Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    get a good hall in return. (No way in hell they resign him to a huge contract). Drew is another trade bait piece. The reason why he signed a 1 year contract was to rebuild his value...thats it. So let him do it, and trade his butt at deadline to a team trying to make the playoff and get a nice return for him.

Dempster is question mark. I don't like the signing at all, but I understand Barnes is at least 2 years away, and we needed a rotation spot, and didn't want to give up compensation, and no huge long term contracts. I'm hoping the reason is to give De La Rosa more time to build up his arm strength from Tommy John, and He can join the rotation also. I'm not sure how long Webster will take to get to the Majors either.

I'm hoping Lackey has a good year and trade him also.

Yeah the sox may not be a contender this year, but anyone who complains about the moves doesn't realize the sox are just trying to show they are trying to compete (sort of) to keep pink hats interested and to keep revenue in, but real fans should be excited that they are keeping their chips, and they should be up by deadline, and next year.

I don't think BC is done. They got Morales, Aceves, and Salty spots still up in the air. I think all three will be traded before ST.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfreak1776 View Post
    Anyone who thinks this team is better than 80 wins is really smoking some serious sunshine. THis team is garbage and could end up being worse than last year's team.
    Dempster=trash
    Pedroia=on the downside and likely to break down
    Ortiz=done in a minute
    Ellsbury=thinking about playing for a winner
    Hanrahan=trash
    Victorino=give me a break
    Drew=last name is all you need to know
    Bucholz/Lester=head cases

This post is garbage. Lester an Bucholz aren't head cases. "Drews last name says it all? Did you just say that because you couldn't come up with anything to say? What makes you think Pedi is in regression? I agree with you that Dempster is going to be a fail. But Victorino may end up pretfy good here even tho wd may have slightly over paid for him. I won't be surprise if he earns every bit of his contract. Hanrahan is an upgrade. And didnt cost anything really.

Im not sold on Jonny Gomes. But he has the potential to be a bargin.

Napoli isnt a bad deal either if that goes through.

We arent done yet either. One of ohr catchers will likely be dealt. Along with a bullpen arm or 2 im sure. And I'm sure Ells will be dealt at some point.

We aren't gonna win it all with the team as it. But we will not be worse than last year. Thata for sure. But we have somw talent on this team.

Ross was great pickup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf82 View Post
    get a good hall in return. (No way in hell they resign him to a huge contract). Drew is another trade bait piece. The reason why he signed a 1 year contract was to rebuild his value...thats it. So let him do it, and trade his butt at deadline to a team trying to make the playoff and get a nice return for him.

Dempster is question mark. I don't like the signing at all, but I understand Barnes is at least 2 years away, and we needed a rotation spot, and didn't want to give up compensation, and no huge long term contracts. I'm hoping the reason is to give De La Rosa more time to build up his arm strength from Tommy John, and He can join the rotation also. I'm not sure how long Webster will take to get to the Majors either.

I'm hoping Lackey has a good year and trade him also.

Yeah the sox may not be a contender this year, but anyone who complains about the moves doesn't realize the sox are just trying to show they are trying to compete (sort of) to keep pink hats interested and to keep revenue in, but real fans should be excited that they are keeping their chips, and they should be up by deadline, and next year.

I don't think BC is done. They got Morales, Aceves, and Salty spots still up in the air. I think all three will be traded before ST.

You nailed it bro

vCash
    Anyone who thinks this team is better than 80 wins is really smoking some serious sunshine. THis team is garbage and could end up being worse than last year's team. Dempster=trash
    Ortiz=done in a minute
    Hanrahan=trash
    The Red Sox got rid of Bobby Valentine, that in and of itself makes them a better team

vCash
    Dempster=trash
    Ortiz=done in a minute
    Hanrahan=trash

vCash
    Do people think before they type ? The front office doesn't care about "pink hats". If they did they wouldn't have traded our best player (Gonzalez), they wouldn't have traded our biggest name value pitcher (Beckett). "Pink hats", as self contious fans like to refer to them as, don't have a clue who Stephen Drew is. Let's try to use common sense, he's clearly not selling any merchandise.

vCash
    Right.. I'm wrong. This team is trash.
    I'm the one who took a lot of crap on here 3 years ago when I said Cameron was too old and a bad signing and he would be injury prone and everyone attacked me and guess what...the guy never even played a season's worth.
    I also said at the time that Lackey was trash and lo and behold ..he is.
    I also said that the prospects are way overrated and looks like they are. Iglesias is being questioned as such now.
    The guys they have signed are trash.
    Victorino will hit about .225 and be injured half the year.
    Pedroia is on the downside and will be lucky to play 100 games.
    Ortiz...enough is enough.
    Even the young guys are going to be busts.
    Middlebrooks is Youkilis. He'll break something and be out 80 games.
    Stop looking on the bright side and be realistic.
    Can't wait to see Hanrahan's 5.00 ERA. It'll be running down his leg in Toronto in April.
    Stop drinking the Kool Aid...this team and organization are garbage and not even close to being a contender.

vCash
    I'm the one who took a lot of crap on here 3 years ago when I said Cameron was too old and a bad signing and he would be injury prone and everyone attacked me and guess what...the guy never even played a season's worth.
    I also said that the prospects are way overrated and looks like they are. Iglesias is being questioned as such now.
    Can't wait to see Hanrahan's 5.00 ERA. It'll be running down his leg in Toronto in April.
    Stop drinking the Kool Aid...this team and organization are garbage and not even close to being a contender.
    Someone needs happy pills...

vCash
    Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me the winning lottery #'s?

vCash
    JD drew was a very good player for us... so the Drew comment was flat out dumb.

Dempster is an above average starting pitcher.

You don't know when Ortiz is actually going to be done. Ellsbury is likely to play well in a contract year.

Lol good to know you're a wizard predicting Middlebrooks getting hurt. He missed about 5 games before breaking a bone because of an HBP, he's not a frail old man. And Youkilis got hurt once he started to age, not when he was 25.

This team isn't a plyoff team, but the organization is fine. The farm is strong. You're a "garbage" fan who can't stand going through a down period. Everything is cyclical, roll with the punches, don't cry.

vCash
    Pats freak, stick to football. You are making everyone mad. We are not a contender, but we will compete. Especially at fenway. Our team is made to compete at home especially when we get the Napoli **** taken care of. Foreal relax bro. Try to be patient...I bet you were mad we didn't sign Hamilton. Wait and see...

vCash
    You realize too that we were likely an 80 win trade if we didnt do that trade with LA, right? There's no way we are worse than last years' team, if you honestly believe that then you're being crazy.

vCash

if all Middlebrooks becomes is Youk then Id be happy. But he is going to be better.

vCash
    I dont think Middlebrooks will be as good as Youk was. Youk was a 5.9 fWAR player twice. It would be very hard for Middlebrooks to come close to that unless he magically starts walkin 10%+ of the time. Youk was also a great fielder, Middlebrooks looks more along the average line to me.

vCash
    You're underrating Youkilis. In his prime for 3 seasons Youk was a ~.400 OBP, .950+ OPS guy, with terrific defense at 1b. That prime was surrounded by a bunch of .800+ OPS years. WMB doesn't have the OBP skills to put up a .900 OPS ,and with his K's it will be hard for him to put up a good hit%. We will be fortunate if he can stay at 3B and consistently put up an .800+ OPS.
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 01-03-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678