Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

WWE: Punk and the streak.

I'm a huge fan of Punk and love what he's done for the industry but I was just curious to see what you guys think about him possibly breaking the record. Even if he does break it what does that mean for WWE. Additionally if he manages to break "The Streak" is he automatically the G.O.A.T.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    I'm not sure what you mean by breaking the record. Do you mean for having the longest title reign? The longest is over seven years. He will lose the title sometime in 2013. I can't see him beating Taker either if that is what you mean.

vCash
    he has zero chance of breaking the streak, or even passing anyone else on the all time list
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Yea Punk is stuck at the spot he is in on his title steak. He has been a good care taker and pretty good champ for what he was given and who he had to feud with. But with guys like Rybacl/Ziggler/Dbry/Miz/Ambrose/Rollins all starting to either come up or get over I can't see him holding the championship till WM. He moved from barely top 50 all-time to top 15/20 all-time in the past 2 years in my eyes. It also doesn't help The Rock wants the title and well then there's that other guy in the company who "always wins" and "destroys everything" .......

And as for Taker there is no chance he beats Taker. Punk has said he only wants to wrestle for 2-3 more years and go out while he can still move unlike others. If Taker looses it will be vs the next big star the wwe trys to get over or we could dream Cena turning heel for the win
    My PWW checklist

Wrigs - Check
    HTown - Check
    Riv - Check
    Jrm - Check
    Saddler - Check
    Rob - Check
    Sep - Check
    Swede - Let's just put a Check
    Dmac - It will be a Season of Beatings
    Mitb - Check
    Prestige Champion - Check
    World Champion - Check
    Creater of the First and most dominate Stable in PWW history
    The First Famly - Check

vCash
    If anyone ever beats Takers streak the whole thing was pointless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ichitownclowni View Post
    If anyone ever beats Takers streak the whole thing was pointless
    How as it pointless? Andre The Giant was undefeated for how many years? He had one more match to let Hogan go over to pass the torch. You have to build stars Taker to just retire at 21-0/22-0 really does nothing for WWE and leaves them with a huge hole to fill
    My PWW checklist

Wrigs - Check
    HTown - Check
    Riv - Check
    Jrm - Check
    Saddler - Check
    Rob - Check
    Sep - Check
    Swede - Let's just put a Check
    Dmac - It will be a Season of Beatings
    Mitb - Check
    Prestige Champion - Check
    World Champion - Check
    Creater of the First and most dominate Stable in PWW history
    The First Famly - Check

vCash
    I disagree. I think it would be pointless for Taker to retire with the streak. Once he is retired the streak means nothing. I think he is going to lose on his way out.

it will be a major Wrestlemania moment, similar to Hogan slamming Andre and "passing the torch".

vCash
    None of these guys are on that level. None of these guys should take it. Punk Cena and maybe Orton thats it

vCash
    Well more than likely it is going to be one of those that end it. It won't happen for another year or two anyway so you never know where guys like Dean Ambrose will be when it's WM30 or WM31.

Punk two years ago being mentioned as having a match with Taker at mania and even having the discussion of him ending the streak would have had you laughed at. It's still not very likely of him breaking it but it's not as ridiculous of a thought as it would have been a few years ago. Alot can change over the span of a few years and guys that aren't even on the radar now or main eventers will be alot bigger by then and enter into the conversation.

vCash
    I'm not saying it will be Punk, but I am almost positive that Taker wants to end the streak and give it to someone deserving of having that on their resume. Sort of like Andre/Hulk.

These guys aren't as selfish as some might think, Taker is probably looking forward to putting someone over by ending the streak with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goalie View Post
    I'm not saying it will be Punk, but I am almost positive that Taker wants to end the streak and give it to someone deserving of having that on their resume. Sort of like Andre/Hulk.

These guys aren't as selfish as some might think, Taker is probably looking forward to putting someone over by ending the streak with them.
    Yeah Taker is an old school guy. I have said for awhile that he will lose on his way out. He wants to do what's right for business and losing on your way out for the guys that are there is what you are supposed to do. Taker losing the streak in his last match ever is a bigger Wrestlemania moment then him winning and walking away forever.

I think it has to have some kind of conclusion anyway. As long as the streak is intact there is always going to be that talk of one more match. He could win this mania and come out the next night on Raw and say he is retiring. You know come next mania people are going to start the rumor up that it was an angle and that he will come back. I think it has to have a finalization and I think he would prefer it that way. Once the streak is over he will be done.

vCash
    I think he has been very good for the company and provided another top performer that the company can use. I can't see him breaking Taker's streak. If it gets broken, it will be to Cena (which would be horrible for everyone) or to the next company guy that wwe wants to solidify.

Like Mellz said though, with all of the new performers coming up, I think we will eventually see them pushed into the ME picture, making title runs like this harder to accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    i would like to see a guy like Ambrose someday beat taker

vCash
    Taker has said for years that if the right person comes along to end The Streak then he will give that person the opportunity. We all know that Shawn Michaels and Triple H put on good matches in back to back years against him and they really made me feel that maybe the record could've been broken. I can't speak on who may be the next guy in line to challenge Taker at WM but i do know that whoever it is will give him a run for his money and it will be an awesome match

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    It would be awesome if Punk broke Taker's streak.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast