Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yep definitely not, he apparently lobbied for Gose to be in the deal so he'd have a lead-off man and CF but they were denied and got Noah instead(awesome, sorry Terry)
    I really wanted Gose....woulda solved two big holes....with only Bourn as a free agent SAhas a tough next step to take...cannot compete with Tejada as leadoff hitter.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    The Keith Hernandez trade was one of the biggest robberies in baseball history. Certainly the biggest one the Mets ever pulled.

vCash
    If your trying to build a winner it takes more than 1 year. And, often time, the worse moves are made when trying to solve every problem.

If you improve team every year, the team will win. Quite franky, I like the inclusion Syndegaard better than Gose, because in the long run Syndegaard will win more games than Gose. Cowgill may very well be aas good as Gose especially in Citifield where his power potential won't translate.

The Mets are unlikely to compete in 2013, so who cares who leads off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    I really wanted Gose....woulda solved two big holes....with only Bourn as a free agent SAhas a tough next step to take...cannot compete with Tejada as leadoff hitter.
    He really isn't that good.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I don't care if he's happy.
    Nor do I.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    The Keith Hernandez trade was one of the biggest robberies in baseball history. Certainly the biggest one the Mets ever pulled.
    I wouldn't say that. Jose oquendo was there a long time and niel Allen was pretty darn good.

vCash
    Oquendo wasn't part of the Hernandez trade. Allen was exceedingly meh....the trade was highway robbery.

-Stork

vCash
    The year 2013 may be a repeat of 1983...we started that year with a weak team that lost over 90 games but but by mid-summer we made a foundation trade for Keith Hernandez, my favorite Met all time, and watched young Darryl Strawberry debut...one writer likened watching him as to watching a baby deer learning how to walk minutes after birth.

Doc was started at A ball and moved to AAA that summer. A wave of kids was just about to arrive [Darling, Aguilera, Elster, Mitchell, Dykstra, Myers, etc.] to join a young core at Shea. Watching a TDA and Harvey and later Wheeler develop and join neophytes like Familia, Edgin, Carson, Nieuwenhuis and Mejia could create the same feeling...knowing that WFlores, Nimmo, Montero, etc. are on the horizon....seeing the pieces unfold before your eyes and knowing that we were going to be real good, real soon. It will make for an interesting summer.
    I may be wrong, but my memory tells me, Doc came straight up from A ball never pitched above that level, until joining the Mets out of spring training in 84.

vCash
    We just don't have another phenom like Darryl Strawberry coming through that door anytime soon. We do possibly have another Gooden on the horizon if Wheeler lives up to all this hype but Dwight was really in a class all his own down in Lynchburg in '83.

vCash
    Someone tell me what's so amazing about Terry Collins please?

He is a pretty bad in-game manager, specifically with the pen and late inning decisions on offense. He has overseen 2 straight horrific 2nd half collapses. And he has very little filter with the media.

I've got nothing against the guy, but he has not been anything special. My guess is, unless the 2013 team actually overachieves and wins 85 or so games, he will be replaced.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash

2013: A 1983 Redux

The expectations have been so low that to some he has overachieve, reality is this team was bad, but not horrifically bad.

Terry has been very much like Jerry as far as managing goes.

vCash
    And like Jerry, he's nothing special.

I was never a big Backman guy, but I think with the recent Dickey trade and move towards a youth push, he may really end up being manager in 2014.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    The year 2013 may be a repeat of 1983...we started that year with a weak team that lost over 90 games but but by mid-summer we made a foundation trade for Keith Hernandez, my favorite Met all time, and watched young Darryl Strawberry debut...one writer likened watching him as to watching a baby deer learning how to walk minutes after birth.

Doc was started at A ball and moved to AAA that summer. A wave of kids was just about to arrive [Darling, Aguilera, Elster, Mitchell, Dykstra, Myers, etc.] to join a young core at Shea. Watching a TDA and Harvey and later Wheeler develop and join neophytes like Familia, Edgin, Carson, Nieuwenhuis and Mejia could create the same feeling...knowing that WFlores, Nimmo, Montero, etc. are on the horizon....seeing the pieces unfold before your eyes and knowing that we were going to be real good, real soon. It will make for an interesting summer.
    Could possible be, but really don't know how good some of our minor league talent is until they make it to the majors, if they can make it at all.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    We just don't have another phenom like Darryl Strawberry coming through that door anytime soon. We do possibly have another Gooden on the horizon if Wheeler lives up to all this hype but Dwight was really in a class all his own down in Lynchburg in '83.
    Yep SS. We don't have any monster impact or superstar talent that we had back in the '80's.

So, not having a Straw or Doc in the system ala Harper and Strasburg will delay our growth.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Jose oquendo was there a long time and niel Allen was pretty darn good.
    Respectfully disagree.

What Keith accomplished with the Mets pales in comparison to what Oquendo and Allen did.

Actually, it's like comparing night and day.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast