Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Last year - at this point: 17-7
    This year - 12-12

And we're "the same".

Good one.

vCash

This Year vs. Last

Compare the records/playoff seeding at the end of the year..... Cause ure not even taking into consideration the epic fall in feb-the end of the year

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    All those things I just listed were based on stats from the WHOLE YEAR. Except win/loss.

Got anything else?

I swear. Are you even CAPABLE of saying "good points, Ricky; I agree 100%"? You argue for the sake of arguing and - honestly (in this case?) - make a complete fool of yourself.

What idiot could say we went DOWN in every category yet are "the same"? Is your hate for Lou THAT intense? Your love for Evan THAT deep?

Transparent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    most people still said we couldnt beat them minus Rose last year
    That has nothing to do with it.

I really don't want to get into a debate where I'm the one trying to convince people how bad we are or how much worse we are than last year haha. It's not productive, but most importantly I don't want to put myself in a situation where I'm only proven right if we continue to play poorly.

I'm sticking with the following conclusion:

Yes, I do believe we are a worse team than last year. We have some pretty severe weaknesses as outlined by RP. Last year, whether or not our players were actually that good, we had a formula down/style of play at least that allowed us to beat up on the bad teams and at least be competitive with the good/elite teams. This year, that is pretty much all out the window. However, I still think the franchise is better off in the long run for the moves we made in the offseason, and I support the moves we made, even though for now we are a worse team.

vCash

This Year vs. Last

I actually have agreed with u about things in the past.... Not sure what, but i know i have cUse i ramember it being weird.

Quite frankly its irrelevent which team is better. Being in the lottery is better than being a 6-8 seed.

And no matter which team is better, i dont think u can argue that THIS team is set up better for the future.

And unless u can construct some hypothetical universe where each team can play each other, we will never really know the answer.

Last year we were obviously a better defensive team and better in transition. This year we have a half court offense and more capable scoring from out starters in lieu of a deep bench.... Ill take that tradeoff, while i assume u liked the night shift better. Rebounding was probably better last year, but not as much as the basic total numbers suggest.....we werent a good rebounding team last year either.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Not based on anything I've seen lately.
    most people still said we couldnt beat them minus Rose last year
    They didnt have noah either....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    You seem to be doing alot of yacking, but not offering much in the way of facts or even strong, specific, thought-out reasoning.

Why?

Why are you (the only one) maintaining that this year's team is better? Point to specifics. Players...trends...skills...overall 'theme'...

Give me SOMETHING.
    woahhhh slow down sparky, no where did i say this years team is betters than last years or vice versa. i havent answered bcuz we are awaiting an update on the most important player to this team.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    If no Bynum I'd rather not even make playoffs. That lotto pick could become a franchise altering asset this summer. So hurry up and shelve him or get him on the floor.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Quite frankly its irrelevent which team is better. Being in the lottery is better than being a 6-8 seed.
    Irrelevant? To what? It's a topic; we're having a conversation. Seems to be a pretty logical one to have: Are we better or worse than last year?

Not better OFF. Are we a better TEAM?

This really isn't hard.

And no matter which team is better, i dont think u can argue that THIS team is set up better for the future.
    Different thread.

And unless u can construct some hypothetical universe where each team can play each other, we will never really know the answer.
    Of course we do! That's the point! This year's team does NOTHING well. Last year we did.

This year we have a half court offense and more capable scoring from out starters in lieu of a deep bench
    We do?

You call THAT a half court offense?

vCash
    woahhhh slow down sparky, no where did i say this years team is betters than last years or vice versa. i havent answered bcuz we are awaiting an update on the most important player to this team.
    Not sure why this is so hard to grasp for you. Perhaps I should type slower.

Compare this team...that we have right now...which does not appear to include one Andrew Bynum...to last year's team.

I've been pretty clear each time I've proposed the topic. Everyone else seems to grasp it.

If this is over your head I might suggest spending some time at PSD JV.

vCash
    Without bynum we are currently not as good as last year. Simply between of brands toughness and iggy bringing an identity to our team. Having dre night in and night out being able to guard the stars of the league 1 on 1 made our defense and rebounding better. I'm one of those ppl that think we didn't reach our potential last year cuz players were not used in proper roles (ala lou, Evan, jodie, jrue, dre)... that being said.. financially, and all things considered I prefer this team to last years.. and I truly believe sky is the limit when Andrew suits up.. we will drastically see jrues tos go down and see improvement in wright, swaggy and jrich, plus Thads size will be hidden.

Even if Andrew doesn't return id like to come back to this topic at the end of the year when jrue and Evan grow, and hopefully rich swaggy and wright succeed in their roles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Irrelevant? To what? It's a topic; we're having a conversation. Seems to be a pretty logical one to have: Are we better or worse than last year?

Not better OFF. Are we a better TEAM?

This really isn't hard.

Different thread.

Of course we do! That's the point! This year's team does NOTHING well. Last year we did.

We do?

You call THAT a half court offense?
    well then, the short answer is that i dont know. i think we are better at certain things and i think we are worse at certain things. i think we relied on different things than we did last year as well.

i didnt say it was a good half court offense... but its much better than it was last year.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    RP.... let me ask u something, cause i think this is where u separate urself ideologically from the majority....

what matters more to u.... being better than we were last year.... or being in a better positition to win in the future.

assume bynum doesnt play for us this year.... would u rather be a 6-8 seed in the playoffs, or have a top 8 lotto pick?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Compare the records/playoff seeding at the end of the year..... Cause ure not even taking into consideration the epic fall in feb-the end of the year
    no its a legit comparison we started with a crazy weak sheculde both seasons
    this team still has an epic fall comming

2012 allstar

vCash
    I look forward to the next two weeks if we get jrue back.
    Challenges ahead. I think this team without Bynum is .500 but we are a consistent 500. Not 10 games over the first two month and 10 games under the next two.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast