Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,995
    vCash
    1500

    Yankees Should Go After Peter Bourjos

    I think Bourjos has the chance to be a pretty good player with the potential to be a shane victorino type hitter.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

    - Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    Pass
    maybe Michael Bourn ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,956
    vCash
    1500
    Meh, Bourjos is a poor man's Gardner.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22
    vCash
    1500
    mike morse is the trade to make

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bridgeport, CT
    Posts
    512
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrag10 View Post
    mike morse is the trade to make

    (what he said.. that guy has some serious pop in his bat.. he'll give u a legit 30 HRs from the right side of the plate)
    New York Yankees
    Dallas Cowboys
    UCONN Huskies Football
    UCONN Huskies MBB
    UCONN Huskies WBB
    Philadelphia 76ers
    New York Knickerbockers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    368
    vCash
    1500
    What team will deal a major piece to the Yankees? Unless it's for Bullpen or Rotation Help, are the Angels going to move Bourjos. Granted he's coming off a dismal 2012, but he's under Club Control for 4-5 more years.

    Phil Hughes is a trade piece in my opinion. Next offseason with the goal of getting under that 189.0 M threshold, will be be retained in Free Agency. While he slides in nicely to the 2013 Rotation, he won't return compensation next offseason.

    Obviously this move would decimate the rotation in 2013. But what would you take if you were the Angels? I'd be interested in David Robertson, Joba Chamberlain. It doesn't seem like a trade matches up.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    368
    vCash
    1500
    The under the radar guy teams might be intrigued by is RHP Mark Montgomery. He projects into a late innings role, but again- Why would the Yankees give that away? Sign Grady Sizemore or Scott Hairston to a 1 Year Deal and consider moving Granderson. Club clearly wants to move Gardner to CF. I'd give Zolio Almonte an opportunity to win a job in Spring Training.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    7,313
    vCash
    1500
    I want Michael Bourne

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Sentinel Island
    Posts
    5,124
    vCash
    1500
    Bubba Crosby 2.0
    FC Bayern Munchen

    New York Yankees



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Web, who would you package to get him? I like the idea. Solid player. Plays hard too. Some of you guys are stuck with this "we can't have 2 Gardner type players in the lineup"

    No. Wrong.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,079
    vCash
    1500
    We don't need 3 slap hitters we have Ichiro and Gardner already I'll pass.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    650
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    We don't need 3 slap hitters we have Ichiro and Gardner already I'll pass.
    This.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,995
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Web, who would you package to get him? I like the idea. Solid player. Plays hard too. Some of you guys are stuck with this "we can't have 2 Gardner type players in the lineup"

    No. Wrong.
    The Angels need starting pitching so I'd probably ship Nova or Joba off to them. Nova should be more than enough for Bourjos. I'd sooner get rid of Hughes but he's worth more I would think. I'd want additional prospects if Hughes was involved.

    I like how everyone thinks centerfielders who can hit are somehow a dime a dozen, and that we should pass on Bourjos. This kid is 25 years old, whereas Gardner is 29 already and seems to injure him every season. He is not reliable. Bourjos looks like he can be a Shane Victorino type and if he can hit like Victorino then that's a steal for us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conquest8089 View Post
    What team will deal a major piece to the Yankees? Unless it's for Bullpen or Rotation Help, are the Angels going to move Bourjos. Granted he's coming off a dismal 2012, but he's under Club Control for 4-5 more years.

    Phil Hughes is a trade piece in my opinion. Next offseason with the goal of getting under that 189.0 M threshold, will be be retained in Free Agency. While he slides in nicely to the 2013 Rotation, he won't return compensation next offseason.

    Obviously this move would decimate the rotation in 2013. But what would you take if you were the Angels? I'd be interested in David Robertson, Joba Chamberlain. It doesn't seem like a trade matches up.
    The Angels are already shopping him. With Trout he's just a fourth outfielder now, which is how they used him last season.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

    - Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    241
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    We don't need 3 slap hitters we have Ichiro and Gardner already I'll pass.
    4 you forgot A Rod
    "I'm not fat, I just have a sweet hockey body." -Eric Cartman

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,995
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    We don't need 3 slap hitters we have Ichiro and Gardner already I'll pass.
    Gardner and Ichiro aren't going to be around forever.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

    - Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •