Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Bourjos would be a good pickup. This team could use more than 2 slap hitters so they can maybe just MAYbE get out of this home run or bust mentality.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    We don't need 3 slap hitters we have Ichiro and Gardner already I'll pass.
    Gardner and Ichiro aren't going to be around forever.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    If we could only lock up swisher for $50 million. He walks, you know.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    If we could only lock up swisher for $50 million. He walks, you know.
    I know you're trying to be a smart ***, but the single most important thing a hitter can do, is not create an out. So while no single stat tells the whole story, or even most of it, Swisher's OBP is a very telling #.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I know you're trying to be a smart ***, but the single most important thing a hitter can do, is not create an out. So while no single stat tells the whole story, or even most of it, Swisher's OBP is a very telling #.
    I find that he offers nothing we need. I also find him irritating. I also find him to suck against anyone good.

And for that reason, we have to chop him.

(Circa Food Network)
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    I find that he offers nothing we need. I also find him irritating. I also find him to suck against anyone good.

And for that reason, we have to chop him.

(Circa Food Network)
    I just worry people assume "slap hitters", something you have openly criticized, are the solution to our issues. I really do not see how people think our offense is better than it was last season. And while Swisher may disappear come playoff time, it will hardly matter if we don't field a team capable of making it that far. And as far as making the playoffs, Swisher was as important as any offensive player that is not Robinson Cano.

vCash
    I do not like slap hitters, but I do enjoy wizards of their craft. Itchy, to me, is a wizard with his hands. He actually places the ball, which I find entertaining. I also think he can jack 20 hr if he wanted to.

Gardner, while the fastest white man on earth, is a terrible hitter with a horrifying swing.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    I do not like slap hitters, but I do enjoy wizards of their craft. Itchy, to me, is a wizard with his hands. He actually places the ball, which I find entertaining. I also think he can jack 20 hr if he wanted to.

Gardner, while the fastest white man on earth, is a terrible hitter with a horrifying swing.

Damon's swing was worse. It might be the worst I can think of.

I do love Ichiro. And I enjoy watching him. I just worry we're paying him based on nostalgia for his past and for the novelty of Ichiro. That we're trading those things for current on field production.

vCash
    Understood. I just think he's an intangible player. Sort of like Jeter, but different.

And he WANTS to be here, which is important to motivation.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Understood. I just think he's an intangible player. Sort of like Jeter, but different.

And he WANTS to be here, which is important to motivation.
    Troy Glaus wanted to be here....

Seriously, I hope Ichiro's issues aren't decline, but lack of motivation. I hope he actually is the power hitter people claimed he could be and he could dump a few balls over the wall. I'm just not confident in him at this point. And a 2 year commitment feels like a risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Troy Glaus wanted to be here....

Seriously, I hope Ichiro's issues aren't decline, but lack of motivation. I hope he actually is the power hitter people claimed he could be and he could dump a few balls over the wall. I'm just not confident in him at this point. And a 2 year commitment feels like a risk.
    That's why the point of this thread was to trade for Bourjos. Lol.

Yankees took a risk in thinking that Ichiro will perform like he did the 2nd half of last season with us. Even if he does not, they're still banking on at least league average. Call me crazy, but if Ichiro remains healthy and stays consistent, he will achieve his 3k hits mark. Would be amazing to see him do it in the 2 years as a Yankee.

vCash
    I don't get all the love for Bourjos. In 2-1/2 seasons, he's a .247 hitter and he's had hip and wrist injuries. Also, a guy who some consider to be a good manager decided that Vernon Wells should be starting ahead of him even when he was healthy.

vCash
    I say forget about Bourgos, we have three outfielders already. What we need is a DH and a Catcher. Losing Swisher and A-Rod for half the season, we lost a lot of pop in the lineup so we need someone that can give us some pop. It's not necessary to get someone with 30 HR power but at least 20 HR power. If we're not going to give Romine a chance to play full time then I say sign Pierzynski for two years, that'll give us some pop as well as a full time catcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I don't get all the love for Bourjos. In 2-1/2 seasons, he's a .247 hitter and he's had hip and wrist injuries. Also, a guy who some consider to be a good manager decided that Vernon Wells should be starting ahead of him even when he was healthy.
    perfect fit!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    His hip injury is not that serious and was the likely cause of his decline in 2012. He has since had surgery to fix it and should be fine again. He's a .271 hitter with room to improve. I'd say he'd make a pretty good trade. His defense is also likely better than Gardner's in CF.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast