Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: WHO Next

vCash
    Ruben has a way of turning Lindblom + Martin into Aumont + Biddle (as an example of speculative parallelism).

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    They have several prospects who are only a few months of development away from being valuable. Granted, any number of them could backslide, but without making any trades, there should be plenty of ammunition for a major trade by next offseason at the latest.

None of the named players should be expensive in a mid-season trade. Think Lindblom + Martin.
    It's going to be a real interesting season. Even with the questionable offense and defense they can still get to the Wildcard as long as the SP's stay healthy.

If they repeat the 1st half of 2012 they can sell. A healthy Rollins, Cliff Lee or Halladay will garner interest from contenders.

vCash
    While I'd like Soriano in LF as an establish RH bat with pop, I'm honestly ok with opening the season with the corner platoons to see who, if anyone, will seize the opportunity to claim a full-time job.

If not, Soriano (along with a dozen other corner OF's) will still be available in June.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    While I'd like Soriano in LF as an establish RH bat with pop, I'm honestly ok with opening the season with the corner platoons to see who, if anyone, will seize the opportunity to claim a full-time job.

If not, Soriano (along with a dozen other corner OF's) will still be available in June.
    Hmmm, where have I heard this before? .

All kidding aside, part of me wishes we locked Werth up for 5/$70 before the end of 2010 , then we never would have had to trade valuable prospects for a lesser RF in Pence. I feel the same now, let's see what we have before we start making trades.

vCash
    Brandon Webb.

vCash
    Hed be a fine minor league signing. Dont expect him to stay healthy

vCash
    Last season after we got Utley and Howard back, granted not at 100%, we played better. We had a winning record after the trade deadline. Usually it takes a full year for a player to fully recover from an Achilles tear, so Howard going into this season should be healthy. Salisbury reported today they Utley is doing great. I also believe Cliff Lee and Halliday will be much better then last season, adding some speed in Revere if used at the top of the lineup will produce some more runs. I prefer to not make a trade just to make a trade. If its not Upton, or a young RH bat, I would stand pat and wait til July. Last time we had a platoon in the outfield was 1993, and most of us know what happen in 93', probably the best season of baseball in my lifetime.

If brown or ruff, produce early it will help when the trade deadline comes around,, he will be less desperate and maybe this time won't have to trade the farm away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sev66 View Post
    Last season after we got Utley and Howard back, granted not at 100%, we played better. We had a winning record after the trade deadline.
    Everyone keeps pointing to the great 2nd half by the Phillies, but guess what? After the deadline the Braves, Giants & Brewers still had a better record while the Nationals & Reds matched the Phillies record (35-24). They need to play better than that. Over the summer the Nationals & Braves both improved while the Phillies, with all due respect to Mike Adams, did virtually nothing to improve.

The Phillies need a miracle to contend. They need both the Braves and Nat's to get struck by the injury bug. They need Utley & Howard to bounce back to 2009 levels. They need both Lee & Halladay to stay healthy and pitch as they did in 2011.

It's possible that this team overcomes the putrid fielding and poor hitting and wins 95 games, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Delmon Young?

vCash
    Hes trash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Hes trash
    He's also being considered by Ruben.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...mon_Young.html

Edit: Sorry, someone reported it already in the offseason thread.
    Last edited by k_dol50; 01-22-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    The Braves don't have an elite roster. They have good depth at most positions and as a result shouldn't lose more than 81 games. But they could easily put together a performance similar to 2011, which the Phillies won't need a "miracle" to better.

I don't disagree that the odds are stacked against Philly, but it's not so bad as you suggest.

Delmon Young is not the answer. Unless the question you are asking is: How can I make this team more racist?
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Unfortunately, the braves are close to acquiring Justin Upton to go with BJ Upton and Heyward in a terrific young outfield. Given the status of young heading into their prime players on Nationals and Braves and age of our roster and weakness of our Minor leagues, I predict it will be a Minimum of 5 years before we see the pet season again and i would be surprised if we don't see the playoffs again before the year 2020.

vCash
    Obviously I mean post season not pet season.

vCash
    Adding JUpton would be a huge score for the Braves roster. Although they'll have to give up some of their pitching depth and some talented position prospects (if not Simmons).
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    and the braves go and try to get better and the phillies sign wait for it Delmon Young going to be a long season for the phils

Sports fans check out my website www.teamtakeum.com NFL ATS picks posted here

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast