Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    2nd to cincy. 5th round to seattle? (Curry)
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    RM will do much better then Al in the draft, mark my words. There is a reason why we sucked so bad for years and its not because of good FA pickups and drafting.

vCash
    We got a 7th rounder from Carolina for Murphy. There is the lottery ticket!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post
    reggie mckenzie's actual DRAFT PICKS that did anything this year...

Miles Burris

all the other ones are irrelevant. Bergstrom hasn't done anything. Streater wasn't even a drafat pick.

Carson as our first is probably way better than anything we would have got (as usual)

If reggie's draft is like last years and we get 1 player that helps us, were doomed
    We were doomed when the deal for Palmer was made,we already had a boatload of overhyped overpaid players who could cry to Al if they weren't allowed to sit on their helmets and now we are having to deal with it. The players we drafted aren't all serviceable yet but could be . We will now draft football players instead of athletes........imagine that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Second rounder and a slap in the face
    Priceless......

vCash
    relax only a 2nd pick is all we owe cincy. you realize we are going after some key free agents this year also. so not only will we draft well he will pick up guys that are positions of need. I honestly think we go and grab Manti Te'o if he's available. if not he's going to take a CB. (possibly trade down to acquire a second round pick as well. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Greg Jennings in silver and black next year.. patience!

vCash
    ^^^

you guys can talk all the smack you want but let me send you a reminder...

Yeah reggie missed this years draft if you wanna compare him to Al Davis's recent late round picks... lets see...

players that saw the field and made even a small impact their first years in the 3rd or below in the last few years..

Louis Murphy
    Matt Shaugnessy
    Jared Veldheer
    Jacoby Ford
    Tyvon Branch
    Chimdi Chekwa
    Denarius Moore

and thats just off the top of my head. Yeah AL missed alot on first rounders but were not talkin first or seconds. Dont tell me miles burris was it?
    Let me own you a little bit here, your using sample sizes there what about the bad ones? And those guys weren't taken in one draft so out of this draft we got a starting linebacker and depth players where is Cheka now just off the practice squad, where is Murphy back up for the panthers. A lot of those were great picks but it's to early to judge on bergstrom who will start next year and criner and bilikudi who looks awesome.

The raiders had al davis scouts and draft people in last years draft keep on mind this is mckenzies first offseason with his people and he has some early picks to work with I'm sorry our 7th round picks didn't make the pro bowl this year

Let's give mckenzie a full offseason or two before we pass judgement

Go raiders

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

vCash
    Maybe our 7th round didn't, but Green Bay's 2nd round, 64th overall pick (Randall Cobb) sure is! My point being, I think sometimes we get so caught up in getting a "high pick" we forget to look for the hidden treasures we should be going for. People playing Fantasy Football has helped everyone be more aware of certain players not necessarily being good in certain schemes, even if they are "high picks"-- and I think that's one of the Raiders' biggest challenges right now, is a lot of our players were picked to fit into a specific kind of scheme, which we are no longer using. I *do* think it will all settle out, but yeah, this is painful right now!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    2nd to cincy. 5th round to seattle? (Curry)
    Damn it really? I thought we only gave up like a 7th for him or something like that?...

vCash
    ^^^

you guys can talk all the smack you want but let me send you a reminder...

Yeah reggie missed this years draft if you wanna compare him to Al Davis's recent late round picks... lets see...

players that saw the field and made even a small impact their first years in the 3rd or below in the last few years..

Louis Murphy Has had MAYBE 10 catches this year.
    Matt Shaugnessy Has SIGNIFICANTLY fallen off since year 1. Doesn't even play 3rd downs anymore.
    Jared Veldheer Great pick.
    Jacoby Ford hasn't yet played a full season and is a "role player" AT BEST.
    Tyvon Branch Good pick, but gain, significantly, fell off this year.
    Chimdi Chekwa CUT. Then practice ALL year. Just recently promoted after our FIFTH cornerback went down.
    Denarius Moore OK pick. Hasn't stayed healthy and drops way too many balls.

and thats just off the top of my head. Yeah AL missed alot on first rounders but were not talkin first or seconds. Dont tell me miles burris was it?
    So out of the 7 you mentioned, 1 is really good, 2 are ok and the rest are kind of trash.

*** Back to topic though, this thread is all over the place. I still can't believe Raider fans still don't have this down.....

The RAIDERS traded a 1st and a CONDITIONAL 1st round pick to the BENGALS for Carson Palmer. The conditional was IF the Raiders make the AFC championship game in the 1st year. This didn't happen so it became a 2nd round pick.

1st rounder = used in 2012
    2nd rounder = 2013

The RAIDERS traded a 5th and a 7 th to SEA for Curry.
    5th round= 2012
    7th = 2013

RAIDERS rec'd a 7TH for Murphy. so now for the 2013 draft AS OF RIGHT NOW the raiders have

1st round
    3rd round
    4th round
    5th round
    6th round
    7th round.

The only missing pick is our 2nd which we should get back when DMC is traded in the off season.....
    Last edited by crazyru; 12-18-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    We were doomed when the deal for Palmer was made,we already had a boatload of overhyped overpaid players who could cry to Al if they weren't allowed to sit on their helmets and now we are having to deal with it. The players we drafted aren't all serviceable yet but could be . We will now draft football players instead of athletes........imagine that!
    Max, I just love that concept.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    Maybe our 7th round didn't, but Green Bay's 2nd round, 64th overall pick (Randall Cobb) sure is! My point being, I think sometimes we get so caught up in getting a "high pick" we forget to look for the hidden treasures we should be going for. People playing Fantasy Football has helped everyone be more aware of certain players not necessarily being good in certain schemes, even if they are "high picks"-- and I think that's one of the Raiders' biggest challenges right now, is a lot of our players were picked to fit into a specific kind of scheme, which we are no longer using. I *do* think it will all settle out, but yeah, this is painful right now!
    Did we have a 2nd round pick last year I may have missed that? 64th is a pretty high pick so you aren't helping yourself. Look we took a future starting guard in the 3rd and a starter in the 4th with no 5th so not sure what else you expect

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

vCash
    Nothing if they'll give us Hue Jackson for Gregg Knapp.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersrock99 View Post
    Did we have a 2nd round pick last year I may have missed that? 64th is a pretty high pick so you aren't helping yourself. Look we took a future starting guard in the 3rd and a starter in the 4th with no 5th so not sure what else you expect
    If I am not mistaken, we took Criner in the 5th....maybe that was a comp pick from losing a player, but he was taken in the 5th.

vCash

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast