Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: WHO Next

vCash
    lets be real here. Swisher is a no go. Not worth the money or the 16th pick. Cody Ross? Thats a waste of 9m. I for one would only trade for a player down the road if needed. Let Ruf play LF. Brown play RF. Ravere CF. Let Mayberry backup all 3 spots. The wild care is not whether Brown can play. But if Ruf can play LF and hit 25-30 hrs. Now you have something. At least with Ravere out there, he can help out Ruf.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan1 View Post
    cant believe i am suggesting this, but would love to hear people's thoughts...i know they inquired about him early in the offseason, so unsure if its even possible...but what about Lance Berkman for RF? i know defensively and injury prone and all that stuff...but considering the options out there...if he is willing to play RF, which is a big if, he is the type of guy you can sign for a year and its low risk-high reward...he can be managed the way La Russa managed him in St. Louis...just thought it could be an intriguing option
    I think the reason why we've ignored your Lance Berkman suggestion is because we think its a huge reach. Not worth the risk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    I hopped on the Dylan Cozens train a few days ago. I would love for him to be ready by 2014-15, but he's a two sport athlete that has just committed to baseball full-time and is only 18.

He's got big time potential and only fell in the draft because he committed to play baseball/football at Arizona.....as a defensive end. Dude is a mammoth. Some people are comparing his athleticism/strength to Giancarlo Stanton.
    I would probably guess Cozens would be ready between 2016-2017 at some point. He is still very raw and based solely on body type, he may be forced to switch defensive positions at some point which could theoretically slow his development. He has the athleticism to play outfield, but if he puts too much muscle/weight on he might be forced to 1B.

Similar to LGJr in that regard, but from what I have read LG is more athletic for his size and has a better chance at: 1)Sticking in a corner outfield spot and 2)Moving up the the minors faster because of his more advanced approach at the plate.

vCash
    I'm seeing that Eithier is available possibly through trade. Is there any chance we go after him? I personally don't think so because he will cost too much, but rumor is that the Dodgers want either Bourn or Swisher to replace him.

vCash
    I personally hope we sign Swisher. 1st round picks in the major leagues are total crap shoots. Fact is Swisher hits for average, power, and most impressively can really get on base. Guy has one of the better eyes in the majors drawing a ton of walks. I really wish earlier in the off-season that Willingham deal had gone through though. That said get it done with Swisher! I agree about Ross not that much an improvement over what we already have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I'm seeing that Eithier is available possibly through trade. Is there any chance we go after him? I personally don't think so because he will cost too much, but rumor is that the Dodgers want either Bourn or Swisher to replace him.
    Costs a fortune, will cost us quite a few more prospects, and Ethier is a left handed bat. The guy is signed through 2018 on a mammoth contract no thank you that would really strap the Phillies.

vCash
    Im sorry I just dont see how an injury risk pitcher is more valuable then an everyday 5 hole hitter. i really think you guys are selling Ross short because of what he did to the phillies in 2010. Either that or you guys really over value Dom Brown's upside.

I just feel like if the Phils plan on making a run this year they need more consistant play out of the outfield then what Brown can offer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Philsforever View Post
    Im sorry I just dont see how an injury risk pitcher is more valuable then an everyday 5 hole hitter. i really think you guys are selling Ross short because of what he did to the phillies in 2010. Either that or you guys really over value Dom Brown's upside.

I just feel like if the Phils plan on making a run this year they need more consistant play out of the outfield then what Brown can offer
    Or you're overrating Ross because of what he did to the Phillies in 2010?

Given that this team could really use an offensive upgrade (especially if they don't use that money on a better pitcher than Lannan), I'd rather hope that Brown shows more of his upside then settle for a consistently vanilla-ish Cody Ross. That of course assumes that they spend this $8 million of budget elsewhere.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Amaro just said he is happy with a double platoon in outfield. Get ready for another long summer of low scoring baseball..........LEE and HALLADAY deserve better from this organization

vCash
    Amaro just said he is happy with a double platoon in outfield. Get ready for another long summer of low scoring baseball..........LEE and HALLADAY deserve better from this organization

vCash
    I think its time for Amaro to GO.

vCash
    I think its time for Amaro to GO.
    IF you fire RAJ and then brown/ruf work out, the 8th inning gets locked down or lee/halladay return to form how would you feel then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geo21874 View Post
    IF you fire RAJ and then brown/ruf work out, the 8th inning gets locked down or lee/halladay return to form how would you feel then?
    All I got out of that was IF......So what IF the offense struggles again and they dont win because they have no right handed power. And at end of year you lose utley ruiz halladay and young.

Then how would you feel knowing that each of the last 3 off-seasons Amaro passed on Beltre, Aramis Ramierez, and Hamilton

vCash
    At this point, you might as well let him ride it out with this core. Even if he did deserve to go now, it's not like you could bring someone else in and get results anytime soon. The core is too old to trade for quality prospects, and there aren't enough quality prospects to trade for star veterans. It's not as much a ringing endorsement of RAJ as it is saying that he got us into this "mess," let him worry about getting us out of it.

If it all comes crashing down two years from now, it will be fair to say it's time for a change, but I don't think bringing in a new GM now is going to change what will happen at that point.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    ^^^^Fair enough argument. I just dont understand how people defend him and cant see that this team is getting progressively worse every year.

I understand the idea of pitching wins championships, the giants have proved this, however the Giants also built a team around the strength of its ballpark. Being a pitchers park they built around pitching, defense, and speed.

What i dont get is why the Phillies having a Power hitters park refuses to build anything that utilizes the field to its advantage. Instead they have 1 legit power hitter.

I just dont understand this philosophy.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast