Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    You're right... my bad.... the Jays future is DOOOOOMMMMED

They better win in the next 3 years or they'll never have a team here anymore and we'll lose the last Canada team in baseball
    I think people in Blue Jay land are forgetting that when you have major league talent on the field, it gives you years to restock the farm system...three years of drafts and IFA's while the major league team does its thing will fix any concerns about the farm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    If Lind ***** the bed before TD, then I see AA pursuing a big bat to really stack our lineup. Lind will most likely be the starting DH start ST, with Rajai as a platoon partner.
    Jays are going all-in - they shouldn't even have Lind in the starting lineup, period.

Guy needs to go - trade for someone like Jason Kubel and finally rid ourselves of our auto-out in the lineup.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    DH is still a HUGE HOLE...LaRoche available and lefty as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I can't believe we filled up 3 whole threads. lol
    we are the busiest forum in PSD history!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    If Lind ***** the bed before TD, then I see AA pursuing a big bat to really stack our lineup. Lind will most likely be the starting DH start ST, with Rajai as a platoon partner.
    someone brought up an interesting idea where rasmus dh's, gose plays center and e.e plays 1st. i'd be very cool with that if lind can't get his ***** together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Just wait until next year when our recent draftees start moving up the prospect boards. The prospect whores will be back in full force and forget any of this misery ever happened.

I am the biggest prospect whore I know, and I am so pumped about this trade. You gotta realize that prospects are currency. As long as you keep acquiring them, you'll be fine. They need to be used to trade or they go to waste.
    And we thank you for that. The updates and scouting reports you contribute to the minor league forum make it much more awesome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    I forgot about LaRoche, go get em AA.... gotta replace Lind - if we're going all in he shouldn't be apart of that. Had his chance, countless times.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Go BIG!, go Berkman or go home!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I think people in Blue Jay land are forgetting that when you have major league talent on the field, it gives you years to restock the farm system...three years of drafts and IFA's while the major league team does its thing will fix any concerns about the farm.
    That's not a bad point, and considering most of our talent is in the lower levels anyways, I would have to agree.

Top 10 pick this year, in case anyone forgot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Just wait until next year when our recent draftees start moving up the prospect boards. The prospect whores will be back in full force and forget any of this misery ever happened.

I am the biggest prospect whore I know, and I am so pumped about this trade. You gotta realize that prospects are currency. As long as you keep acquiring them, you'll be fine. They need to be used to trade or they go to waste.
    This.

We traded our top prospects who were on the verge of being MLB ready; however, we have a ton of high ceiling guys who were drafted in the past couple years that will be ready in another few. The good thing is that we have a young MLB roster so it's not as if we require a huge influx of prospects to be ready in the immediate future.

vCash
    I forgot about LaRoche, go get em AA.... gotta replace Lind - if we're going all in he shouldn't be apart of that. Had his chance, countless times.
    Im on the Berkman bandwagon (have been for close to two months!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masTOR_shake1 View Post
    someone brought up an interesting idea where rasmus dh's, gose plays center and e.e plays 1st. i'd be very cool with that if lind can't get his ***** together.
    it would be cool if Lind got his **** together. imagine, just imagine, if he finally came around like his old silver slugger self.

vCash
    the nationals are in serious play....they are having a dilemma between laroche and morse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    Im on the Berkman bandwagon (have been for close to two months!)
    Honestly, I'm fine with almost anyone over Lind. I just really don't like that guy and I'm so ****ing tired of him screw up any sort of rally we have.

Berkman would be fine - not sure what he has left but can't be much worse.

LaRoche would be a great get - and if he resigns with the Nationals, go trade for Morse instead.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Wow.. what a ride following this deal.

I love the sense that finally after the long and painful way of rebuilding we finally have something to get excited about. I cant blame AA for being this aggressive knowing the current AL east situation and having all this primed player needing just the right people to play with not some prospect we want to test out.

Did we give up a lot? sure, But it will be all worth it knowing the team finally fielded an awesome team on the team after years of uncertainty. I do love the prospects we have but AA and friends stick to the plan of rebuilding the farm and when the right moment arise (now) strike and use every ammunition they are gathering on those years.

In terms of Dickey. He is a huge mystery. Discovered a different Knuckle on his latter years. last 3 years has been awesome. One can argue if Age will really be a factor or being a knuckler will just make him be better as he age. In terms of what ifs. we play those all we want but in the end having Dickey now will help immensely on the current team we have. Even if he pitched bad on the world series you can also say he helped us get there.

All in all lets just enjoy it Jays fans! finally we have a team worth spending our money and love for! Go jays!

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast