Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Honestly lets hope not. He seems to play his worst when he tries to out perform the opposing PG.
    Yup. Plenty of unforced turnovers and him playing at 100 miles an hour is what I'd expect if he tries to pull that machismo crap again. I love Felton, but you can tell certain games when he's trying to one up the other PG. That's why he looked awful against D-will. It's just his bravado I guess, and while I enjoy the fact he's a little pitbull and very confident in his ability, he better get the other teammates involved and not play a lot of 1 on 1 streetball tonight. He sometimes thinks he's Melo out there when he gets into Iso mode, except he has half of Melo's scoring abilities.

As long as he plays at a nice pace, he should have an excellent game.

vCash
    Lin should getting a standing O we expected nothing from him. Linsanity was a once in a lifetime thing hopefully the Garden fans remember that.

vCash
    I can't believe any of you would even think of booing Lin. I was amazed at that 2 week stretch and I'm not even a Knicks fan! If I was at a game at MSG during one of those games I would have literally **** my pants. He gave Knicks fans something to be excited about in, I don't know, 10-15 years since the Ewing days? It's not like he did any malicious which some of you seem to think (and I don't know why, cause it's been disproven countless times). All he did was sign a contract that the Knicks blatantly told him they would match and some of you are mad at him for that because you think he went to Morey and said "increase it so it will screw the Knicks over". Hahahha! That's so preposterous that it's laughable.

People who boo are probably the people I would give a nice punch to the face if I met them walking the streets in real life.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Look our team is better now - FACT
    Lin did great things during that 2 week stretch and I see no reason to boo him.

I was at the Utah game, that **** was crazy. That being said, Im so happy we have Felton over Lin, even though Felton can go crazy at times, he isn't as inconsistent and I trust him against tough defenses in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Lin deserves the biggest ovation ever, thank you for leaving our team, thank you for not giving us yet another horrible contract. Good luck Lin, you are going to need it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    Very interesting thread with some intriguing points to them on both sides of the argument.

TO Knicks91---It's hard to argue with anything you said; you made some excellent points but I i will say Lin shouldn't be compared to Tebow- Lin is a serviceable player in this league and can start on some teams. I don't think Timmy has that capability in him, so as far as skillsets go (even though it's very hard to compare players from different sports,) Lin to me is head and shoulders above Tim Tebow.

I will say though, and not to generalize, there seems to be a division on this forum and it all stems from the age groups of Knicks posters. Anyone can correct me here if I'm wrong, but it seems like the old school fans who have been watching this team since the 70's,80's or early 90's view Lin in a COMPLETELY different perspective than those that have been watching for say 8 to 10 years.

I think the older fans are a bit more insouciant to what Lin did here because we've seen some pretty incredible basketball played at the Garden. As loud as the ovations were during Linsanity (I was at the Utah game when he got his first start and Melo injured himself 1st quarter) the ovations were even louder during the mid 90's and I can confirm that because I went to several playoff games with my pops back than (he had boxseats for almost 25 years, lucky G.)
    Good post. I think Starks was a more captivating story. Dude when from bagging groceries to getting a workout with the Knicks and only by a crazy rule had to remain on the team all the way to dunking on the greatest player of all time in the playoffs at a critical point in the game. He shot us out of the Finals the next year but he put so much into that love/hate relationship.

We had the Spreewell Redemption, the 99 Cinderella Team, Queens own Mason becoming a star here...the list goes on. So many stories, so many guys who made their bones in the playoffs during wars with Chicago, Indiana and Miami that I find it hard to wax poetic over something that happened in the middle of season for 7 games and disappeared. No playoff memories...nothing. It just came and went.

vCash
    ^^Seriously, my bad. It took me like 5 minutes to write I didn't think it'd be THAT long. Jesus
    LOL. I do that all the time. Have one point to make then go off on a tangent and write an essay for everyone. I do think you are probably on to something as far as age goes. I was born in '88 so while I was a hoops head from the womb, my first legit memories watching Knicks start with H20's buzzer beater.

Honestly, I think the best thing to do for the beginning of this game would be a generally nice clap followed by relentless booing (for the whole Rocket team - Lin included) after the tip.

Do we need to give him a standing O? Nah.....boo him? Nah....
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    LOL. I do that all the time. Have one point to make then go off on a tangent and write an essay for everyone. I do think you are probably on to something as far as age goes. I was born in '88 so while I was a hoops head from the womb, my first legit memories watching Knicks start with H20's buzzer beater.

Honestly, I think the best thing to do for the beginning of this game would be a generally nice clap followed by relentless booing (for the whole Rocket team - Lin included) after the tip.

Man THE DUNK would have made you a Starks fan for life...plus H20's buzzer beater was even sweeter since they hosed us the year before on the Charile Ward flip and suspended the whole squad.

vCash

You're one of the most knowledgeable posters on here, so to me age is somewhat irrelevant (unless you're 12 and posting here,) you can tell pretty quickly who knows their basketball on this forum. BUt the emotional attachment to certain players, well I can see division in that based on age.

And I agree with Knicks91, you were born a couple years too late bro. I can tell you enjoy the X's and O's of the game and what players are doing off the ball. Those teams in the 90's weren't too talented but they played with such a level of heart and intensity that I've never witnessed before.

I totally agree on the Lin move also, a nice applause/silent clap during his intro followed by a chorus of boos for the remainder of the game would seem about right. We're knick fans, we're normally jerks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    Man THE DUNK would have made you a Starks fan for life...plus H20's buzzer beater was even sweeter since they hosed us the year before on the Charile Ward flip and suspended the whole squad.
    I remember the PJ - Ward flip. You are also probably right about Starks being a more captivating story - mostly because of the fact he had such a long and successful career as a Knick and wasn't a flash in the pan for us. I'm big on dudes who play with their heart on their sleeve like Starks - which is why I'm big on JR and Felton.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    You're one of the most knowledgeable posters on here, so to me age is somewhat irrelevant (unless you're 12 and posting here,) you can tell pretty quickly who knows their basketball on this forum. BUt the emotional attachment to certain players, well I can see division in that based on age.

And I agree with Knicks91, you were born a couple years too late bro. I can tell you enjoy the X's and O's of the game and what players are doing off the ball. Those teams in the 90's weren't too talented but they played with such a level of heart and intensity that I've never witnessed before.

I totally agree on the Lin move also, a nice applause/silent clap during his intro followed by a chorus of boos for the remainder of the game would seem about right. We're knick fans, we're normally jerks.
    Something along the lines of "thanks for the two weeks, now its time to get beat down"

And because of MSG and the replay of games I have been lucky enough to see a ton of games from that era, mostly the '94 season. Its amazing how that team was able to scrap out W's with their lack of offensive talent. Its a shame Ewing never had that legitimate #2.

vCash
    All of you guys who are saying they would boo this kid or that he has an ego are full of crap!! Lin was the reaon we made the playoffs last year and was one of the best NY sport stories ever. It was a real life Rocky story about a humble guy that was written off and given a shot at the big time. Every single one of us cheered this kid on and was grateful for what he bought to this team. Get over yourselves and give the kid the applause that he deserves. Once he gets his thank you from us, then it's game on and we need to take out the Rockets with no mercy. Too many ungrateful Azz Holes in this world!!!

vCash
    If you boo him when his name is announced it says a lot about you.
    Do it when its actually Game time.

vCash
    If i could some how command the fan in MSG i would have them applaud his entrance upon announcement, then after that he becomes Reggie miller hated. And i'm pretty sure thats how it will go, New Yorkers hold grudges its just how we are built unfortunately for Lin he is going to probably get booed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCEVO8 View Post
    If i could some how command the fan in MSG i would have them applaud his entrance upon announcement, then after that he becomes Reggie miller hated. And i'm pretty sure thats how it will go, New Yorkers hold grudges its just how we are built unfortunately for Lin he is going to probably get booed.
    THAT IS reasonable because you are booing the Rockets, regardless if he is on it. But I bet tons of *******s will boo him when his name is announced, which just shows how much of a prick they are.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast