Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    You can cheer, give a standing O, or whatever else you want to do. But I think only playing 20 games as a Knick and not playing at 85% during the playoffs when a team needs you most, doesn't mean you derserve or you should get a standing O or a loud ovation. So Felt, I respectfully disagree even though you're just being politically correct.
    Bingo!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    He did nothing of the sort for me. I will boo him loudly because he was the reason Mike D stayed around for another 15 games and hurt our playoff positioning.
    LMAO WHAT?

Without Lin we would have never made the playoffs, another losing streak would have been too debilitating.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    If I was there I would be booing him. He left the knicks in a bad shape PG wise but it turned into a blessing. Now he is showing that he was a flash in the pan. He is a rotation player but not an all-star savior take him over melo some posters where saying here. He can't play with Harden do we really think he would've worked with Melo? Good for him he got paid you were a knick for 40 games. Do we cheer for duhon when he came back? He played 2 full seasons here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks2307 View Post
    LMAO WHAT?

Without Lin we would have never made the playoffs, another losing streak would have been too debilitating.
    Or we don't go on that winning streak... Mike (D) gets fired sooner Woody takes over and we maybe dont see the heat int he first round and make it to the second?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    I'm not gonna keep arguing about an overrated ego player who's no longer here (thank God). Like I said, from not even trying to play in the playoffs, to what he did with the offer sheets, he definitely proved to be a me first player in my eyes. He doesn't deserve to be cheered at all. If you have another opinion fine, but not everyone has to agree with you.
    Not saying we have to agree or share the same opinion. But lets not pretend like the kid is an ego machine because he wanted to get paid the most a team would offer for his first NBA contract - like - you know - every single player in pro sports does.

I don't blame him for not coming back early off knee surgery during an unwinnable 0-3 series deficit in a contract year, but you can choose to do so. My brother just had the same knee surgery Lin/Brewer had and tried to go back to work after 3 weeks, went back to soon and has been bedridden for the past 2 weeks and can barely walk, and he reinjured it climbing ladders not playing NBA basketball. Lets not pretend like we know the details of his injury.

The hate seems to stem beyond legitimate reasoning. I truly can understand guys getting sick of all the hype, but is media hype really a reason to hate the player himself?
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    goes without saying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    LOL Lebron, Wade, and Bosh could've made much more money going their separate ways, but they chose to take less to play together. Lin decided to take the money and play for an inferior team. It was also the way he did it. It's not like he went to the Rockets, they gave him an outrageous offer and the Knicks declined. He gave the Knicks the first offer sheet, the Knicks matched it, then he blind-sided the Knicks by going back to Houston and getting more. That shows what a money hungry ego-maniac he is.
    You make it sound like Lin had a choice. He was a RESTRICTED Free agent, NOT a true Free Agent. He gets a contract, Knicks match or they don't. Lin had NO OFFER in hand, and if he turned down the Rockets offer sheet, he has to either talk to other teams (and get potentially less money), or if NO other teams want to put a sheet out, he ends up making $900K for the year. He was NOT allowed to renegotiate a contract with the Knicks under the CBA once he had a qualifying offer from the Knicks.

And he did NOT blindside the Knicks. In multiple interviews afterward, Daryl Morey said that it was 100% the decision of Morey and Alexander to increase the offer because they had NO Point Guard. Lowry had been traded, and they couldn't reach an agreement with Dragic.

There was no "going behind" anyone's back. There were rumors of an initial offer, the Knicks went into the media saying 100% they would match, the Rockets lost Dragic and re-did the offer to give them the best chance of securing Lin. And even then, Morey said he was 95% sure that the Knicks would match, but they had to try.

3 years/$25M vs $900k. It's a no brainer.

As D-Leethal said, I just don't understand so much hostility towards Lin. It wasn't just after he went to the Rockets, but even when he was a Knick there were plenty of people who were bashing on him.

He plays basketball and that's all he tries to do.

He didn't create the hype, the media did. He didn't write the articles. He turned down most of advertisers who came to him seeking endorsements and a ton of interviews. And in every interview he talks about how his success is due to his team mates if he does well, and blames himself for every loss no matter how well he plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    Or we don't go on that winning streak... Mike (D) gets fired sooner Woody takes over and we maybe dont see the heat int he first round and make it to the second?
    This is too speculative to even speculate. Without Lin, does Woody have this team go on a 7 game winning streak without Melo/STAT? Does Woody go to his bench or stick with Bibby/Douglas? Do we win at the same clip to end the season without Lin?

I mean, you can't just assume Mike D gets canned earlier (how early? how many more losses without Linsanity?), can't assume we have that 7-1 Woodsanity stretch without Lin etc...

Too many assumptions to go that route.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Last I checked we had a superstar on our team during those 6 out of 7 losses too who wasn't there for the 7 out of 8 wins that preceded it.

Really not interested in starting a Lin debate, really just don't get the straight hate for the kid. I understand the have gotten fed up with the hype and hoopla but some guys here have hate for the kid that runs way deeper than that.

Yea the Lin debates are tired and have been beaten to death. It's damn near the same as the Tebow thing - you don't even have to have an ill feeling towards the guy himself but the people who go to bat for him are annoying as all hell.

The problem with that team last year was the coach and the unwillingness to design a system that worked as well for his best players and is did for the end of the bench guys. When we took the same exact personnel and put them in a new system, we finished 18-6 even though there were still some substantial injuries along the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Not saying we have to agree or share the same opinion. But lets not pretend like the kid is an ego machine because he wanted to get paid the most a team would offer for his first NBA contract - like - you know - every single player in pro sports does.

I don't blame him for not coming back early off knee surgery during an unwinnable 0-3 series deficit in a contract year, but you can choose to do so. My brother just had the same knee surgery Lin/Brewer had and tried to go back to work after 3 weeks, went back to soon and has been bedridden for the past 2 weeks and can barely walk, and he reinjured it climbing ladders not playing NBA basketball. Lets not pretend like we know the details of his injury.

The hate seems to stem beyond legitimate reasoning. I truly can understand guys getting sick of all the hype, but is media hype really a reason to hate the player himself?
    I don't have blind hatred for him. It's how I really feel. I feel he put himself above the team at the end. I feel he got greedy and stabbed the Knicks in the back. It's not like they offered him chump change. They offered him a very reasonable contract for a guy who was still a big risk because he is still very unproven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    He didn't create the hype, the media did. He didn't write the articles. He turned down most of advertisers who came to him seeking endorsements and a ton of interviews. And in every interview he talks about how his success is due to his team mates if he does well, and blames himself for every loss no matter how well he plays.
    I will openly admit Lin is not the player I thought he was, that I am happy we went the Felton route, but I really cannot understand the notion that he's an egomaniac and all that nonsense. He is as humble as they get in interviews. The kid was on a tear the league has never seen and everytime he was prompted by reporters to gloat in interviews he gave 100% credit to his teammates and coaches. He did turn down a bunch of endorsement deals too which not many players would do. This summer he said nothing but great things about his ex teammates even while guys like JR and Melo were taking shots at him.

vCash
    If I was there I would be booing him. He left the knicks in a bad shape PG wise but it turned into a blessing. Now he is showing that he was a flash in the pan. He is a rotation player but not an all-star savior take him over melo some posters where saying here. He can't play with Harden do we really think he would've worked with Melo? Good for him he got paid you were a knick for 40 games. Do we cheer for duhon when he came back? He played 2 full seasons here
    He left the Knicks?? Are you kidding me? He was the 12th man on the bench. Tony Douglas is the one that left us for dead! He was the starting point guard that played like absolute trash! Lin didn't owe the Knicks anything. They didn't want Lin back, the reasons I won't get into but he was never truly in the plans.

vCash
    Mike D resigned. If Lin doesn't happen. Who's to say he would have been fired.

Plus even if Woody took over, im 99% sure we weren't going on that winning streak with Melo and Amare out. Lin carried us during that strech almost single handedly.

Mike D would probably have lost about 5-7 more games before being canned, the....

Woody takes over probably doesnt have that winning streak. Novak NEVER gets discovered, hell JR Smith probably doesnt even sign on because we are out of the playoff picture.

At this point we are a good 8-10 games back of where we finished last year, and out of the playoffs.

I am not a big Lin advocate, and I am VERY happy that we have felton but we were not making the playoffs last season without Linsanity, that team was going absolutely nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickFanSince91 View Post
    Yea the Lin debates are tired and have been beaten to death. It's damn near the same as the Tebow thing - you don't even have to have an ill feeling towards the guy himself but the people who go to bat for him are annoying as all hell.

The problem with that team last year was the coach and the unwillingness to design a system that worked as well for his best players and is did for the end of the bench guys. When we took the same exact personnel and put them in a new system, we finished 18-6 even though there were still some substantial injuries along the way.
    I hear you on the Tebow references, although I feel Tebow has more to do with his 'following' of supporters than Lin does with his. IMO, Tebow is more of a fraud trying to manufacture this reputation for himself. But its same type of scenario, I just feel like the kid is unjustly hated for reasons that aren't legitimate and some that are beyond his control.

I mean trying to get the most money possible for his first contract? Given how close he was to being out of the league for good? Any player would do that.

Not playing hurt on a surgically repaired knee down 0-3 in an unwinnable playoff series, in a contract year? After all the vets on the team admittedly told him not to risk it?

I will agree with you on the problems with the coaching last year, except I think Mike D just had no idea how to re-design his system around a guy like Melo more than he was unwilling to do so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    He left the Knicks?? Are you kidding me? He was the 12th man on the bench. Tony Douglas is the one that left us for dead! He was the starting point guard that played like absolute trash! Lin didn't owe the Knicks anything. They didn't want Lin back, the reasons I won't get into but he was never truly in the plans.
    Yea, Felton and Kidd were already here before Lin left, so he didn't 'leave the Knicks with no PG's'.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast