Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Yankees Should Go After Peter Bourjos

I think Bourjos has the chance to be a pretty good player with the potential to be a shane victorino type hitter.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Pass
    maybe Michael Bourn ?

vCash
    Meh, Bourjos is a poor man's Gardner.

vCash
    mike morse is the trade to make

vCash
    What team will deal a major piece to the Yankees? Unless it's for Bullpen or Rotation Help, are the Angels going to move Bourjos. Granted he's coming off a dismal 2012, but he's under Club Control for 4-5 more years.

Phil Hughes is a trade piece in my opinion. Next offseason with the goal of getting under that 189.0 M threshold, will be be retained in Free Agency. While he slides in nicely to the 2013 Rotation, he won't return compensation next offseason.

Obviously this move would decimate the rotation in 2013. But what would you take if you were the Angels? I'd be interested in David Robertson, Joba Chamberlain. It doesn't seem like a trade matches up.

vCash
    The under the radar guy teams might be intrigued by is RHP Mark Montgomery. He projects into a late innings role, but again- Why would the Yankees give that away? Sign Grady Sizemore or Scott Hairston to a 1 Year Deal and consider moving Granderson. Club clearly wants to move Gardner to CF. I'd give Zolio Almonte an opportunity to win a job in Spring Training.

vCash
    I want Michael Bourne

vCash
    Bubba Crosby 2.0
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    78-74

G: 136 | AVG: .250| HR: 4| RBI: 40| OBP: .299 | SLG: .303 | wOBA: .273 | wRC: 69

vCash
    Web, who would you package to get him? I like the idea. Solid player. Plays hard too. Some of you guys are stuck with this "we can't have 2 Gardner type players in the lineup"

No. Wrong.

vCash
    We don't need 3 slap hitters we have Ichiro and Gardner already I'll pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Web, who would you package to get him? I like the idea. Solid player. Plays hard too. Some of you guys are stuck with this "we can't have 2 Gardner type players in the lineup"

No. Wrong.
    The Angels need starting pitching so I'd probably ship Nova or Joba off to them. Nova should be more than enough for Bourjos. I'd sooner get rid of Hughes but he's worth more I would think. I'd want additional prospects if Hughes was involved.

I like how everyone thinks centerfielders who can hit are somehow a dime a dozen, and that we should pass on Bourjos. This kid is 25 years old, whereas Gardner is 29 already and seems to injure him every season. He is not reliable. Bourjos looks like he can be a Shane Victorino type and if he can hit like Victorino then that's a steal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Conquest8089 View Post
    What team will deal a major piece to the Yankees? Unless it's for Bullpen or Rotation Help, are the Angels going to move Bourjos. Granted he's coming off a dismal 2012, but he's under Club Control for 4-5 more years.

Phil Hughes is a trade piece in my opinion. Next offseason with the goal of getting under that 189.0 M threshold, will be be retained in Free Agency. While he slides in nicely to the 2013 Rotation, he won't return compensation next offseason.

Obviously this move would decimate the rotation in 2013. But what would you take if you were the Angels? I'd be interested in David Robertson, Joba Chamberlain. It doesn't seem like a trade matches up.
    The Angels are already shopping him. With Trout he's just a fourth outfielder now, which is how they used him last season.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Unload Hughes. Now !
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Meh, Bourjos is a poor man's Gardner.
    More like the right-handed hitting Gardner.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    4 you forgot A Rod
    "I'm not fat, I just have a sweet hockey body." -Eric Cartman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast