Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    Go BIG!, go Berkman or go home!
    Anyone with a name that sounds similar to Burke I dont want anywhere near Toronto.

vCash
    People would have freaked if we traded Snider and Cecil for a Cy Young winner a few years ago as well. People need to realize that in base, more than any other sport, prospects flame out. I will always take the sure talent.

vCash
    Matt Horner ‏@5mins4fighting
    Dickey's 2-yr, $25M deal is $1.5M cheaper than Ryan Dempster's deal, despite much better ERA since 2010: 2.95 vs 4.04

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    our future is not doomed.......we have sanchez(20), norris(19), osuna, davis, stroman(21)....and possibly allford(18) and jimenez(22)....i expect osuna(17) and davis (18)crack in to the top 100...cardona (18) is a sleeper
    I never said the future was doomed, he's putting words in my mouth... I just said the farm took a huge hit, but it's obviously worth it, because we are going to be a competitive team for at least the next 3 years if things don't go horribly wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Anyone with a name that sounds similar to Burke I dont want anywhere near Toronto.
    Well, Burke wont be relevant atleast until October...

vCash
    Now get Berkman and get an answer out of Oliver. If he walks sign JP Howell, and then take a vacation AA , you've earned it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    Matt Horner ‏@5mins4fighting
    Dickey's 2-yr, $25M deal is $1.5M cheaper than Ryan Dempster's deal, despite much better ERA since 2010: 2.95 vs 4.04
    Yes, but one was a free agent, the other was not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I think people in Blue Jay land are forgetting that when you have major league talent on the field, it gives you years to restock the farm system...three years of drafts and IFA's while the major league team does its thing will fix any concerns about the farm.
    How has Milwaukee done in rebuilding their system since the 2010-2011 off-season when they traded for Greinke and Marcum?

vCash
    Our Minor league teams are still stacked... we lost some good kids this offseason but we are still stacked. TDA was never closer to the MLB then last year. Was going to start the year in AAA and be there until september unless a catcher got hurt and I think AA seen this and traded him to be fair. JPA as much as his defense is suspect his bat is good... if he would improve the average slightly he would be perfect and AA loves him or he would have been dealt a while ago.. Texas called about him and so did another team. If we can prove we can win with this team its going to be the same with the other prospects... they will be stuck in the minors until someone gets hurt. Or they will be traded too...

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    Now get Berkman and get an answer out of Oliver. If he walks sign JP Howell, and then take a vacation AA , you've earned it!
    If Oliver walks, i assume Happ will take his spot in the bullpen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    Well, Burke wont be relevant atleast until next October...
    ha! And even then I dont know how relevant he'll really be

<Off topic rant>Stupid hockey, I hope they lose every fan. Embarrassing... I'm done with that sport, they'll never see another one of my dollars, ever </off topic rant>

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Converged View Post
    People would have freaked if we traded Snider and Cecil for a Cy Young winner a few years ago as well. People need to realize that in base, more than any other sport, prospects flame out. I will always take the sure talent.
    There were no 38 year old Cy Young winners a few years ago, so I think we would have been all for that

Plus Cecil was pretty damn good before he started throwing like a girl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBall20 View Post
    Waiting to see all of the pieces named before I'd call it official.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    How has Milwaukee done in rebuilding their system since the 2010-2011 off-season when they traded for Greinke and Marcum?
    i think this is the worst case scenario or at least a bad one. AA has been pretty good with the farm and drafting players, but hopefully he doesn't lose focus on that if puts too much attention on the talent in the MLB level.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast