Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Pretty much agree with everything here, RP. I think we are noticeably worse than last year's team, for the reasons you mentioned. Our depth is weak, we play with no pride on defense, the fastbreak is essentially nonexistent, and the production from our big men is an embarrassment.

BUT...

Being worse this year than last year doesn't mean the franchise is worse off. I think the franchise is better off for biting the bullet and doing what they did in the offseason. With or without Bynum. And that's what matters more to me. So while some of the moves certainly haven't panned out, I still support the direction that the FO decided to go in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post

Being worse this year than last year doesn't mean the franchise is worse off. I think the franchise is better off for biting the bullet and doing what they did in the offseason. With or without Bynum. And that's what matters more to me. So while some of the moves certainly haven't panned out, I still support the direction that the FO decided to go in.

I can't argue with that stuff. You think like a GM. I think people who are more "coach-types" live in the "now". I need to win; screw next year. Know what I mean.

And so it's hard for me to even watch this stuff. Last year they gave me my 'money's worth'. I'll take hustling and diving and banging and running and heart every time.

Even in a loss.

But this? We lose AND are flat. Plus...we never seemed to get blown out last year. It was almost impossible to blow us out given our make-up and specific strengths.

By the same token we seem to have been blown out, like, 3 times just in the last half dozen games.

Imagine how much WORSE that will become when we've lost 8 in a row...on the road...no heart to begin with...

Bleck.

vCash
    I'm really at a loss for how anyone is confused on how the defense is worse...

1) We lost possibly the best wing defender in the league apart from Lebron
    2) We lost our only interior defender in Elton Brand apart from
    3) Lavoy Allen who hasn't quite put it together yet

It's not really rocket science. We've said for the longest time, we need interior players so that it opens up the floor for our shooters. Until that happens, this is a team of mediocrity. Nothing we can really do but wait until we figure out what the deal is with Bynum.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Pretty much agree with everything here, RP. I think we are noticeably worse than last year's team, for the reasons you mentioned. Our depth is weak, we play with no pride on defense, the fastbreak is essentially nonexistent, and the production from our big men is an embarrassment.

BUT...

Completely agree with this. Without going into extreme detail, I think last years TEAM was definitely better this year, but that was as good as that team was going to be. I also think our postseason success was a bit of a mirage because of the Rose injury. We probably lose that series in 5 or 6 if he doesn't tear his ACL.

The one thing about this years team is we have the potential to be a lot better at the end of the season and beyond if the the right cards are played. Nothing is certain, but our cap space combined with the possibilities surrounding Bynum's return (albeit a huge ?) have this franchise in a position for aggressive expansion over the next few years. There are a lot of ifs, but our size on the perimeter and inside if Bynum comes back healthy puts us in a position to be a good defensive team, while still having the athletes, shooters, and skills to be an explosive offensive team.

Our offensive schemes will have to change, and some more moves would have to be made (I don't know what those moves would have to be), but the potential is there to be much better at the end of this year and beyond when all is said and done.

vCash

This Year vs. Last

I think this whole idea is overblown.....

We weren't really a good team last year in the first place.

Did a lucky playoff situation really blind us to this?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I think this whole idea is overblown.....

We weren't really a good team last year in the first place.

Did a lucky playoff situation really blind us to this?
    We were good enough to start off 18-7; good enough to get into the playoffs; good enough to beat a Rose-less Chi team.

No one is saying we were great. Just good enough to do all those things.

This year's team is on the brink of an ugly stretch...may not even make the playoffs at this rate...and can't beat a Rose-less Chi team. Or any teams with a winning record.

Don't just say the opposite as me as a knee-jerk response. Think it through first.

vCash
    Last year we had a great start because of the youth, continuity and condensed season. Even with being 10 games over .500 and way ahead of the C's at the top of our division we barely made the playoffs. But we did put it together late by putting the ball in jrues hands more late in games and won a few close ones that solidified our spot.

Right now we are struggling. Our roster is incomplete and Collins is grasping at straws from game to game putting out a starting line up. It's still unclear what we are. It's not just us there are other teams around league playing a Jekyll and Hyde season. Frankly it's too early to tell. At this point we are merely mediocre which is fine considering our injuries. I mean we sunk like a stone when hawes went out last year. We are a team that needs everyone every night in order to compete
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    We were good enough to start off 18-7; good enough to get into the playoffs; good enough to beat a Rose-less Chi team.

No one is saying we were great. Just good enough to do all those things.

This year's team is on the brink of an ugly stretch...may not even make the playoffs at this rate...and can't beat a Rose-less Chi team. Or any teams with a winning record.

Don't just say the opposite as me as a knee-jerk response. Think it through first.
    the Rose-less Bulls had an impressive record without him including 1 or 2 wins over the Heat. anyone can beat in a 1 game series but out them in a 7 game series and you saw what happend. i still think this team without Bynum beats a Rose-less Bulls team in the playoffs.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    the Rose-less Bulls had an impressive record without him including 1 or 2 wins over the Heat. anyone can beat in a 1 game series but out them in a 7 game series and you saw what happend. i still think this team without Bynum beats a Rose-less Bulls team in the playoffs.
    Pssst. We're 0-2 against them so far this season. For no other reason than they are tougher than us; they have better leadership.

My whole point.

vCash
    i still think this team without Bynum beats a Rose-less Bulls team in the playoffs.
    Not based on anything I've seen lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Pssst. We're 0-2 against them so far this season. For no other reason than they are tougher than us; they have better leadership.

My whole point.
    that was the case last year too. a series is much differnt then 2 games played over a 20 game period

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Not based on anything I've seen lately.
    most people still said we couldnt beat them minus Rose last year

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    most people still said we couldnt beat them minus Rose last year
    You seem to be doing alot of yacking, but not offering much in the way of facts or even strong, specific, thought-out reasoning.

Why?

Why are you (the only one) maintaining that this year's team is better? Point to specifics. Players...trends...skills...overall 'theme'...

Give me SOMETHING.

vCash

This Year vs. Last

Theyre about the same from what i see. With bynum id say a 3 seed.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Theyre about the same from what i see. With bynum id say a 3 seed.
    The same?

Our defense? Rebounding? Fastbreak? Shooting %? 3-pt %? FT %? Assists? Steals? Turnovers? Points FOR? Points AGAINST?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

We are worse in EVERY ONE OF THESE CATEGORIES.

So you tell me: How are we the "same"?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast