you better be putting up the TD's to make up for them. I believe that is what Harbs thinks will happen with Kaep.
    For all that "moxie" we have a QB that has a 0.1 yd per pass attempt more than his predecessor (8.1 to 8.0). Completing at a much lower percentage (63% to 70%), and throwing a TD pass roughly every 23 pass attempts, compared to Alex who was throwing a TD about every 16 pass attempts.

vCash
    Alex this, Kaep that....I'm sure Alex wouldn't have looked as bad, but given the fact that our D gave up 35 points (remember, 1 TD was off a FG block) I don't think Alex would've been capable of putting up 35 on Seattle, even with VD and Manningham. We can't argue about the QBs anymore, it's done, there's no going back as much as some of us (me included) didn't really like the switch. We just need Justin back and VD and I think we can beat anyone. The fact is we had to go across the country twice in 2 weeks and came off an exhausting game in New England and then had to play in Seattle, I'm not too surprised they came out flat. In 2008 Arizona got spanked 47-7 by New England in snow and then proceeded to make the SB that season. This isn't gonna happen with the bad gameplanning and playcalling.

How many times were the 49ers outcoached last season (playoffs included)? Maybe 1, Baltimore? Every week Harbs had a gameplan that had the 49ers in the best position to win, and we lost 4 games total, by 3, 10, 2, and 3...those 4 combined don't add up to either this loss or the Giants loss, and the 49ers have been outcoached 4, maybe 5 depending on how you feel about the 2nd Rams game, and I'm concerned.

If they play like they did the first 2.5 quarters of the New England game, they can NOT be stopped by anyone. Play like they did the ensuing 5.5 quarters, they'll get beat by any of the NFC playoff teams.

Soon...

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast