Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    the difference is Pops is nto going to tell him to go shooting 3 pointers and spend his time at the free trhow line.
    He still has the 19 and 10 in him (just check the olympics)

but not playing the Bargnani role .
    I guess that's true. Not to mention monitoring his minutes better.

vCash
    I think you guys should work on Rudy Gay for Stephen Jackson, Danny Green, & Dejuan Blair. I think the Grizz would go for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffsFan View Post
    I think you guys should work on Rudy Gay for Stephen Jackson, Danny Green, & Dejuan Blair. I think the Grizz would go for that.
    brilliant. if we could get speights or aurthor too that would be amazing.

vCash
    Whats Rudy Gays contract #s?

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTmz2 View Post
    Whats Rudy Gays contract #s?
    Too big and they wouldn't take two role players and an expiring for him anyways. They'd want either a lottery pick or a young player with high potential in return. Spurs wouldn't have a shot at him without including Kawhi, and Rudy Gay isn't good enough to blow up the team + ruin cap space for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Report: Spurs interested in Oden
    Written by Kyle Boenitz

Anyone willing to take a chance on Greg Oden at this point is just going off potential. They know the risks. They know there’s a strong possibility he won’t ever even make it back to the court to play a full season.

But they also know the rewards. He’s a big body with talent worthy of the number one overall pick. His frequent injuries have kept him from ever showing off his full capabilities, but there’s hope that he may get back there someday.

Last week when word was out that Oden was planning his comeback, Project Spurs started to draw up scenarios that would put the former Ohio State superstar in the silver and black. Now it’s actually starting to look like more of a real possibility.

“Part of Oden’s plan is to sign with a team in the next month and get into a training and conditioning program with an eye toward returning to the floor next season. The Celtics are among the teams monitoring Oden’s progress, and sources tell CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman that the Spurs and Cavaliers have expressed interest, too.”

There are also reports floating around out there that the Miami Heat are interested too. Teams know what they’ll be getting if they sign Greg Oden, but it’s also not hard to see that quality big men are hard to come by these days. The risk might be worth the potential payoff.

The San Antonio Spurs, who have been hoping to solve their big man troubles for a long time, went out and signed Aron Baynes, but there’s no guarantees that he’ll work out in the NBA. They could be looking at Oden as a potential “Plan B” in case Baynes can’t cut it against the world’s best talent.

I always wanted to see Oden get healthy and play for the Trail Blazers since they used their number one pick on him when they could have had Kevin Durant. It was such a shame that the pick went to waste. But the Blazers got tired of waiting for him to get healthy and they let him go. Now we wait and see if some other team finally gets to reap the reward of a healthy Greg Oden.
    http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-art...d-in-oden.html

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    So I felt this thread needed a refresh after 2 weeks. We are looking really good this year (once again), so I am just checking to see where people stand on trades. I would say that I doubt that there will be a move (even Blair) but here are a few people I could live with moving as long as it solidified our future and didn't blow up our team this year.

Jackson - Major contract, having possibly the worst shooting season of his career, most likely his final year with us, almost impossible for him to reproduce the postseason of last year, and his defense will not be greatly missed. All of this said, he does provide some intangibles - grittiness, understanding of role, flashes of solid play, playoff potential. I think we only move him if we get a strong player that will be a part of our core in the next few years.

Neal - d is lacking, small for the 2, struggling to run point, desirable because of range and shooting ability, easy contract to move either by itself or as a bigger deal, 3pt shooting volume is up but percentage is down (not unusual). Still he offers us that range which is important for our system and even though some of his 23 minutes could easily go to Mills and DeColo, they couldn't effectively replace him at this point.

Blair - no need to make my points on this one. I will say that he still offers us the value of having a player familiar with the system. And he offers something in brut force, that we don't have with any of our other players. He is the most likely to be traded if something does happen.

Finally, I don't see anyone else getting moved at this point. Bonner, Joseph, Mills, DeColo, and Diaw have less value than what they are worth to the spurs. These guys would only serve as salary match. As for Splitter, he is our only other chip and I would need to see a really good deal to part with him. That said, it wouldn't bother me as long as we had a strong big in return.

Options:
    Smith is possibly on the block in ATL. Interested? Willing to pay him max money? How much are you willing to give in a trade - 1st or Splitter or Green? We have an in with Ferry but is he going to take the money and is he worth it.

Jazz may still move a big. Are they worth the risk? Do they actually make us better now or in the long run?

Deadline is coming up, so I just thought I would pick your brains about what you would like to see the Spurs do or not do.

vCash
    If I'm the Spurs, I wouldn't mind getting in on the Grizz-Raptors deal to get Calderon. I don't think Memphis would be open to making the Spurs stronger, but it'd be worth a shot to build it around Jackson for Calderon. Probably makes the defense worse, but Calderon backing up Parker would make the second unit offense run so much smoother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    HA! This is exactly what I thought after I posted the other piece. What if the spurs are 3rd team. Calderon could also fill in at the 2 and have Green shift to the 3. He could replace the shooting of Jackson and a Jackson & Blair/Neal move would also free up a spot for Oden. Which is the new rumor. Great minds think alike, you just had the guts to post it.

vCash
    Well there was interest from the Warriors last year for Blair, and it looks like there still is. But doesn't look like a deal will happen...

The Warriors would love to get their hands on Denver's Timofey Mosgov, or even San Antonio's DeJuan Blair. But acquiring worthy help would require the Warriors to part with someone they like. Golden State would much rather stand pat.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/...en-states-sole

vCash
    GSW has a trade exemption. They could take Blair straight up. That would then give us a 1.05 exemption. That and a 2nd would be awesome in my opinion. Would also free up a slot for Oden. And we won't need to worry about minutes now since Baynes is a superstar in the making .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffes Rule View Post
    If I'm the Spurs, I wouldn't mind getting in on the Grizz-Raptors deal to get Calderon. I don't think Memphis would be open to making the Spurs stronger, but it'd be worth a shot to build it around Jackson for Calderon. Probably makes the defense worse, but Calderon backing up Parker would make the second unit offense run so much smoother.
    While I agree that Calderon would help run the 2nd unit better than Neal or Mills, giving up Jackson for him would be a horrible idea. Yes Jax has played like crap so far this season, but losing his toughness and depth at SF would be more negative than positive.

vCash
    Doesn't matter at this point anyways. However, Green can easily slide to the three. He doesn't quite produce as well there, but neither does the competition. So it is almost a wash. I don't agree that it would be negative, but it wouldn't be extremely positive. Losing size and chemistry usually isn't helpful at this stage of the game. I am hoping Jackson picks it up but still believe that he won't reproduce last years playoff numbers, so hopefully something is different from last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    Doesn't matter at this point anyways. However, Green can easily slide to the three. He doesn't quite produce as well there, but neither does the competition. So it is almost a wash. I don't agree that it would be negative, but it wouldn't be extremely positive. Losing size and chemistry usually isn't helpful at this stage of the game. I am hoping Jackson picks it up but still believe that he won't reproduce last years playoff numbers, so hopefully something is different from last year.
    Hell no, don't you remember when Green played the 3 earlier this season? He was downright dreadful. He struggled guarding opposing Sf's and his shot went completely M.I.A.

I'm still 100% against trading S-Jax (unless you are getting some star in return). I have a feeling he is just coasting right now. Jack has proved more often than not that he can "still make love to pressure" in the PO. His toughness is something we need. You don't trade him especially for a small when we already have a log jam there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    GSW has a trade exemption. They could take Blair straight up. That would then give us a 1.05 exemption. That and a 2nd would be awesome in my opinion. Would also free up a slot for Oden. And we won't need to worry about minutes now since Baynes is a superstar in the making .
    That's true, plus we could just ask for a 2nd round draft pick at this point so they don't have to give anything up...

But yea, Oden isn't coming here. Looks like it's between Miami and Cleveland for him unfortunately.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast