Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Jason Kidd guarded Kobe most of the game against LA and did an outstanding job. Kobe has 5 years 4 inches and may be the best in the league in the past 10 years without slowing down much. J Kidd brings a calming effect to the team. When his is in at the end of the game I know Knicks can pull it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I'm very happy we have kidd and shump but a healthy Nash is better basketball player at this stage then a healthy J Kidd. Just is
    Nash might be better overall but I think being better for this team is debatable at best. Nash gives us a negative defensively, cannot play the 2, is a guy who needs the ball to make plays and cannot play a solid basketball game without it and without plays called his way.

We don't run any plays for Kidd, he rarely ever has the ball, yet he finds a way to make a tremendous impact on a nightly basis. Thats exactly what we needed. Not sure we would be the same type of team with Nash.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    The only difference is Nash would be playing over Felton not Kidd. Either way im super happy with this team.

Imagine Nash and Kidd lol

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Kidd is the ultimate warrior and teamate knicks lucked out getting him.
    Knicks and 49ers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    We lucked out big time. We get to keep Shump. We added Felton for pennies. Kidd gives us defense and spot shooting off the ball, and makes way more of an impact without the ball in his hands than Nash would, which is huge within the dynamic of this squad. The fact that he can play the 2 guard at a high level is huge for us.
    Exactly what i was gonna post. Good thing i scrolled a bit.

Nash cant play the 2, cant defend and cant play off the ball. Watching Kidd's old *** defend 2s has been a joy. I cant say enough about how much I love the dynamic of this team. Everyone fits perfectly together. Shump should acclimate himself seemlessly. The Knicks have everything a team needs to make a championship run. We're a bit light on the boards but as Camby rounds out to form I expect it to right itself.

Like most of us I am also wary of Stats return. In all honesty, and I am one of his biggest supporters, I dont really see how he fits in. From a spacing and positional point of view. Him coming off the bench is the only place he fits, yet hes still a solid star player. Its a strange, but good, problem to have.

Puttin Melo back on the perimeter, with Stat taking the elbow and low block kinda stymies Melo's full effect.

Which brings me to a older subject I brought up some time back. Instead of working on his post game Amar'e needs to bring it back like LJ. Work on your deep shots. Stretch 4 style. With a solid 3 ball Stat can pull most PFs out of the paint, leaving Melo to his customary elbow or wing position.

I kinda liken Amar'e to Larry Johnson, a explosive beastly PF who due to injuries rebuilt himself into a very good perimeter player. Well more of a post player with good perimeter shooting. But I cant expect that from Amar'e. LJ was just a monster down low.

Oh **** 4 paragraphs later i flew off my original tangent.

Jason Kidd fits this team flawlessly on the basketball court. Derek Fisher or Ron Harper 2.0

Stark Industries Presents the New MSG3 Missile
    Target Confirmed: Philadelphia
    Target Status: Terminated

vCash
    The one thing that does preturb me is our reliance on Kidd. It appears we can adapt and win without Melo and Stat, but when Kidd goes down the effect is alarming. Yes its great hes playing at such a high level but he is older. I hope this doesnt go sour like the last 2 years.

Get to the playoffs and lose a vital player to our success. Jason Kidd is that player to our team. Well so far anyway.

Stark Industries Presents the New MSG3 Missile
    Target Confirmed: Philadelphia
    Target Status: Terminated

vCash
    Hindsight is 20/20. Seriously, how many posters honestly wanted Kidd over Nash during the summer?? If anyone really says yes, I have to wonder.

Kidd didn't look well last year and father time looked like it caught up to him. Nash was still playing at an elite level for a PG, and he hadn't shown too much decline overall.

Kidd said during preseason workouts this is the best shape he's been in in over 5 years and it's hard to argue based on his production on the court and the amount of minutes he's logging in (kind of worrisome though.)

Anyway, as Clyde would say- we got the fortuitous bounce go our way. Not only did we pick up a very productive and motivated Kidd, but we got a motivated and in shape Felton and Priggies. And we didn't have to give up our only young asset in the whole process thankfully in Shumpert. So all in all, we did a helluva job this offseason with all things considered.

vCash

ewing

Nash might be better overall but I think being better for this team is debatable at best. Nash gives us a negative defensively, cannot play the 2, is a guy who needs the ball to make plays and cannot play a solid basketball game without it and without plays called his way.

We don't run any plays for Kidd, he rarely ever has the ball, yet he finds a way to make a tremendous impact on a nightly basis. Thats exactly what we needed. Not sure we would be the same type of team with Nash.
    Nash isn't a great defender but Ray Felton can play the 2, Smith can play the 2, when Shump comes back he can play the 2. I don't see a big hole at the 2 without kid an with Nash

Also why would Nash not have the ball? I see the ball in Ray Felton's hands all the time. i want the ball in Nash's hands. Good things happen when the ball is in Nash hands.

Would we be a different team? Yes but Nash is still a significantly better PG then anyone on the squad and makes everyone better. I think you have gotten how good that guy is

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    I wanted Nash is the offseason, but hindsight is a great thing to have...Kidd has been insane so far and added so much brains to our team. His D is amazing which Nash's is not, and we have enough options on O even without Nash...

Intially I wanted Nash but now i'm so happy with our team, the experience Felton will gain from training with Kidd everyday will be amazing...
    This team has everything we need right now

vCash
    We lucked out big time. We get to keep Shump. We added Felton for pennies. Kidd gives us defense and spot shooting off the ball, and makes way more of an impact without the ball in his hands than Nash would, which is huge within the dynamic of this squad. The fact that he can play the 2 guard at a high level is huge for us.
    This!

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Nash is the better player at this point in their careers but Kidd fits better for what we need; shooting and defense.
    Last edited by NYKnicksAllDay; 12-18-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12