Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hindsight, Kidd vs Nash

From day 1 of the offseason I wanted Kidd here, I said we needed to throw a 3 year 10m deal at him and overpay him in years to get him to come here. I thought Kidd & Lin would have been the perfect combo of potential, youth and experience.

But then Nash was said to be a realistic option, and I think everyone at that point wanted Nash over Kidd, myself included, especially if it only cost us Fields. Then TOR came in and we all know what happened.

Did we end up better off? No one knows if Nash gets hurt here, but even in the preseason and in the 4 games he played he looked bad.

Who would you rather have going forward?

vCash
    I am not going to into "what if " this or that happen. They are both hof PGs and probably the best pure Point Guards or their era. We're 18-5 so does it really matter? And Nash was never known for playing any D at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    We lucked out big time. We get to keep Shump. We added Felton for pennies. Kidd gives us defense and spot shooting off the ball, and makes way more of an impact without the ball in his hands than Nash would, which is huge within the dynamic of this squad. The fact that he can play the 2 guard at a high level is huge for us.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    We lucked out big time. We get to keep Shump. We added Felton for pennies. Kidd gives us defense and spot shooting off the ball, and makes way more of an impact without the ball in his hands than Nash would, which is huge within the dynamic of this squad. The fact that he can play the 2 guard at a high level is huge for us.
    Yea, i knew Kidd had an improved jumper, but I didn't know how good he was from 3.

And people all over the nBA forum were saying he was completely done and horrible on defense, could not be further from the truth.

If you take away the 39 from his profile, you'd think he was just an unatheletic 2 guard in his early 30's. I mean so many guys are done at 32...33... Kidd playing at this level at 39 is insane, he's still capable of playing 35-40 minutes any given night and being a true difference maker on BOTH ends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Perfectly said. Kidd's defense is really underrated, not necessarily here but in the NBA forum. There are so many games we won largely thanks to Kidd's D, something we definitely would not have gotten from Nash. Most importantly, as you point out, Kidd fits this team's dynamic better.

vCash
    I think Kidd is better. Nash can't defend, rebound or play off the ball as well as Kidd. and Kidd is more experienced and has actually won.

vCash
    Glad your hindsight worked well. I have no problem admitting I wanted Nash instead of Kidd in the offseason. But so did the Knicks front office. I'm glad we ended up with Kidd instead though, no going back for sure.

vCash
    ............. If we would have had a hurt Nash, this year Lin, a hurt or traded Shump, no Felt, no Kidd, a hurt Stat, Melo miss 3 games....... With all that we'd be under 500. THANK GOD some of you guys from this offseason are not the GM

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    ............. If we would have had a hurt Nash, this year Lin, a hurt or traded Shump, no Felt, no Kidd, a hurt Stat, Melo miss 3 games....... With all that we'd be under 500. THANK GOD some of you guys from this offseason are not the GM
    So I take it that you were one of the few that wanted Kidd over Nash? I'm gonna keep it real, there's no way in hell that I thought Kidd would perform at this level and I don't think no one has. But he's my dude now! Thinking about getting a Kidd jersey! Lol. His leadership and veteran savvy is unmatched. He even gets blocks but can't get two inches off the ground. He had 3 blocks in one game! I'm not sure if Chandler has had a 3 block game.. Lol. But I think I can honestly say that he's playing off of Melo and it's making him better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    Perfectly said. Kidd's defense is really underrated, not necessarily here but in the NBA forum. There are so many games we won largely thanks to Kidd's D, something we definitely would not have gotten from Nash. Most importantly, as you point out, Kidd fits this team's dynamic better.
    He's made Shumpert's late game defense a memory so far.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Yeah I don't think Kidd's D has been "forget about Shumps suffocating D" good, it's not like we got a time machine and signed the glove circa 95, but the man has been more than everybody expected.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash

ewing

I'm very happy we have kidd and shump but a healthy Nash is better basketball player at this stage then a healthy J Kidd. Just is

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I'm very happy we have kidd and shump but a healthy Nash is better basketball player at this stage then a healthy J Kidd. Just is
    Nash was healthly is the superior offensive player, but Kidd is better for what we were trying to do (get a mentor and a floor coach). He also brings an all around game.

vCash
    I wanted Kidd over Nash for a couple reasons:

I was 100 percent certain we were retaining Lin
    I thought he would play a good reserve roll and make us a more championship oriented squad.
    I thought if we signed him we would be able to have enough money to bring in Lamar Odom.

I never thought Kidd would be better then Nash but for our needs I was on the Kidd bandwagon all day.

I am actually shocked out how well this team has been put together. If rebounding becomes our biggest problem this whole season I am content with it. No turnovers, great range, lots of versaility, very deep bench. I like what I am seeing so far without shump and amare. I know the league is nervous to see how Amare and Shump are incorporated..
    Originally Posted by jam
    Lin is doubling Rubio's point production. He's much more aggressive to the basket and is a spectacular finisher. Lin also shows no hesitation shooting from the outside and knocking down 3's right in the faces of 7 footers.

Lin has spectacular alley oops, gets tons of steals, game winners and clutch play are unmatched by Rubio.

Comparing Lin to Rubio is like comparing Kate Upton to Rosie O' Donnell. They're both on TV, but that's where the comparison ends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    Classic Monday morning quarterbacking here. First of all, our own GM wanted Nash over Kidd, shoot he even wanted Lin over Kidd. The only reason why Lin wasn't here is because he went back to the Rockets for more money after Grunwald matched Houston's first offer sheet. Then, he went back and got an insane commitment from Houston and declined, which is a move I agreed with. Then, Grunwald turned his attention squarely on Nash, and make no mistake, he went hard after Nash. Rightfully so, Nash had a much better year than Kidd last year. He settled for Kidd, so did many Knick fans. It's great that it was the right move, but get off your high horse acting like it was a no brainer to get Kidd over Nash before this year and insulting everyone who thought that way. Again, our own GM thought that way too, we just got lucky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast