Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

San Antonio Spurs @ Cleveland Cavaliers

San Antonio Spurs @ Cleveland Cavaliers

Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
    February 13, 2013, 6:00 PM Spurs Time
    TV: FSSW - RADIO: 1200 AM WOAI

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    I was actually hoping that Pop would rest the big three tonight, just bring them back after the allstar break. But oh well, looks like a shutout tonight.

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Leonard Gives Spurs Glimpse of The Future

As star-deficient as they could possibly be and still qualify as an NBA team, the Spurs finished off a 103-89 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Monday night.

About 35 minutes later, man of the hour Kawhi Leonard emerged from the United Center showers and slowly began to dress.

Finding himself the Spurs’ top scoring option through attrition Monday, the second-year small forward put in a career-high 26 points, ringleading a victory over the Eastern Conference’s fourth-best team that came with Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and now Tony Parker sidelined.

The NBA is still a star’s league. Monday, the 21-year-old Leonard was that guy for the Spurs, surpassing his previous career high of 24 points, which came last season at Portland with the team similarly shorthanded.

“He’s a guy we’re trying to expand his game, but we don’t know what direction to go in,” Popovich said. “He’s a really talented kid. He really wants to be a great player. Tonight, you saw some of that.”

http://www.hoopsworld.com/leonard-gi...of-the-future/

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    I'm glad to see Duncan and Manu back. I know they could've played already but Pop is playing it safe.

This at least ensures Duncan will be in the all star game, I thought for sure they'd need to replace him.

vCash
    • San Antonio’s defense has forced at least 15 turnovers in 27 games and are 23-4 in those games.

• Cleveland is 6-3 mark over their last nine games at Quicken Loans Arena.

• Cleveland’s bench is averaging 44.3 points over the last six games.

• Cleveland is averaging 12.6 offensive rebounds per game, which is good for the 8th-most in the NBA this season.

• Cleveland has tied or had fewer turnovers than their opponents in 22 of their last 26 games.
    projectspurs.com

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    You guys should be able to handle us pretty easily tonight. Zeller is playing awful down low and opposing bigs are pushing him around with ease. He's definitely hit the rookie wall. If he ends up on Duncan at all tonight it's going to be ugly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    You guys should be able to handle us pretty easily tonight. Zeller is playing awful down low and opposing bigs are pushing him around with ease. He's definitely hit the rookie wall. If he ends up on Duncan at all tonight it's going to be ugly.
    I think you're selling your guys short! They've been solid lately. But Pop is also seemingly playing his guys sparingly , a lot more subbing in/out than usual. The Zeller/Thomson have had the upper hand thus far in the game.

vCash
    Kawhi playing with so much confidence this road trip. Looks like pop gave him the green light.

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTmz2 View Post
    Kawhi playing with so much confidence this road trip. Looks like pop gave him the green light.
    I'm glad... Gives us another legitimate play-maker if TP doesn't have it going (though he always has it going it seems these days)

vCash
    Man what game!

vCash
    Not the prettiest win but we'll take it. Kawhi keeps showing some good signs of improvement

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    i was thinking about that during the game. Maybe its time for pop to draw more plays for kawhi. Make him that 2nd guy!

^

(During NBA lockout)

vCash
    Congrats on the win fellas. You guys have a damn good team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Congrats on the win fellas. You guys have a damn good team.
    Thanks man~

I thought ya'll had that. For it to come down to that, with the way Kyrie struggled was very impressive. I was glad that Waiters didn't get the last shot, I have a feeling he would've hit it... I'm shocked Byron had Kyrie get the ball that high with only a few seconds left