Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: WHO Next

vCash
    So Cody Ross has signed with the D'Backs and supposedly we are looking attttt....RAUL IBANEZ lol...Phillies Nation is the one reporting this

vCash
    That's old news. As I understand it, we're interested in letting him compete with Nix for a bench job.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Funny how Phils fans didnt think Ross was an upgrade over D Brown, yet Arizona has Ross as an upgrade over Kubel, who Phils fans now want.

I just cant connect the dots.

vCash
    Yeah, Ross is older (31), more expensive (little over a million more), and seems to provide similar production. Unless is defensive is worth 1million more than Kubel's, this deal doesn't make much sense to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    That's not what I understand. Aderall helps with focus. Per Jayson Stark, scouts were amazed last year how Chooch was on top of everything. It seemed as if nothing fooled him. Aderall would certainly help with that.

Of course, I'm referencing a radio interview on 97.5. Do you have an article that led you to believe its more beneficial to stamina? I could be wrong.

Note: Could you be thinking of steroids? The misconception with steroids is that the baseball benefit is that it adds to a players strength. Actually, it limits the period where they are normally tired (stamina). In the case of Bonds, less tired means more home runs.
    It looks like it's a combination of focus and energy/stamina. This article cites another one from the Seattle Times that details the competitive advantages of Adderall

"It masks fatigue, masks pain, increases arousal like being in The Zone," Wadler told Stone. "It increases alertness, aggressiveness, attention and concentration. It improves reaction time, especially when fatigued. Some think it enhances hand-eye coordination. Some believe it increases the mental aspects of performance."
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p...181219721.html

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    My understanding is that the Adderall would have affected his stamina/energy level more than his actual hitting ability. I think that he has legitimately improved in terms of making contact and driving the ball. The question is whether he will be able to do it on a consistent basis and whether he'll still be able to catch four out of every five games. Putting him back in the 8 hole would be a waste, though, IMO.
    Adderall boosts energy level. He could drink 4 Red Bulls and get the same effect.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Philsforever View Post
    Funny how Phils fans didnt think Ross was an upgrade over D Brown, yet Arizona has Ross as an upgrade over Kubel, who Phils fans now want.

I just cant connect the dots.
    Too bad the Dbags traded Jarrod Parker, RP Cook, others to OAK for Cahill. Don't compete. Give away Stephen Drew to OAK..only to trade their CF Chris Young to OAK for cliff Pennington. Big whoop...they got Cody Ross.

What kind of dots are those?

Whatever Arizona does, we should be happy they did it, and not us.

vCash
    I would only look at Kubel if the Phillies have given up on Brown. His defense is so bad that it erodes almost all of his offensive value. He could be an interesting no-defense platoon with Ruf though, but the cost is too high.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    So Cody Ross has signed with the D'Backs and supposedly we are looking attttt....RAUL IBANEZ lol...Phillies Nation is the one reporting this
    Raul signed with the Mariners, so that's off the table.

Scott Hairston, anyone?

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    swisher to indians......inconsistant offense to the phillies

great job ruben. Pitching staff will have best era and offense will score fewer runs then most

vCash
    I see you've posted this in every thread. However, I don't think you've posted anything about this in the 2010 Game Threads yet. Shall I dig some up for you?

vCash
    ATeam....pipe dream or any kind of chance at blockbuster with zone knowing that they now have kubel, upton, eaton, ross, parra in the OF

kubel shouldnt take much to get im assuming???
    but upton, 25 year old, who we all know is perfect for the phils would cost bunches.

some teams may still value dom brown greatly...we could have gotten anything for him a couple years ago...maybe hes great, maybe hes avg, maybe he blows but def hasnt been given a chance. thats for sure. didnt he break his hamet bone too when he was finally gonna be a regular last year. no argument can be made on tht bc we havent seen a full year of him

but..... any chance at all we could give up a bunchhhhhh (might as well at this point) for kubel and upton together

IE: Brown, Ruf, Biddle, Colvin, Greene, Joseph, Valle, Martin for the pair

1) SS---Rollins (S)
    2) 2B---Utley (L)
    3) 3B---Young (R)
    4) 1B---Howard (L)
    5) RF---Upton (R)
    6) LF---Kubel (L)
    7) C---Ruiz (R)
    8) CF---Revere (L)
    9) P---Pitcher

Rotation: 1) Hamels 2) Halladay 3) Lee 4) Kendrick 5) Lannan

Bullpen: CL) Papelbon RHP: 1) Adams 2) Aumont 3) De Fratus 4) Stutes LHP: 1)Bastardo 2) Horst

worst case scenario we have young cheap outfield with a chance Ruf pans out to 25-30 bombs and dom gets his opportunity. theres no argument on the dom thing. believe me, im not a die hard dom brown fan by any means at all. just being realistic here cause its the truth. best case: Ruf=25 hrs, Brown 20/80/.275...or something around there

but with this trade we would be sickkkkkkk and no draft picks gone, and the contracts are great for us.

only guys in system i really would like to def keep are Quinn, Cozens, Asche

but if you give them up just do it for that package. well be celebrating if we stay healthy.

sorry for the book but please read and respond bc it may have no shot, but its not a pipe dream. love you all. phillies nation thru the ups and downs.

vCash
    I don't see that package matching up with the DBacks. It would have to be a 3 team trade. I also don't like it from the Phillies perspective.

vCash
    maybe we trade less than i was trying to be realistic. but if theres a way to get kubel and upton you have to do it, dont you agree??

C) Ruiz
    1B) Howard
    2B) Utley
    SS) Rollins
    ***3B) Young
    ***LF) Kubel
    ***CF) Revere
    ***RF) Upton ****new players

so perfect brother, so perfect.

maybe package is too much but take a couple out and we can still get it done do it. team could do big things.

vCash
    I think instead of so perfect u meant so ridiculous. Trading 8 guys for essentially upton, as I don't find kubel very appealing. Also you could end up with someone better or as good as kubel with either brown/ruf. I just don't like it.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast